PDA

View Full Version : Mustang Seat

Lawman882
04-02-2020, 11:41 PM
Anyone have experience with the Mustang seat? First, how soft is it on the butt? And second, does it change your riding position from the stock seat... Back? Forward? Up? Down?

Draxsr
04-03-2020, 07:35 AM
I had a Mustang on my VTX1800 and it was a vast improvement over stock. It did sit me a bit higher however, though on the VTX it didn't matter much. On the B, it may be a deal breaker, depending on your inseam.

JackB
04-03-2020, 07:50 AM
I have a Mustang seat on my B and it's is on the hard side but it is comfortable for a all day ride but if I'm on trip I use a Airhawk cushion I don't know if it's needed but it helps.
If I remember right it is an inch lower than stock.

jmdaniel
04-03-2020, 08:03 AM
Anyone have experience with the Mustang seat? First, how soft is it on the butt? And second, does it change your riding position from the stock seat... Back? Forward? Up? Down?

I have one on my B, and like it. Good back support, and you'll sit about an inch lower and a tiny bit back.

2wheelsforme
04-03-2020, 10:15 AM
Short legged people get a Mustang, short armed get a Ultimate Mid Rider, large peps get a Ultimate King, extra large and tall get a Russell Day long and have the seat moved up and back.

jmdaniel
04-03-2020, 10:30 AM
Short legged people get a Mustang, short armed get a Ultimate Mid Rider, large peps get a Ultimate King, huge bastards get a Russell Day long and have the seat moved up and back.

FIFY

:cool:

2wheelsforme
04-03-2020, 10:54 AM
FIFY

:cool:

Also know as manly men!

98valk
04-03-2020, 11:14 AM
I replaced the stock seat with a Mustang because the stock seat makes the F6b look like a great big moped! :)

However, if I am making a long trip, I put the stock seat back on. The Mustang is hard (compared to stock). It does not really have a back rest, but more of a butt chock during acceleration.

jmdaniel
04-03-2020, 01:11 PM
Also know as manly men!

Of course! I hope you and the missus are doing well!

SimonTemplar
04-04-2020, 01:44 AM
I've had my Mustang since roughly May of '16. It will sit you slightly back and about an inch lower. But that small amount will lower the Center of Gravity and compleatly change the way your bike handles. Much better than stock. It is also much more comfortable than the stock seat. I couldn't ride the stock seat more than about 20-25 miles at a stretch without severe back and tailbone pain (so bad my upper legs would become totally numb from it). With the Mustang seat I can easily go 75-100. Perhaps even more...but being an old fart these days, that's about as far as other parts of me can go at a stretch anyway...so I'll never really know how far the Mustang will actually go. ;)

If you are shorter, it will also get your feet more securely on the ground at a stop. Alas....I am 6'3 and about 290...so it makes me look a little silly on it. However, the bike handles so much better that I haven't complained.

All of that being said, I do have to admit that I have a Corbin seat on order to replace it.But it has been on order since way the hell back in January and I haven't seen it yet. Corbin has made numerous false promises and flat out lies about imminent shipping...then they finally broke down and said 'maybe June or July if you're lucky'. SO, I am going to be riding the Mustang for awhile yet.

I could do worse.

.....sT

woody
04-13-2020, 03:52 PM
Does the mustang seat have to be removed before you can remove the side covers?

SimonTemplar
04-13-2020, 04:05 PM
It is significantly easier to remove the side covers if you first remove the seat. BUT....if you are careful about it and go slowly, you don't HAVE to remove the seat.

....sT

jmdaniel
04-13-2020, 04:27 PM

No.

woody
04-14-2020, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the feed back. I recall a problem with early Corbin seats having to be removed before side cover removal. I am not sure weather it has been rectified.

Levy1
04-14-2020, 09:12 PM
I have one on my B, and like it. Good back support, and you'll sit about an inch lower and a tiny bit back.

2016 B I never rode the stock seat. The mustang is as as comfortable as they come to me. Inch lower little bit back good looking on the bike. Makes the bike dance down the highway.

ReserveBum
04-15-2020, 06:36 AM
Thanks for the feed back. I recall a problem with early Corbin seats having to be removed before side cover removal. I am not sure weather it has been rectified.

Its still a PITA. The left side is the hardest, but with a little work it is possible

vmax88
04-18-2020, 12:53 PM
The Mustang seat is very comfortable & I love the back support but I never road with the OE seat, I had a Mustang put on before I picked my bike up in July just due to seat height I am 5'7"
Take the comfort thing with a grain of salt I came off of a Vmax I put over 100k on so my frame of reference may be skewed

Clint

98valk
04-20-2020, 11:42 AM

Clearly we all have different opinions on this. I would say, "yes" the seat does have to come off to remove and reinstall the side covers (mostly reinstalling is tough).

