PDA

View Full Version : Corbin Strikes Again....

SimonTemplar
05-19-2020, 05:39 PM
Some hereabouts may have read my comments elsewhere in the forums about the troubles I was having with Corbin and the lousy treatment I'd received from them after ordering their Smugglers Trunk for my Matte Silver back in late January.

Although they promised 4-6 week delivery when I placed the order...months later I was still waiting. Every time I called them about it, I received a new and different excuse and lots more empty promises about the matter. In fact, in March the person with whom I spoke basically told me that I just naturally should have known that they wouldn't do it in 4 - 6 weeks regardless of their promises ...so apparently that made it MY fault.

Finally.....it arrived last Friday ( 15 MAY....four months after placing the order ). Nice big box....not well-packed, but safely more than adequate. Paperwork packed inside matched the Sales Invoice they emailed me when I ordered. Someone had even scrawled on the outside of the box what was inside....right down to the Matte Silver colour.

I'll let all of you decide about what I received for my $1900 and change.......

7460 7461

(Oh...and I forgot to mention....the mounting hardware packed with it was missing a few items as well. Nothing terribly bad....but kind of goes along with the rest of the situation. Whomever packaged that portion of things is unable to count to two. Ironically, they proved that twice)

I will never make the mistake that is Corbin Saddles ever again

.....sT

Verismo
05-19-2020, 05:55 PM
It ARRIVED with those scratches on it?

Jason

SimonTemplar
05-19-2020, 06:01 PM
Yep. Don't know if I am going to be charged extra for those or I get 'em for free. But, that's the way it came out of the box. No idea how they occurred. Since it will have to be repainted anyway....not sure that it matters terribly, though.

....sT

SimonTemplar
05-19-2020, 06:19 PM
Also....the seat colour was ordered as what Corbin calls 'Chocolate Brown Leather'.

This is the colour shown on their website.....

I'd love to whine about this as well. But...with everything else, why spend the energy? (Unless, of course, they got that colour wrong too)

.....sT

Willl
05-19-2020, 06:22 PM
It looks good, follows the lines of the bike nicely

The black goes well with your colors so no need to paint if you so choose

jm21ddd15
05-19-2020, 08:31 PM
4 months for a scratched trunk, and the wrong color? Oooo I'd be pissed off! Send the pics to them, and demand a refund.

Verismo
05-19-2020, 08:54 PM
Ditto. 1900 dollars and that wait and the wrong color and that condition? What in the world...

Jason

billsim
05-20-2020, 06:17 AM
Really like the way the seat fits the bike's lines and proportions. Colors look great on your bike.
Seems like a good idea to avoid Corbin till they get things straightened out internally if they can.

seventwenty
05-20-2020, 07:57 AM
It never would have gotten mounted if it were me. I may have even cancelled before that long.

Ewreck
05-20-2020, 08:08 AM
Also....the seat colour was ordered as what Corbin calls 'Chocolate Brown Leather'.

This is the colour shown on their website.....

I'd love to whine about this as well. But...with everything else, why spend the energy? (Unless, of course, they got that colour wrong too)

.....sT

How much internal room? If you were going to paint it to match I’d demand a 30 to 40% refund. If not, I’d tell em you want your money back, especially for the seat color. Looks sharp tho.

SeaSteve
05-20-2020, 09:17 AM
IMO...It would look odd if the trunk was the lighter grey "Matte Silver" color. At least in your pictures, I like that it matches the seat color.

I completely agree with every other complaint you have. Sorry your getting such bad service from Corbin.

jmdaniel
05-20-2020, 11:10 AM
It never would have gotten mounted if it were me. I may have even cancelled before that long.

Ditto.

thunder217
05-20-2020, 11:52 AM
That is terrible service, I would have packed that thing back up and sent countless emails to the tops in charge at the Corbin Company. I would not stop sending until I got some kind of response from Corbin. The original Idea was great for Corbin, but as I remember in the beginning the fit was not great but now they seam to just don't care about the request of the consumer at all. I would be a wash for me when it was removed from the box. Just my thoughts. I demand on getting what I pay for.

jmthomas87
06-21-2020, 10:24 AM
I like the design, but the service you got really makes me wonder if it is worth it.

Cali261
06-21-2020, 12:59 PM
If you know you might get screwed going in, you can’t be to upset when you do.

Defiant77
06-21-2020, 04:53 PM
First question that comes to mind is why did you accept it and not send it back?