PDA

View Full Version : Seat for the vertically challenged

indadman
05-23-2020, 09:29 AM
I have a 28" -29" inseam, and struggle a bit with the seat height of the F6B. I have been riding with a Mustang seat since I purchased the bike (a 2016 model). The Mustang seat helped the height issue a bit, but it is also very hard, and can create back pain after 200+ miles of riding. Even the addition of an AirHawk seat pad hasn't helped all of that much.

I enjoy doing very long rides...including Iron Butts, but I am going to be limited in such efforts until I figure a seat solution.

Any suggestions?

Shane35Fowle
05-24-2020, 10:09 AM
I've got the Corbin Dual heated Tourer on order. I'm 5'9.... Was 5'10 before the army🤦🏼-♂️ every Corbin seat I've had has been firm but extremely comfortable long distance. Especially after the foam contours to your rear/back. I have no question it will be comfortable. Just pray it does better for my back than the stock seat shelf.... That thing is brutal.

indadman
05-24-2020, 11:02 AM
Thank you for your reply. I'm going to the Corbin site, and check that seat out.

indadman
05-24-2020, 11:05 AM
Please let me know how the seat feels after you have broken it in.

Shane35Fowle
05-28-2020, 08:58 AM
Seat arrived the other day. Check out my post in the garage with pics. The mustang allegedly sits you 1" lower than stock while the Corbin is only 1/2". It can be made narrower in the thighs tho if you call them from what I've been told.
Seat won't get put on for a while tho. I'm waiting for all my parts before I pull the Tourpack again 🤣 I almost lost a friend putting that sucker on.

indadman
05-28-2020, 09:12 AM
Seat arrived the other day. Check out my post in the garage with pics. The mustang allegedly sits you 1" lower than stock while the Corbin is only 1/2". It can be made narrower in the thighs tho if you call them from what I've been told.
Seat won't get put on for a while tho. I'm waiting for all my parts before I pull the Tourpack again 🤣 I almost lost a friend putting that sucker on.

That's why I always work on my bike alone! What part of Louisiana do you live???

Shane35Fowle
05-28-2020, 09:26 AM
I'm in DeRidder!

I don't think it would have been possible to install the trunk without a friend... 2 friends probably would have made it easier! Or some sort of adjustable rafter hoist.

2wheelsforme
05-28-2020, 11:09 AM
For people who buy a bike that is too big for them: http://lowerwing.com/?fbclid=IwAR0e-7WmSEWNi8qP6LoEIglDGv6x2873dWDgH6tjtCx7-NrkqtoxNQYSNgQ

TheWalrus
05-29-2020, 05:54 PM
I don't feel I have the same cornering clearance on the B compared to my old 2003 Wing. I scrape the pegs way easier and I'm not a master tourer. I would think the Lowerwing product would make the B underside just to low. Does anyone have that on their B?