PDA

View Full Version : americade cancelled

riverrat958
07-06-2020, 09:49 PM
americade in lake george ny officially cancelled- I live in the area and it was on all local news outlets

wjduke
07-07-2020, 07:18 AM
Still a good bucket list area. I have friends headed there in a couple weeks.

ReserveBum
07-07-2020, 07:50 AM
Great area for riding. Keeping my reservation. I went during the first dates in early June and the riding was great with no traffic. Places are open for eats.

naga viper
07-07-2020, 11:21 AM
Fyi. I did get a email at work that there will be travel bans ineffect with fines imposed
In Ny and many other states.

wjduke
07-07-2020, 05:08 PM
Fyi. I did get a email at work that there will be travel bans ineffect with fines imposed
In Ny and many other states.

In what way? So far, I haven’t heard of any. I have a trip planned for the Smokies in a week and a half. I’m on the internet each day and so far Skyline Drive and the BRP are still open. Some amenities are closed. I’m 5 hours from Americade and haven’t heard of any restrictions.

naga viper
07-08-2020, 03:35 PM
The email was in house so I will try to track down origin

seventwenty
07-08-2020, 09:26 PM
In what way? So far, I haven’t heard of any. I have a trip planned for the Smokies in a week and a half. I’m on the internet each day and so far Skyline Drive and the BRP are still open. Some amenities are closed. I’m 5 hours from Americade and haven’t heard of any restrictions.

States have announced that residents of certain other states must quarantine for 14 days upon entering their state. Example: I’m from Iowa, if I were to travel just about anywhere in the NE, I’m required to quarantine myself if I enter just about any of them.

wjduke
07-09-2020, 06:59 AM
States have announced that residents of certain other states must quarantine for 14 days upon entering their state. Example: I’m from Iowa, if I were to travel just about anywhere in the NE, I’m required to quarantine myself if I enter just about any of them.

I know we have signs here on the highways. It’s more on the honor system. I don’t see any stops by state police, although I can’t honestly say it isn’t happening. I’m worried about southern states regressing since they opened early. Have to keep watching day to day. Summer in NE is just about canceled. Don’t bother visiting.