I trimmed the edging of my Mustang seat pan to make it easier, and it is still a real pita. Removing and reinstalling the side panels was no problem at all with the stock seat.

six2go
04-26-2020, 04:36 PM
Another question(or two)regarding the Mustang seat. Does it provide support under the thighs? I have an Ultimate King Rider that does well in that area but I would like to sit lower since I'm kinda short.
Do you guys have the original flat seating area or the "tuck & roll"?

jmdaniel
04-27-2020, 10:32 AM
Another question(or two)regarding the Mustang seat. Does it provide support under the thighs? I have an Ultimate King Rider that does well in that area but I would like to sit lower since I'm kinda short.

Not in my opinion, no, but that is one of the reasons I like it. And mine is tuck and roll.

six2go
04-27-2020, 05:46 PM

Thanks all, lotsa good information here.:039:

adventurous1
04-29-2020, 12:33 AM
Short legged people get a Mustang, short armed get a Ultimate Mid Rider, large peps get a Ultimate King, extra large and tall get a Russell Day long and have the seat moved up and back.

Have put 40K plus miles on the Ult Kg - fantastic seat. Did a 5 wk 10K trip. No problemo.

a1scoot
04-29-2020, 06:09 PM
Have a Mustang seat on my 2013 F6B...Standard seat no pleats.
Did a 31 state 8400 mile ride around the US in 18 days and the seat worked fantastic...
I'm 5'7" if that matters....

six2go
04-29-2020, 09:09 PM
Have a Mustang seat on my 2013 F6B...Standard seat no pleats.
Did a 31 state 8400 mile ride around the US in 18 days and the seat worked fantastic...
I'm 5'7" if that matters....

That's the kind of info I was looking for. Thank you.
If you see this, could you maybe answer the other question I had about support under the thighs? My Ultimate does a good job in that respect but I would like the same support in a little bit lower seat. I am also 5'7". Thanks.:cheers:

a1scoot
05-01-2020, 10:30 AM
Never had any issue regarding thigh support but I'm an avid off road rider still at 63 and when off roading I stand 90 percent of the time so my legs are fairly sturdy...
The seat feels wider than stock so thigh support is there.
I really like the mustang seat but the guy that sold it to me hated it...
Were all different in that respect.
a1scoot

six2go
05-01-2020, 01:09 PM
Never had any issue regarding thigh support but I'm an avid off road rider still at 63 and when off roading I stand 90 percent of the time so my legs are fairly sturdy...
The seat feels wider than stock so thigh support is there.
I really like the mustang seat but the guy that sold it to me hated it...
Were all different in that respect.
a1scoot
Thanks much my friend. I'm about ready to order one.

vstar09
05-01-2020, 05:16 PM
I put one on my 2013 when I bought it the stock seat was to wide in the front for me to flat foot at a stop, 5' 10' The mustang is firm but fairly comfy, for a 300 mile ride I put a airhawk on

perohijo
05-02-2020, 07:36 AM
I don't know where did you get the "short people get a mustang" info. I'm about 5'7" and had a mustang seat that although it was soft it placed me further back and actually higher than the stock seat. I decided to keep my stock seat and instead tried to make it as comfortable as possible. As it is, I got it right where I need it instead of having to re-do everything again with a mustang seat.
I think with some creativity and the right accessories the stock seat can be just as good.

2wheelsforme
05-02-2020, 08:54 AM
Never had one myself but the the closest info is from this thread from Simon Templar: I've had my Mustang since roughly May of '16. It will sit you slightly back and about an inch lower. But that small amount will lower the Center of Gravity and compleatly change the way your bike handles. Much better than stock. It is also much more comfortable than the stock seat. I couldn't ride the stock seat more than about 20-25 miles at a stretch without severe back and tailbone pain (so bad my upper legs would become totally numb from it). With the Mustang seat I can easily go 75-100. Perhaps even more...but being an old fart these days, that's about as far as other parts of me can go at a stretch anyway...so I'll never really know how far the Mustang will actually go.

If you are shorter, it will also get your feet more securely on the ground at a stop. Alas....I am 6'3 and about 290...so it makes me look a little silly on it. However, the bike handles so much better that I haven't complained.

All of that being said, I do have to admit that I have a Corbin seat on order to replace it.But it has been on order since way the hell back in January and I haven't seen it yet. Corbin has made numerous false promises and flat out lies about imminent shipping...then they finally broke down and said 'maybe June or July if you're lucky'. SO, I am going to be riding the Mustang for awhile yet.

I could do worse.

SimonTemplar
05-04-2020, 03:00 AM
Yep, that's what I said and I stand by it. I understand the full Wing Mustang is a different design...perhaps it will sit one higher. But, the F6B Mustang I have definitely puts you a bit lower (like maybe an inch or so)

....sT

jmdaniel
05-04-2020, 08:03 AM
I did 813 miles on my Mustang on Saturday, with no issues.

stevenolts
06-11-2021, 12:24 PM
I rode 15 hours on my Mustang seat 2 weeks ago with no problems.

maxrider
06-11-2021, 06:32 PM
I looked at one, and it hurt :).