PDA

View Full Version : Stock Market

Phantom
03-18-2020, 02:10 PM
I'm not a stock market player, however I might be interested in buying some stocks now.
In 12 months all of this frantic craziness will be over and stocks will continue to climb.

I'm being told to buy Apple, Exxon, Boeing etc.....
History repeats itself and in a few months, things will start going back up.

Any suggestions?

jmdaniel
03-18-2020, 02:31 PM
I'm not a stock market player, however I might be interested in buying some stocks now.
In 12 months all of this frantic craziness will be over and stocks will continue to climb.

Any suggestions?

Unless you have a lot of free time to do the research, and a strong stomach for risk, buy a low expense index fund.

2wheelsforme
03-18-2020, 02:51 PM
Yep things will start going back up in the future but guessing when things stop going down is the problem.

Ewreck
03-18-2020, 02:57 PM

Any suggestions?
I’ve been out of the rigged Ponzi since 2016 but will probably start playing again if it gets under 16k. It’s hard to toss in coin on something that hasn’t had a semi honest valuation since 1995.

Cali261
03-18-2020, 07:17 PM
I would stay out of any oil plays as the Soviets and Saudies are in an oil war and are flooding the market, in addition to that the entire world appears to be on lockdown and in a recession. The new generation would rather Uber than drive. Just my humble opinion, since you asked.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/oil-price-could-fall-below-zero-analyst

shortleg0521
03-19-2020, 09:01 AM
Yes there will be some money to be made, like was said where is bottom.
Apple and other small stocks will provide some great returns. BUT it is
like Vegas, dont gamble more than you can loose .

Davidk
03-20-2020, 12:07 AM
I have a program that offers stock-market like gains with NO market risk. Your account will never lose money due to market downfalls. PM or email me for details.

shortleg0521
03-21-2020, 04:50 PM
With a system like yours you should be one of the richest men around.

Davidk
03-21-2020, 05:22 PM
With a system like yours you should be one of the richest men around.

I would have been had I known about this years ago. None of my client's accounts have lost a penny with this major drop, literally.

Travelor
03-22-2020, 09:25 AM

Any suggestions?

I'm thinking established US company airline stock. Gov won't let the airlines fail (?) because the global economy will continue to require air travel. All the requirements for a return to routine air travel are in place (infrastructure, planes, people, etc.). No big ramp up costs to get back up to speed. Just an idea. Not so positive on the oil stocks, Saudi Arabia is making it clear that they want to and will dominate the market. They have been building their production capacity up greatly for the last 20 years and have (I think I read somewhere a 10 million barrel a day reserve capacity) the ability to swamp the market with low cost product. Their cost of production is less than $10 per barrel. US production cost is over $20, with shale production cost even higher. Figures may be off a bit but the concept is correct.

Ewreck
03-22-2020, 10:04 AM
I would have been had I known about this years ago. None of my client's accounts have lost a penny with this major drop, literally.

My grandpa would of told you, if it sounds to good to be true.......

Post a link to unlimited riches.

BIGLRY
03-22-2020, 02:21 PM

:icon_ditto:

Phantom
03-22-2020, 03:54 PM
:icon_ditto:

I agree, POST your information so that ALL of us can benefit, why hoard the info, is it smoke and mirrors????

I've started a List of stock that is currently DE-Valued and will come back.....

Marriott Hotels
Hilton Hotels
Avis/Budget
Expedia
United Airlines
Delta Airlines
American Airlines
JetBlue
Alaska Air
Southwest
Emirates Airline
Boeing
Seaworld Entertainment
Apple (production plants in China are closed and will re-open)
Exxon
Chevron
Murphy Oil
Royal Dutch Shell
Toyota
Carnival Cruise
Royal Caribbean
Norwegian Cruise
Qualcom (5G Communications)
Nokia (5G Communications)
TEVA Pharmaceuticals
Alibaba
JD.com (Amazon equivalent in China)
HP
Raytheon
Amazon
PayPal (more on line shopping to come)

Ewreck
03-22-2020, 07:19 PM
I agree, POST your information so that ALL of us can benefit, why hoard the info, is it smoke and mirrors????

I've started a List of stock that is currently DE-Valued and will come back.....

Marriott Hotels
Hilton Hotels
Avis/Budget
Expedia
United Airlines
Delta Airlines
American Airlines
JetBlue
Alaska Air
Southwest
Emirates Airline
Boeing
Seaworld Entertainment
Apple (production plants in China are closed and will re-open)
Exxon
Chevron
Murphy Oil
Royal Dutch Shell
Toyota
Carnival Cruise
Royal Caribbean
Norwegian Cruise
Qualcom (5G Communications)
Nokia (5G Communications)
TEVA Pharmaceuticals
Alibaba
JD.com (Amazon equivalent in China)
HP
Raytheon
Amazon
PayPal (more on line shopping to come)

The Dow, which is NOT the stock market, could test 15k if the Goobermint doesn’t print 3 to 5 trillion and try to inflate prices which imo are already artificially high. When you understand that most of the companies traded are leveraged 10, 20, 30 times earnings or actual value, look out below. Gonna take some more downward pressure for me to dip my toe back into the water but I’m also retired and on DEFENSE when it comes to my finances.

Davidk
03-22-2020, 09:57 PM

I never said, untold riches, I said no market risk :)

http://wealthconceptsgroup.com/retirement_info.html

I am happy to give anyone a presentation with details on the program.

Ewreck
03-22-2020, 11:46 PM
I never said, untold riches, I said no market risk :)

http://wealthconceptsgroup.com/retirement_info.html

I am happy to give anyone a presentation with details on the program.
I said unlimited as you stated you’d be the richest guy in the world if....... so I assume a slight sales exaggeration?

unsub
03-27-2020, 04:04 PM
Disclaimer- Phantom, throwing money into black holes other than real estate is a thing of the past for me and I was pretty bad at it to begin with.

Again IMO...Going forward global luxury travel and vacation cruises will be on everyone's radar as risky at least for a few years. We have all seen that you can risk infection while traveling on foreign soil and at sea, and how the door can easily close preventing your return home. It'll also take 100's of thousands of families a year or two to re group financially.

The conundrum for us oldies is that low risk safe investments won't gain much traction for the balance of our lifetimes.

Just my 2c worth.

Stay healthy as best you can everyone.

Ewreck
03-27-2020, 06:50 PM
Company my wife works for, JBS International just posted record net profits in 2019 of 209 billion. Looking at a record 1st quarter in 2020. They are the worlds largest protein provider and she works in their chicken division, Pilgrim’s Pride.

Phantom
03-27-2020, 07:38 PM
Company my wife works for, JBS International just posted record net profits in 2019 of 209 billion. Looking at a record 1st quarter in 2020. They are the worlds largest protein provider and she works in their chicken division, Pilgrim’s Pride.
JBS International

Owned by Blue Cross - Blue Shield of South Carolina

Ewreck
03-28-2020, 10:59 AM
JBS International

Owned by Blue Cross - Blue Shield of South Carolina

Different Company. Actually owned by a Brazilian guy. 250k employees so I’m sure there’s multiple crossover markets. Dudes story is quite impressive. jbssa.com is their main website.

Phantom
12-02-2020, 09:56 PM
Well, on June 1st I took the plunge.

I purchased BOEING stock at $151.00 per share.

It's been a wild ride and the future is still unknown, however Boeing has done well. Today it is hovering around $225.00

IF and I say IF YOU HAD purchased 1000 shares and STILL have them ... you have made $74,000 in only 6 months :yikes: