PDA

View Full Version : 1st 100 miles

gunut
12-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Well My story the 1st 100 . I guess I should give a little back ground coming off a 2012 CVO Streetglide .
I find the F6b the best decision I made in a couple years .
1- I thought the CVO was the bomb ( chrome , 110 , stereo , etc..)
2- I always liked the shark nose (road glide)had one so the lines on the F6b caught my eye
OK I find that in life you never get all this cheaper...
BETTER HANDLING /RIDING (F6b lighter in all aspects ) taking off kick stand to doing turnarounds, bumps etc....
BETTER BRAKING... CVO had anti-lock brakes but my basic doesn't and still the linked system is better , while hard braking bike the balancing of the bike is better .
( can only contribute this to the Harley had more nose dive and your weight shifted more)
BETTER PERFORMANCE ----The F6b torque and power is far better than CVO with full exhaust with tune
THE BEST part is the HONDA burns regular gas too !!!
OK I can say the CVO had the better stereo with 8 speakers but the F6b seems to have more base
THE CVO has a lot more BLING but I don't think I will miss the hours detailing all the chrome .

Thanks for the info on the forums helping me with my decision about the Honda and 10,000 savings ! 'riding'

hiflyer
12-08-2013, 05:08 PM
Welocme! There are plenty of us here that are "former" HD riders. There was a time that I wouldn't ride anything else, even when everthing else was more reliable. Good folks here, enjoy the experience.

GONRDN
12-08-2013, 05:44 PM
Welcome to the F6B. I came off a Road King and never looking back.

FlaMike
12-08-2013, 05:54 PM
.welcome20. Another former HD owner (a few times). Never had a CVO but always enjoyed my Harleys but I enjoy every bike I've had.

Wings (& F6B's) always shine as a rider's motorcycle. Harley's are pretty and they make a good bike but with an 1800 Flat6 engine, the F6B is a mile eater. The best part is you don't have to spend a dime (Stage 1, dyno tune, etc) to make the bike perform like it should!

Enjoy yours.

bob109
12-08-2013, 07:10 PM
Time is on your side. With each new mile driven the grin on your face will grow wider:icon_wink:

Never owned a Harley but had many big cc metrics i.e. Honda 1800 VTX, 1900 cc Yamaha Strat S, 1800 cc Suzuki M-109! All great bikes but no comparison to the F6B. Penned the following after three month. What was written then still applies now! Enjoy your new ride:icon_biggrin:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?566-Three-Months-Into-The-F6B

CarolinaRider
12-08-2013, 07:22 PM
This is only my second bike and I am 42. Bought a less expensive Vulcan to start out on 5 years ago and hardly road it. Only 900 cc with no stereo, it just wasnt any fun. Ever since the first ride home back in early April I have loved every second on this Bike.

after reading a lot of posts on here I feel like I have saved a lot of money making the F6B my choice. its great to have a forum like this as well for ideas and shared experiences. Still dont get to ride as much as I want but I know when I get to it is pure pleasure.

jlyon
12-08-2013, 07:38 PM
I own a 2009 H-D Ultra Classic and it is very much a fun bike to ride and up to now has been my go-to bike for long hauls....

I also own a H-D 2009 CVO FatBob which I thought was was going to be my more fun ride to carve some canyon roads with...

However....

I also now have a F6B Deluxe, and having ridden it down to the Myrtle Beach Bike week this year, I can easily see this bike eclipsing both my FatBob for canyon carving and my Ultra for long haul riding !!!!

But I ain't giving up my H-D's either....

Sometimes I just wanna show the chrome !!!!

and sometimes I wanna show the chrome guys my tail lights !!!!!

erazor55
12-08-2013, 08:49 PM
I've owned a couple of Ultra Glides and one Sportster. This 'Goldwing' is a vastly superior motorcycle.

dickiedeals
12-08-2013, 09:06 PM
Well My story the 1st 100 . I guess I should give a little back ground coming off a 2012 CVO Streetglide .
I find the F6b the best decision I made in a couple years .
1- I thought the CVO was the bomb ( chrome , 110 , stereo , etc..)
2- I always liked the shark nose (road glide)had one so the lines on the F6b caught my eye
OK I find that in life you never get all this cheaper...
BETTER HANDLING /RIDING (F6b lighter in all aspects ) taking off kick stand to doing turnarounds, bumps etc....
BETTER BRAKING... CVO had anti-lock brakes but my basic doesn't and still the linked system is better , while hard braking bike the balancing of the bike is better .
( can only contribute this to the Harley had more nose dive and your weight shifted more)
BETTER PERFORMANCE ----The F6b torque and power is far better than CVO with full exhaust with tune
THE BEST part is the HONDA burns regular gas too !!!
OK I can say the CVO had the better stereo with 8 speakers but the F6b seems to have more base
THE CVO has a lot more BLING but I don't think I will miss the hours detailing all the chrome .

Thanks for the info on the forums helping me with my decision about the Honda and 10,000 savings ! 'riding'

Welcome to the F6B! It only gets better............yee haa

choptop
12-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Welcome. Have a '90 Fl w/an Ultima 127ci aftermarket engine and 6 speed. Love the bike but the reliability sucks, new that going in. Have my heart set on the F6B for a spring purchase. Black of course, because it's the fastest.

Steve 0080
12-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Welcome.... I too have a H.D. Ultra in the garage.... just does not seem to get riden much!

Mustangjake
12-08-2013, 09:30 PM
Welcome to the forum !
I never wash mine so if u get bored come by I will supply the beer while
You clean.
I had a ultra glide it rusted when I didn't clean it! I sold it.

:icon_tree:

chipmaker
12-08-2013, 09:43 PM
Welcome. Love my F6B, but cant wait to get another HD to share the garage...