PDA

View Full Version : Warning! Bike on it's side.

2wheelsforme
06-05-2020, 12:41 PM
Do not lay the bike over on it's side to change out the rear time with a full tank of fuel. I know that is common knowledge but I let it slip and made a puddle, very dangerous. Got it back up and now have to ride it out or find a drain line or go purchase a siphon hose. crap!

xgringo
06-05-2020, 01:12 PM
Been there done that. In my case I wanted to ride out the gas but the old tire had damage so I risked laying it down. The guy that does my tires tells me just leave it and he will call me in a couple of days. In the meantime the gas started oozing out and stinking up my neighborhood. I covered the bike with a couple of layers of plastic holding it down with bricks which helped a lot. I shortly after got a used rear F6B wheel on ebay.

jmdaniel
06-05-2020, 02:30 PM
Do not lay the bike over on it's side to change out the rear time with a full tank of fuel. I know that is common knowledge but I let it slip and made a puddle, very dangerous. Got it back up and now have to ride it out or find a drain line or go purchase a siphon hose. crap!

This "lay the bike over" thing... what is that?

https://i.imgur.com/8JU3Qtgb.jpg

;)

2wheelsforme
06-05-2020, 06:43 PM
Took 3 gal out and the job is done. New rubber for tomorrows ride.

FarsideF6B
06-05-2020, 07:12 PM
Nice Mike. I wish I could of been there to watch you get'er done! I just had the front tire replaced but took it to Turn One over this way.
Maybe see you out and about.:cool:

2wheelsforme
06-05-2020, 09:21 PM
Give a holler and lets ride to lunch or something. Here is the bike resting easy after getting some of the fuel removed. New pads on the front Wednesday and new rubber on the back today. Fresh oil next week before I head out for coal country. 7496

2wheelsforme
06-05-2020, 09:23 PM
How do I turn that back 90 deg. the way I have it on my computer?

F6Bster
06-06-2020, 09:04 AM
.... Fresh oil next week before I head out for coal country.

Are you heading up to WV? I grew up in southern WV (Lincoln County) and still have family and friends back there. I love to ride in WV, especially in the fall. Have a safe trip!!!

2wheelsforme
06-06-2020, 12:59 PM
Are you heading up to WV? I grew up in southern WV (Lincoln County) and still have family and friends back there. I love to ride in WV, especially in the fall. Have a safe trip!!!

Yes will be in Tazwell the 2nd night and will ride the Back Of The Dragon twice. Then a visit to the River Gorge by Fayetteville and on thru both Monorigahela (spl) and George Washington Forest.

F6Bster
06-06-2020, 03:08 PM
Yes will be in Tazwell the 2nd night and will ride the Back Of The Dragon twice. Then a visit to the River Gorge by Fayetteville and on thru both Monorigahela (spl) and George Washington Forest.

Enjoy! Wish I were going to be there also,

rdbonds
06-06-2020, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the heads-up, 2wheelsforme. I had never given it a moment's thought, and I've had mine over on its side a bunch of times for tire changes. For a while there, I seemed to be picking up nails about every 1k miles. I must have gotten lucky.

FarsideF6B
06-07-2020, 06:45 PM
Give a holler and lets ride to lunch or something. Here is the bike resting easy after getting some of the fuel removed. New pads on the front Wednesday and new rubber on the back today. Fresh oil next week before I head out for coal country. 7496

Don't be surprised when I reach out for a ride in to Pensacola and grab lunch sometimes. :rolleyes:
Question; how long did it take you to change your rear tire and were you putting on a different rim as well?
Enjoy your up coming trip. :cool:

Frye
07-16-2020, 08:46 AM

I think you just kept me from stepping in... Well you get the picture. Thanks!

Big Rick
07-25-2020, 04:27 PM
I had mine on its side today for four hours, took the tire shop that long to put the new car tire on....I had 3 quarters of a tank of fuel...left a small puddle of gas but not bad, and it smoked out the right pipe for a minute, but she's all good to ride next week to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.757875797580