PDA

View Full Version : Coming back soon

Fla_rider
06-13-2020, 09:12 AM
Hi all! Getting the itch for a new GW. Like the black but I also want the touring this time round. Funny they said F6b model wouldn’t last! Name didn’t, but style did!

John Bettua

rdbonds
06-13-2020, 03:18 PM
Cool! Be sure to share pictures when you pull the trigger. :)

adventurous1
06-15-2020, 12:09 AM
Hi all! Getting the itch for a new GW. Like the black but I also want the touring this time round. Funny they said F6b model wouldn’t last! Name didn’t, but style did!

John Bettua

Sounds good. Just hitting 50K miles on the B. When I hit around 100K, I'll probably go with the GW.

thunder217
06-15-2020, 08:19 PM
That may be my thought also adventurous1, but I love my B its going to be a hard switch. My 2013 has just about 50K now also.

adventurous1
06-21-2020, 12:00 PM
That may be my thought also adventurous1, but I love my B its going to be a hard switch. My 2013 has just about 50K now also.

Yup, the absolute best bike I've ever owned - or ridden. May take the unemployment $$$ and do another 3 wk trip. You traveling anywhere this summer?

thunder217
06-28-2020, 08:33 PM
This summer is a bust, it will be no doubt new summer before I make any plans for any long distance riding. If where you look the virus is spiking and making any kind of travel difficult. I will remain local for now. We all need that wind therapy from time to time.

ReserveBum
06-29-2020, 09:48 AM

Agree with you guys, my B has 63k and I am thinking of possibly upgrading in the next couple years. It has been the best bike I have owned. In CO now after 9 days in the Black Hills. Starting home today to be there by the 4th. As far as travelling....we really have had no issues this trip. Stayed mostly AirBNB's, or with family but a couple nights in local hotels. Stayed in Buffalo, Benton Harbor MI, Iowa, Spearfish, and now Denver. We have done the social distancing and pretty much stay to ourselves. Seems to be a little "less strict" towards the middle of the country - less masks, more open dining in places. Hotels are open but close to empty. One of the results from this virus is the tourists are not travelling as a whole so the traffic is much reduced. Great riding and no crowds.

Fla_rider
07-01-2020, 03:43 PM

There she is...

Brasco
07-01-2020, 04:14 PM
Very nice . . . did you go with the DCT? Would be interested to hear your thoughts on main riding differences between the '14 B and your new ride. Congrats!

Fla_rider
07-03-2020, 09:41 PM
Yes I did go with the dct, I find I prefer the riding style in sport. I am getting use to the smooth ride in Tour mode. I miss the clutch mostly when wanting to guide into a corner or to a stop or even a uturn. Overall it is quite a smooth experience.

Brasco
07-03-2020, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the response. As you rack up more miles on the bike, would be great to hear more about your impressions of DCT as it becomes more familiar to you. I continue to ponder this as a future option but still sitting firmly on the fence versus the manual. Enjoy the new ride!

wjduke
07-04-2020, 06:32 AM
Love it, good luck! I’ve seen more on the new wings since I’ve been glued to you tube, than I did looking for my first B. I really like your color scheme. A lot say not to get the 2020, but Honda made improvements and you made a good choice. I haven’t heard anything bad about the DCT either. They say it shifts right when you expect it. I’m looking forward to your thoughts as you pile on the miles.

JackB
07-04-2020, 07:53 AM
Why should you not buy a 2020?

rdbonds
07-04-2020, 10:39 AM

There she is...

Congrats, John. She's a beauty.

wjduke
07-04-2020, 03:37 PM
Why should you not buy a 2020?

On you tube, a bunch say that because they say the changes Honda did aren’t worth the price tag, that you can buy an 18 or 19 a lot cheaper for the same bike. Then, in the next sentence, they say they upgraded the suspension, put a USB port in the saddlebag, updated the GPS, Made the grab handles better, plus added colors. The GPS in the 18 and 19 got trashed by everyone. To me, it sounded worth it for the new one.

Fla_rider
07-09-2020, 09:18 PM
It maybe just me, but cars I can buy seconds no problem. Now bikes are different they are more part of us. I have to have a new/fresh smelling one.:cool:

Mudflap
07-10-2020, 06:03 PM
It maybe just me, but cars I can buy seconds no problem. Now bikes are different they are more part of us. I have to have a new/fresh smelling one.:cool:

I am looking at the very same bike in that color. Its a great looking, not a big color red fan but like the red accents, Sort of sets it off. Did you get it in Wesley Chapel?