PDA

View Full Version : Getting booted

wjduke
06-26-2020, 07:18 AM
Nothing important, but does anyone else log in, go to a post, then realize you got booted and have to log in again? After the first time, it’s fine. Just an aggravation.

JackB
06-26-2020, 07:32 AM
No hasn't happened to me

Cali261
06-26-2020, 08:24 AM
When I first joined, my computer did not save the login info and I had to re enter my info. It was a settings issue, not a getting booted issue. You likely won’t get “booted” until admin sees those pictures of you in Las Vegas!

wjduke
06-26-2020, 09:27 AM
Very true, but I would expect that! It happened again on this sign in. I always say remember me, but it never does. I can live with it.

F6Bster
06-26-2020, 09:54 AM
If your computer/phone settings are such that cookies are deleted when you exit this will happen. The login info is stored in a cookie, so even if you click to stay logged in, that can’t happen if the cookie is deleted.

Very true, but I would expect that! It happened again on this sign in. I always say remember me, but it never does. I can live with it.

wjduke
06-26-2020, 02:05 PM
It’s mostly when I sign in, look at a post, might want to say something, and find that I’m logged out.

RickW
06-27-2020, 04:42 AM
We have not had this from anyone else on here.

wjduke
06-27-2020, 07:20 AM
It hasn’t happened the last three times here. Seems like it’s all on my end. It’s never been a major issue, just wondered if anyone else encountered it.

valkmc
06-30-2020, 05:26 PM
Nothing important, but does anyone else log in, go to a post, then realize you got booted and have to log in again? After the first time, it’s fine. Just an aggravation.

It's a settings problem or was for me. I use to have to sign in every time until I was complaining when one of my sons (technology nerd) was over. He went into the security settings and now I do not have to sign in.

Skromfols
07-25-2020, 11:34 AM
It just happened to me today. It seems that if I don't log in for a couple of weeks it removes me and I have to log back in. Thankfully I wrote down my pass word because these days everybody wants something different in their required pass word, so you can't come up with a common pass word to use for everything and have to remember which pass word goes with which internet sight. What a pain in the a$$

F6Bster
07-25-2020, 01:56 PM
I’m guessing something was updated yesterday or overnight. I had to log in this morning also. Haven’t done that for a VERY LING TIME. Had not deleted my cookies, although I guess it could have expired. All back to normal now. No biggie.

It just happened to me today. It seems that if I don't log in for a couple of weeks it removes me and I have to log back in. Thankfully I wrote down my pass word because these days everybody wants something different in their required pass word, so you can't come up with a common pass word to use for everything and have to remember which pass word goes with which internet sight. What a pain in the a$$

jmdaniel
07-25-2020, 02:01 PM

Use a password manager. Then all you have to do is remember your master password. Plus, you can use it to generate complex passwords that won't be cracked. I used to use LastPass, until they wanted $30/year, now I use BitWarden. Both have free versions, but I like to provide $upport for the code monkeys.

F6Bster
07-25-2020, 04:55 PM
I have used a PW manager for years. So important to have complex passwords.

billsim
07-26-2020, 04:56 PM
Happened to me when I first joined. Found that if I used the log in box located at the top right hand corner of the screen I would have to do it twice.
If I used the log in box located at the middle right side of the screen it worked first time.
Have not tried the old way for a few years.
Using Google Chrome browser.

RickW
07-26-2020, 05:02 PM
I’m guessing something was updated yesterday or overnight. I had to log in this morning also. Haven’t done that for a VERY LING TIME. Had not deleted my cookies, although I guess it could have expired. All back to normal now. No biggie.

Nothing has been updated on this site. I assume its your browser or you got a computer update of some kind. This site is also not set up for passwords to expire at all.

SeaSteve
07-27-2020, 10:24 AM
Agree with a Password Manager App. I would also try using a few different browsers.

F6Bster
07-27-2020, 11:43 AM
I think my Windows updated on the laptop. Thus the reason.

All is good!

Nothing has been updated on this site. I assume its your browser or you got a computer update of some kind. This site is also not set up for passwords to expire at all.