PDA

View Full Version : Cool tire pump

Audiochris90
08-20-2020, 05:01 AM
Hey I found this air pump. Works good and doesn’t need power from the bike. https://www.amazon.com/Compressor-Inflator-Portable-Rechargeable-Motorcycle/dp/B082NLKLMJ

Az Wingrider
08-20-2020, 07:59 AM
That seems to be something worth thinking about. If I read the specifications right it will take up less room than the 12 volt pump I currently carry. It also looks to have enough battery to inflate several tires.

thanks for the find
Az Wingrider

F6Dave
08-29-2020, 07:52 AM
That looks interesting. Lithium-ion batteries have revolutionized power tools. I rarely use any AC powered tools anymore. I'd be curious to see how well it handles filling a tire as large as the rear on our bikes, because 2000 mAh is much smaller than a typical smartphone battery.

jmdaniel
08-29-2020, 03:52 PM
Hey I found this air pump. Works good and doesn’t need power from the bike. https://www.amazon.com/Compressor-Inflator-Portable-Rechargeable-Motorcycle/dp/B082NLKLMJ

You've now hexed the No Frills Rally. Someone will get a flat... :rolleyes:

Audiochris90
08-29-2020, 05:30 PM
You've now hexed the No Frills Rally. Someone will get a flat... :rolleyes:
I just put a fresh stone on the front. Probably be me.

Az Wingrider
08-29-2020, 05:43 PM
I ordered one of these after your first post and after it arrived I tested it on a completely deflated car tire. I set the pump for 40 psi, attached it to valve on the tire, turned it on and watched it work. It inflated the tire in a few minutes then shut off. I checked the tire pressure with a digital gauge I normally use and the pressure was within one pound. For $40.00 I think it is a great bargain. I am leaving my 12 volt pump at home when I leave for Colorado. Thanks Chris for the heads up.

Az Wingrider

Audiochris90
08-29-2020, 06:11 PM
Glad you like it! Wait till you see my cyclechiller. Like A/C for the bike. And they are not 700 bucks anymore. Awesome piece of kit for the heat.

billsim
08-30-2020, 12:08 AM
Just bought mine. My question is how to strap it down in the saddlebag to keep it in one piece till I need it? Already use the hold down strap in the left bag to hold a tool kit and the owners manual.

WEGI
08-30-2020, 02:03 PM
I ordered the air pump. Thanks for the posting. Looks like a winner! The cooling vest s very interesting especially down here on swampy hot Treasure Coast. Temp and humidity can both be very close to each other so this type of cooling should work well. I have a vest with pockets for four ice packs that works too well. This circulating cold water that you can control seems like a better solution, other than the ice chest and pump assembly...but to stay comfortable and avoid heat stroke it’s a small inconvenience I would think... Gotta think about this one before ordering...cooler or backpack??? Hmmm....

Big Rick
02-18-2021, 04:53 PM
I just bought one almost the same, except the one I bought also is a battery jump starter, I have another portable air pump, but it plugs into the lighter, and it blows a fuse on every bike Ive plugged it into.....so I bought the other with the added jump pack

Cali261
02-21-2021, 08:49 PM

I bought one, and the on/off switch was defective. Once I turned it on, it never went off. It did a good job of inflating the tires, too bad I won’t be keeping it. I will have to get my $40 back from China.

SeaSteve
02-22-2021, 12:22 PM
I already have a compact battery jump starter so I don't need another device to charge.

Last year I found this on the one on the shelf in the hardware/automobile isle of my local grocery store: Victor Bell Automotive Bellaire 500 - TIRE INFLATOR (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018IW7V6C/?coliid=I2L1GI09GTTLZB&colid=1E742GXK9T919&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it) ($25 at Amazon.) The pump is VERY compact and uses very little current and doesn't blow the 5AMP aux fuse. It takes a while but it works. I added a 12V outlet in the left saddle bag connected to the AUX posts in the fuse panel. The 12VDC connection is long enough to easily reach the front tire.

Switchmonkey
02-22-2021, 10:51 PM
Wow, I just looked this up on Canadian Amazon... $128 goddamn Loonies! Odd that I can ship from Amazon US for $38 plus $15 for shipping. What a rip off... good to compare once in awhile.

SeaSteve
02-23-2021, 10:17 AM
Sorry to add salt in the wound. My grocery store has them on the shelf for less than $15. I bought several and gave one away to a Harley rider with a slow leak, so he could make it home.

The dimensions on Amazon are misleading because it's smaller. 2" thick and maybe 5" by 6".

zeus661
02-26-2021, 03:45 PM
I would be concerned that when you finally need it, it's not charged

maxrider
03-04-2021, 11:17 PM
I share the concern with Cali261, I purchased one on Amazon, had an issue with sporadic turning on, contacted the seller, who did send me a new one in less than 24 hrs, wow that was super fast.
I'm impressed, and he told me to keep the other unit.
Here is his reply:

Hello Max,
It's our pleasure to offer you a better purchase experience and please feel free to contact us if you have any other problems with the inflator.
We will be appreciate it if you can share to your friends. We have also headlamp and camping spotlight in our store, if any your friend are interested in those product in our store, we may offer a coupon to them, thanks.

Regards,
Craftersmark Customer Service

Great seller in my opinion.

Plug: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082NLKLMJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1