PDA

View Full Version : COVID-19, Time for reflection and catching up on projects.

Phantom
04-16-2020, 09:54 PM
:cheers:

I've never seen anything like this before.
It's given me time to catch up on several projects around the house and service my vehicles.

On the Goldwing I replaced front and rear Brake fluids and the Clutch fluid.
Changed the engine oil with Rotella T6 and installed a new Bosch 3323 Oil Filter.

Radiator Fluid flush is next...

Anyone else changing their fluids?

skinnyguy
04-16-2020, 10:52 PM
Changed my coolant, will be doing clutch and break fluid later in the summer.

Cali261
04-16-2020, 11:16 PM
:cheers:

I've never seen anything like this before.
It's given me time to catch up on several projects around the house and service my vehicles.

On the Goldwing I replaced front and rear Brake fluids and the Clutch fluid.
Changed the engine oil with Rotella T6 and installed a new Bosch 3323 Oil Filter.

Radiator Fluid flush is next...

Anyone else changing their fluids?

I’m drinking a six pack a day, does that count?

jm21ddd15
04-17-2020, 08:58 AM
Put a new battery in the F6, and also in my pick-up. Changed rear rubber on my FZ-09. Supposed to get about 46 degrees, today, so I'll be riding.

F6Pilot
04-17-2020, 07:49 PM
Front and rear brake fluids, oil change, audio upgrades.

unsub
04-18-2020, 06:55 AM

As long as it's not oil you should be fine.:cheers:

ReserveBum
04-18-2020, 07:36 AM
New Monotubes, Alternator, new voltmeter, radiator flush, air filter, and battery. As I type this and look out my window, its snowing pretty hard, so no riding today.

Phantom
04-18-2020, 11:32 AM

Absolutely it does.:cheers:
Mechanic Lubricants/Fluids come in various viscosities and all have different purpose specific applications.
This "Specialty Beer" Lubricant when used in the proper quantity keeps a mechanic's elbow from seizing and allows him to keep wrenching effortlessly.
Over-filling is not recommended, it could over-flow and create a mess.
My Garage has specific shelves dedicated to this lubricant, its protected behind a door and at a specific temperature for best results.:alc:

BIGLRY
04-18-2020, 11:54 AM
Absolutely it does.:cheers:
Mechanic Lubricants/Fluids come in various viscosities and all have different purpose specific applications.
This "Specialty Beer" Lubricant when used in the proper quantity keeps a mechanic's elbow from seizing and allows him to keep wrenching effortlessly.
Over-filling is not recommended, it could over-flow and create a mess.
My Garage has specific shelves dedicated to this lubricant, its protected behind a door and at a specific temperature for best results.:alc:

Yes, I have the same storage facilities for my "Specialty Beer" Lubricant which also keeps my internal body regulating supply fuel properly chilled for consumption.

blackmetoc
04-26-2020, 09:38 AM
I got new tires. I need to refresh the front forks. I think that is on a maintenance schedule somewhere. I have not dug out the timeline on that. These shocks have about 50K on them.

Skromfols
04-30-2020, 11:16 AM
I'm fortunate enough to live in the foothills in northern California, and with this beautiful weather I've been able to make a few rides. While there are plenty of places to buy lunch, finding a place to have lunch is more difficult. Some parks are open, but they have all of the parking blocked off to keep everyone except locals away. But I've managed to find a few places. I've also seen a few groups of motorcyclists and they don't seem to be having any problems up here. Thankfully more businesses are starting to open back up.