PDA

View Full Version : How would you attach my cool 'tank bag'?

Macs_F6B
07-20-2020, 01:42 PM
Hello,

I want to use a fanny bag as my tank bag! So anyone got an idea how i might attach it? I only need to just hold it on each side, not real strong, not much wind there.... I called 3M and there command strips are not to be used on paint.. (those easy remove clips for hanging pics on the walls) so not sure...

I don't' know how to take apart all that plastic to add something like a strap. I was thinking about some thing to stick to 'tank' and have it clip/attach to the sides of the bag.

Oh well....

Please let me know what you are thinking.

-Mac

Sorcerer
07-20-2020, 01:53 PM
Kiss your paint goodbye. Unless you cover the areas that it touches with a clear plastic paint guard you will be very unhappy. The new type of paint will not tolerate any thing laying on it. I think Motion Pro has a peal and stick product.

2wheelsforme
07-20-2020, 02:04 PM
Your going to cover up your fuel door? What the heck is going on at the center cubby?

Macs_F6B
07-20-2020, 02:11 PM
oh yea... I've got a whiteboard on my cubby :) I use it a lot.....

cover up fuel door, yep, that's why i need a minimal way to install so just easily lift it off.... I think it will be great... I'm gonna mount my phone on the TB as well.... I like it there as opposed to handlebars vibration and all... just my opinion...

six2go
07-20-2020, 02:33 PM
How about sewing some elastic about 2" wide to the back of it. Open the fuel door, place loop over the door and close it.

Fla_rider
07-20-2020, 03:02 PM
Why not just wear it!:banana: This way the tank area stays clean and no scratches on the paint.

2wheelsforme
07-20-2020, 03:07 PM
Because "cool fanny pack" is an oxymoron!

Macs_F6B
07-20-2020, 03:29 PM
Kiss your paint goodbye. Unless you cover the areas that it touches with a clear plastic paint guard you will be very unhappy. The new type of paint will not tolerate any thing laying on it. I think Motion Pro has a peal and stick product.

Thanks man.. thats what i need.. I thought about that... I'll look for some protection to put on tank.... maybe i can do that and then something like six2go said..... I have an extra fuel cap in case i mess this one up....

Macs_F6B
07-20-2020, 03:31 PM
Because "cool fanny pack" is an oxymoron!

yea that true i reckon... but things are a changn... now they call them like belt bags or something.... I got this one for cheap and should work if i can figure it out, yea i can be a bit geeky...

SeaSteve
07-21-2020, 09:21 AM
Here's another suggestion.

I got the Hopnel HD90-101BKC from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Hopnel-HD90-010BKC-Black-Classic-Pouch/dp/B00TV6SI9Y/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Hopnel+HD90-010BKC&qid=1595341338&s=automotive&sr=1-1). I removed the stitching on the plastic EZ-Mount clip from the "back" piece and bolted it to the lower right side shelter. You can get EZ-Mount Belt Holder so you can hang all the various bags that Big Bike Parts.

Macs_F6B
07-21-2020, 05:08 PM
Here's another suggestion.

I got the Hopnel HD90-101BKC from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Hopnel-HD90-010BKC-Black-Classic-Pouch/dp/B00TV6SI9Y/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Hopnel+HD90-010BKC&qid=1595341338&s=automotive&sr=1-1). I removed the stitching on the plastic EZ-Mount clip from the "back" piece and bolted it to the lower right side shelter. You can get EZ-Mount Belt Holder so you can hang all the various bags that Big Bike Parts.

Thanks for the post...

Question:
When you attached to the right side did you have to remove the cover or just screwed it in? I'm not sure how to mess with those side panels, which seems like Honda could have made them better for us to customize... I might be able to use something like that... maybe on both sides of sorts...

SeaSteve
07-22-2020, 08:31 AM
It's easy to remove. My suggestion is to search YouTube for or "F6B Coolant Change" or "F6B Air Filter Change." You'll get MORE information than you need now but, for future reference, it's also good to see how the entire shelter comes off.

Basically you remove the entire outer plastic strip by pulling on the bottom side of the plate under the panel with the glove compartment lock. The "plate" where the Hopnel EZ-Clip will be mounted.

Pull out and up all the way up the strip being careful of the tab at the top of the strip.

I marked my holes, drilled, and mounted. Be conscious of the space behind the panel for the bolts. I used flat head screws and did a little counter sink on the back side of the holes so the heads where flush as possible and the threads stick outside with the nuts on the outside.

Macs_F6B
07-24-2020, 01:19 PM
It's easy to remove. My suggestion is to search YouTube for or "F6B Coolant Change" or "F6B Air Filter Change." You'll get MORE information than you need now but, for future reference, it's also good to see how the entire shelter comes off.

Basically you remove the entire outer plastic strip by pulling on the bottom side of the plate under the panel with the glove compartment lock. The "plate" where the Hopnel EZ-Clip will be mounted.

Pull out and up all the way up the strip being careful of the tab at the top of the strip.

I marked my holes, drilled, and mounted. Be conscious of the space behind the panel for the bolts. I used flat head screws and did a little counter sink on the back side of the holes so the heads where flush as possible and the threads stick outside with the nuts on the outside.

Hey thanks again... if i can get into that side it woudl be nice.... I've seen an air filter change but did nto pay attention to the right side.... i'll have to look again...
-ride safe

ridinglearn
03-18-2022, 08:31 AM
Hello,

I want to use a fanny bag as my tank bag! So anyone got an idea how i might attach it? I only need to just hold it on each side, not real strong, not much wind there.... I called 3M and there command strips are not to be used on paint.. (those easy remove clips for hanging pics on the walls) so not sure...

I don't' know how to take apart all that plastic to add something like a strap. I was thinking about some thing to stick to 'tank' and have it clip/attach to the sides of the bag.

Oh well....

Please let me know what you are thinking.

-Mac

What about the magnetic one instead of mounted straps. I have been using this one https://www.vikingbags.com/vikingbags-axe-medium-black-magnetic-motorcycle-tank-bag and it's pretty stick while riding on high speed.I'm using it from six month without damaging the tank paint.

woody
03-19-2022, 03:35 PM
A magnet won't work on plastic.