PDA

View Full Version : fuse problem ??

Big Rick
08-03-2020, 01:08 PM
I rode my 2013 F6B up to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan over the weekend , last week I put on a new car tire but like an idiot I left the OEM valve stem in instead of changing to a metal one. So of course on the trip up my tire was low, I plug my little air pump into the cigarette plug and popped the fuse, rode the rest of the way to Michigan and fixed the fuse and had a tire shop put another valve stem in.
My problem now is, that the radio doesn't work or even show on the dash, plus every time I turn the key off, I have to reset the clock....I pulled multiple fuses trying to find the bad cigarette lighter fuse, and think I got them all back into their original spot, but can't swear on that....
Any ideas on what I might have done wrong? Someone mentioned pulling the battery cable loose to reset stuff that way but I don't know ?

zeus661
08-03-2020, 04:54 PM
Had that happen with my Valkyrie about 10 years ago. Has a bad stem and when I used my pump to inflate the tire it blew the accessory fuse. Now my pump connect straight to the battery with alligator clips. As for your fuse problem I couldn't guess without looking it over myself.

SeaSteve
08-03-2020, 05:03 PM
First, let me recommend the VICTOR Bell Automotive Bellaire 500 - TIRE INFLATOR from Amazon. It's not fast but it doesn't blow the 5AMP AUX fuse I have my 12VDC outlet connected to.

Second, I would make sure all the fuses are completely seated on the fuse block. I'd say a fuse isn't seated correctly OR it's now open/blown. You could lift the Pos and Neg cable to the battery, check each fuse, then reconnect the battery cables.

Big Rick
08-03-2020, 05:06 PM
Thanks guys, I will check it out and let you know what I find

Big Rick
08-16-2020, 10:55 AM
well I found the problem with the bike, I had moved one fuse to the wrong spot after I checked it.....all is good now

Audiochris90
08-20-2020, 04:58 AM
After reading this thread I was thinking this could happen to me as I have an older pump. So I picked up one of these pumps that don’t require power from the bike. It holds a charge for 6 months and is a backup usb device charger. Works good. https://www.amazon.com/Compressor-Inflator-Portable-Rechargeable-Motorcycle/dp/B082NLKLMJ

Big Rick
08-25-2020, 05:54 PM
that looks like a nice little unit to have

billsim
08-25-2020, 08:14 PM
Just ordered after reading all the positive reviews. Going to add this to a plug kit and keep on the bike.
Thanks for the link!

SeaSteve
08-26-2020, 09:39 AM
Someone needs to combine this type of pump with a battery jump starter AND design it right in to a (car) cubby hole with a charging connection off the cars 12VDC.

On the bike...My Weego Jump starter and the Victor Tire Pump take up as much room as the Battery Air Compressor would.