PDA

View Full Version : EC - SS

FlyinF
12-13-2013, 05:28 PM
Here's my story with Single shooter lights:
1. On initial purchase they sent me 2 right lights.
2. After first wash, moisture in the light. Had to wait nearly 3 weeks, with fixing moisture they had to address heat issue.
3. After less than 500 miles left light quick working. Took it apart and found lens broke loose and apparently damaged circuit board.

Three strikes and you're out!

Steve 0080
12-14-2013, 12:36 AM
A board Vendor.... Bike MP3 to the rescue!!!!

http://bikemp3.com/Lighting-Products_c15.htm

edgeman55
12-14-2013, 12:22 PM
If you want a lot of light,easy install and IMHO a quality product go with the 960's from the link Steve posted above.:yes:

MSGT-R
12-24-2013, 09:53 PM
I have the very first yellow set, and purchased a white set for my husband.

Zero issues with either set.. :shrug:

Texas TC
12-24-2013, 10:08 PM
I have the very first yellow set, and purchased a white set for my husband.

Zero issues with either set.. :shrug:

Early set myself. No issues with the lights but my switch went out. EC replaced under warranty without issue. Got the replacement in about three days. I like these lights very much.

DeltaCharlie
12-24-2013, 10:36 PM
Here's my story with Single shooter lights:
1. On initial purchase they sent me 2 right lights.
2. After first wash, moisture in the light. Had to wait nearly 3 weeks, with fixing moisture they had to address heat issue.
3. After less than 500 miles left light quick working. Took it apart and found lens broke loose and apparently damaged circuit board.

Three strikes and you're out!

I also have moisture behind both lenses, sub-standard manufacturing. :banghead:
Last week I ordered a set of OEM fog lights from my dealership.

Hornblower
12-25-2013, 08:34 AM
May I add just this comment to this thread...regardless of the vendor, whether EC or BikeMP3 or whoever, most of these products are coming from Asia. There will be occasional defective products coming from any vendor. To me, what makes the difference is how the particular vendor handles the problem in case you receive a defective product. For example, my first set of 960's developed a moisture problem and Pete took care of me in a most courteous and professional way. The second set has been perfect. So, my point is that everyone makes mistakes but it's how they handle it that sets vendors apart. :shake2:

FlyinF
12-25-2013, 11:26 AM
You are right it depends on how the vendor deals with it.
When they sent me 2 right lights I was told if I wanted it dealt with in a timely manner I would have to buy a second set and then they would refund me when they received the first set, so for nearly 2 weeks I had 500 bucks locked up in this mistake.
When I called about moisture in the light they told me by the way there is a heat problem with the first batch of lights that went out and they would have to be reworked but not to worry there was usually a 1 or 2 day turn around. After a week I called to check status and they said it would be a couple weeks because someone was on vacation...........funny they didn't tell me this when I called.
You are right the parts are made in China, that's how I found a replacement unit for the light that quit working it screwed right on the lens cover, matched perfectly to the other side...............but it only cost 40 bucks for 2 compared to the 250 bucks for the set.