PDA

View Full Version : New Owner, Long-Time Forum Lurker

Anahn E. Moo
06-05-2020, 06:12 PM
Good evening, F6B peeps!

Well, I finally pulled the trigger on a 2015 Matte Silver Deluxe with
15,000 miles. It is being delivered tomorrow afternoon, and rarely
have I ever been this excited! I'm coming from a 2009 Suzuki M109R.
I sold that a few years ago, and have since been motorless, mostly
due to the fact that I ride a motorcycle for a living (barney.fife), and most of
my enjoyment from riding came from going on trips with my lovely
bride. I lowered the 109 two inches in the rear, which made for a
rather uncomfortable ride for her, so she didn't join me much anymore.
After a couple years of hardly ever riding, I sold the 109. I'm excited
now to own a bike that is a comfortable ride for a passenger, yet
still maintains a sporty look!

Just from photos sent by the dealer, the previous owner installed
an AngryStad (I understand the actual term isn't allowed on here
for some reason, though I'm not sure why) windshield, Torq Loopz,
an unknown brand of highway pegs, an unknown brand heated seat,
and the foglights appear to be aftermarket, but I won't know until
tomorrow. Additionally, the turn signals have smoke lenses, though
I won't know until tomorrow if the lights were upgraded to LEDs.

ANYWAY, introductions aside, I have a couple questions:

1) Rivco Aero pegs: do they come with pegs now that enable
deployment while riding? Or is that something you guys are
doing yourselves after purchase?

2) Is/was there a guy named Simon on this forum, by any chance?
That was the original owner in Chicago. Would love to get up with
him to get a list of aftermarket accessories he installed.

3) Is Dr. Beasleys my best bet for keeping this matte finish clean?
Do any of you matte owners have any other tips for washing?

Looking forward to gleaning some knowledge from this forum!
Thanks for reading!

Az Wingrider
06-05-2020, 07:48 PM
Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy your new ride. I can't answer your first two questions but for cleaning my bike I use mostly plain warm water and Spray Away Glass Cleaner. Spray Away has no amonia so it is safe for the matte finish, acrylic windscreens and helmet visors.

Have fun
Az Wingrider

F6Pilot
06-05-2020, 07:50 PM
Welcome! Now you get to regularly experience first hand what all of the fuss is about.

The Rivco pegs for the 2018 have a post on the bottom, making it easier to flip out with your boot. I don’t see that they have this feature on previous models.

Jhox
06-06-2020, 08:43 AM
Welcome! Now you get to regularly experience first hand what all of the fuss is about.

The Rivco pegs for the 2018 have a post on the bottom, making it easier to flip out with your boot. I don’t see that they have this feature on previous models.

They DO have the boot peg for the F6B RIVCO's. I just installed a new pair a couple weeks ago. Bought on Amazon.

F6Bster
06-06-2020, 09:00 AM
I love my F6B!!! Hope you really enjoy yours!

Anahn E. Moo
06-06-2020, 10:13 AM
They DO have the boot peg for the F6B RIVCO's. I just installed a new pair a couple weeks ago. Bought on Amazon.

Good to know! Thanks!

F6Pilot
06-06-2020, 10:24 AM

That is great. None of their pics showed the post but it makes sense that it would now be on all. I will drill mine one day and fit a roll pin or post.

f6bcarider
06-06-2020, 03:46 PM
Welcome to the F6B forum.. congratulations on your bike . just ride and enjoy

rdbonds
06-06-2020, 05:09 PM
Welcome, KevinT! Congrats on the new (to you) bike.

SeaSteve
06-08-2020, 09:43 AM
I can't answer your first two questions but for cleaning my bike I use mostly plain warm water and Spray Away Glass Cleaner. Spray Away has no amonia so it is safe for the matte finish, acrylic windscreens and helmet visors.

I second the use of Spray Away Glass Cleaner! It's a foam so it's great at dissolving the bugs.

adventurous1
06-15-2020, 12:13 AM
Welcome !!

wjduke
06-15-2020, 08:30 AM
Congrats on the bike. I to came from an M109. Loved the bike, but got hit and it was totaled. I’m on my second B because of another hit. I’m a bit unlucky, but still trying to get killed on a motorcycle. That was a bad joke. Anyway, I can say that early Rivco Aero pegs did NOT come with the foot nub, but that was a while ago. I have to assume that since you have a 15, you should be ok. My first one was a 15 also and they had the nub. As far as cleaning, I use windex and nothing else. I’m not a clean freak, I ride. I get the bugs off and that’s it. Good luck, hope you enjoy the bike. It’s a fun ride.

Ewreck
06-15-2020, 09:23 AM
Enjoy the bike. Any soap without wax is fine. I use Ducky’s for most wipe downs.

Radical Taz
06-21-2020, 08:25 PM
Welcome from NJ

Frye
06-22-2020, 10:33 PM
Welcome and thanks for what you do. I've got a 2016 Matte Silver I bought new two years ago and Rivco highway pets I bought used this year.
I tried several products on the matte finish. Finally settled on a product called "Bug Slide" which works great on every part of the bike except the tires of course. Windshield, paint, my Bushtec trailer, my SS kitchen appliances, my helmet including the shield. I'll probably never buy another motorcycle cleaning product again.
Concerning the pegs, the early ones had a reputation for breaking the valve covers if the bike fell over. The newer ones have a cut near the hinge which is supposed to cause the peg to break before the valve cover does. I waited on a pair of those. I can ride home with a broken peg, not so a broken valve cover. Mine have little, roughly 1" nubs on the underside to hook your boot on but they didn't work well. I put a 2.5" long piece of black fuel line on each of the pegs and it makes them much easier to deploy while riding.
Wish I had "torque loops" on mine, I will eventually but it's not in the cards this year.
I suspect you'll love the bike!! Enjoy!
Mike

Almost forgot. https://www.bugslide.com/

Anahn E. Moo
06-26-2020, 07:24 AM
Welcome and thanks for what you do. I've got a 2016 Matte Silver I bought new two years ago and Rivco highway pets I bought used this year.
I tried several products on the matte finish. Finally settled on a product called "Bug Slide" which works great on every part of the bike except the tires of course. Windshield, paint, my Bushtec trailer, my SS kitchen appliances, my helmet including the shield. I'll probably never buy another motorcycle cleaning product again.
Concerning the pegs, the early ones had a reputation for breaking the valve covers if the bike fell over. The newer ones have a cut near the hinge which is supposed to cause the peg to break before the valve cover does. I waited on a pair of those. I can ride home with a broken peg, not so a broken valve cover. Mine have little, roughly 1" nubs on the underside to hook your boot on but they didn't work well. I put a 2.5" long piece of black fuel line on each of the pegs and it makes them much easier to deploy while riding.
Wish I had "torque loops" on mine, I will eventually but it's not in the cards this year.
I suspect you'll love the bike!! Enjoy!
Mike

Almost forgot. https://www.bugslide.com/

Thanks a bunch!