PDA

View Full Version : no balance needed

2wheelsforme
08-06-2020, 02:33 PM
Just got a front tire mounted on a rim that did not have a tire on it so easy job. They only charged me 25 bucks which is cheap, I thought because of not having to remove the old tire and dispose of it. When I got home noticed the new tire did not have any balance weights installed on it at all. Ah Ha! that is why so cheap they did not balance. I set up to blance it myself and low and behold it was perfect as is. I know it happens some times but guess if you went ahead and put in beads or goo it would have been wasted. It was a Bridgestone.

F6Bster
08-06-2020, 03:04 PM
My Bridgestones which I had put on last month required no weights also. And, smooth as silk. The Dunlop E4s that I took off had required really large weights to balance.

seventwenty
08-06-2020, 07:51 PM
My Bridgestones which I had put on last month required no weights also. And, smooth as silk. The Dunlop E4s that I took off had required really large weights to balance.

I think that is part of the “Honda wobble”. I never had it until I went with an e4. I’ll be going back to the Stone when I wear this one out just to find out.

FarsideF6B
08-06-2020, 08:52 PM
Just got a front tire mounted on a rim that did not have a tire on it so easy job. They only charged me 25 bucks which is cheap, I thought because of not having to remove the old tire and dispose of it. When I got home noticed the new tire did not have any balance weights installed on it at all. Ah Ha! that is why so cheap they did not balance. I set up to blance it myself and low and behold it was perfect as is. I know it happens some times but guess if you went ahead and put in beads or goo it would have been wasted. It was a Bridgestone.

Hey Michael, I had a new front Bridgestone installed by TurnOne over this way and it did require a weight. This was installed about 2-3 months ago. I'm riding BS on my Valkyrie as well and have been very satisfied w/ the ride and handling. $25 is a good price too. We need to catch up. :cool:

Switchmonkey
08-06-2020, 11:22 PM
I have E4s on mine now. Noisiest, lousy tires I’ve ever run on a bike. Back to BS for me.

Audiochris90
08-09-2020, 02:49 PM
Am I making a mistake by running a bridgestone in front and an e4 on the back? I picked up a big nail on stock rear stone and replaced it with a e4. Now its time at 12k to replace the front. I hit rain coming home from Atlanta visit to traxxion. It was super stable in the rain with this set up. I want the bridgestone as its a little more forgiving i think. Also running lower tire pressures now after suspension work. 37/39 psi now.

2wheelsforme
08-09-2020, 03:46 PM
I have heard one person claim that is the best combo to go with! Certainly do not see anything wrong with it.

F6Dave
08-09-2020, 05:27 PM
I'd been using Dyna Beads with good results but ran out. So I tried BBs as was suggested here. They work great, are easy to install, cost much less, and don't clog the valve core.