PDA

View Full Version : HWY 40 California to Tennessee

Cali261
07-08-2020, 08:50 AM
Has anyone here traveled Hwy 40 recently? My son will be leaving this weekend (July 11th) to Knoxville for work reasons. Any advice/ info as far as conditions or closures would be appreciated. We will check with the usual state sites, but i would like to know someone has had recent experience with rest stops, hotels, gas stations...

Ride safe,

Sorcerer
07-08-2020, 02:15 PM
Are you referring to Interstate 40. If so it is a main east west interstate through the US. IE trucking route. I rode I 40 from Russellville AR through Nashville Tennessee in route to Cincinnati a few years ago. Lots of big rigs. I was beat to death from the turbulence from the trucks. If he’s in a 4 wheeler with this heat he should do ok.

Cali261
07-08-2020, 02:20 PM
I was mainly wondering about the rest stops, hotels and restaurants impacted by COVID closures.

Thanks for the reply.

SeaSteve
07-09-2020, 08:21 AM
I'm not in North Texas but don't see any problems in the state as a whole. Masks are required in ALL public spaces unless pumping gas.

valkmc
07-18-2020, 01:49 PM
Has anyone here traveled Hwy 40 recently? My son will be leaving this weekend (July 11th) to Knoxville for work reasons. Any advice/ info as far as conditions or closures would be appreciated. We will check with the usual state sites, but i would like to know someone has had recent experience with rest stops, hotels, gas stations...

Ride safe,

Just came back to Florida from TN. I found all the gas stations open and most restaurants. In cities like Gatlinburg masks were required in most establishments. It was busy and everyone was out shopping, dining, etc.