PDA

View Full Version : Half covers recommendation

Python
05-20-2020, 08:40 PM
Anyone have a half cover that they would recommend getting. Want to cover the bike while at work

Draxsr
05-20-2020, 10:02 PM
https://wingstuff.com/products/37085-ultraguard-goldwing-half-cover-black

Fits nicely on the B, keeps the rain/sun off, easy off/on, and packs very small.

SeaSteve
05-21-2020, 08:33 AM
I've got the "Nelson-Rigg UV-2000-04-XL Silver X-Large UV-2000 Motorcycle Half Cover" for about the same price. It fits perfectly even if I have a bag on the passenger seat and the rear of the cover "catches" nicely on the rear of the my luggage rack.

TheWalrus
05-21-2020, 12:32 PM
https://wingstuff.com/products/37085-ultraguard-goldwing-half-cover-black

Fits nicely on the B, keeps the rain/sun off, easy off/on, and packs very small.

I have a real cheap half cover I used on my Wing. From the photo of this it looks similar. BUT mine is not wide enough to slide down over the saddle bags on my 'B. Does this Ultra Guard cover go down all the way over the saddle bags when there's nothing on the rear seat?

Draxsr
05-21-2020, 07:20 PM
I have a real cheap half cover I used on my Wing. From the photo of this it looks similar. BUT mine is not wide enough to slide down over the saddle bags on my 'B. Does this Ultra Guard cover go down all the way over the saddle bags when there's nothing on the rear seat?

Unless I'm badly mistaken, half-covers, by their nature, aren't designed to cover the saddle bags but simply keep the 'top' of the bike dry/shaded. Mine catches my luggage rack and has ample room to allow for the antenna and a strapped-on bag.

naga viper
05-22-2020, 09:17 AM
This is my recommendation I had the Nelson rigg it scratched the @#*k out of b
Haven't had in heavy rain yet but no scratches!
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dowco-guardian-premium-half-cover

F6Pilot
05-22-2020, 09:34 AM
www.gezagear.com

SeaSteve
05-22-2020, 09:35 AM
If I remember correctly, several of the less than "3" star reviews on Amazon where for scratches on bikes. My Nelson-Rigg hasn't scratched the bike but it fits nice and snug over the front cowl and windshield and the Big Bike Parts luggage rack in the back. Almost like it was custom made for my bike.

It doesn't cover the saddle bags at all but there water proof when closed.

TheWalrus
05-22-2020, 12:05 PM
Unless I'm badly mistaken, half-covers, by their nature, aren't designed to cover the saddle bags but simply keep the 'top' of the bike dry/shaded. Mine catches my luggage rack and has ample room to allow for the antenna and a strapped-on bag.

I guess what I really want is a 3/4 cover.

My 'sadness' is that the half covers are designed to fit over the big trunk, so I hoped it would slide down over the bags instead since we have no trunk. I don't have a luggage rack so it just kind of grips the lip at the rear of the bike above the taillights. It's held on through pretty high wind, but also sags too much and pools rain water.

Python
05-25-2020, 07:20 PM
Thanks for all the information and choices