PDA

View Full Version : How Best to Keep Mice Off my F6B!

DocF6B
01-13-2021, 06:49 PM
Hi folks, I'm very excited to get my F6B back after converting it to a Motor Trike. During the process, they discovered a mouse had nested and ate away at several wires. How best can I keep them out? Its garage kept. I see sprays, drier sheets, mouse traps, mothballs. Any sure-fire methods?

Thanks!

willtill
01-14-2021, 05:31 AM
Where you you park your bike?

I have my motorcycles parked in Amish sheds. I have a electronic pest control emitter installed in each one of my sheds. Like these for an example:

https://www.amazon.com/ultrasonic-pest-repeller/s?k=ultrasonic+pest+repeller

For long term storage (meaning a couple of weeks periodically during the winter) I stick rags in the exhaust pipes. I also bait mouse traps with peanut butter and put them next two each wheel of the bike(s).

I do use Bounce dryer sheets sometimes, stuffed around the battery compartment of my DR650. I also screened my DR650's airbox opening with metal mesh. I haven't used bounce on my F6B though.

The next time I change out my F6B's air filter, I'm going to used steel mesh of the two air intakes that feed it. You don't want mice building a nest on top of that air filter. it's a bitch to get to (for us) in the first place...

Ghost Rider
01-14-2021, 07:34 AM
One of the best products I have found is the pouch of Grandpa Gus. In my area they can be purchased at Menards. I sure most home improvement stores would carry them. 10 pouch in a package $19.99. Place one under your bike, no mice.

DocF6B
01-14-2021, 08:00 PM
Thank you both, I may try Granpa Gus.

Ewreck
01-15-2021, 11:26 AM
Chain a cat to both rims. Problem solved.

willtill
01-15-2021, 11:46 AM
Chain a cat to both rims. Problem solved.

That won't work. The cats will fight with each other, ignoring the mice.

Elroy
01-15-2021, 03:59 PM
Where you you park your bike?

I have my motorcycles parked in Amish sheds. I have a electronic pest control emitter installed in each one of my sheds. Like these for an example:

https://www.amazon.com/ultrasonic-pest-repeller/s?k=ultrasonic+pest+repeller

For long term storage (meaning a couple of weeks periodically during the winter) I stick rags in the exhaust pipes. I also bait mouse traps with peanut butter and put them next two each wheel of the bike(s).

I do use Bounce dryer sheets sometimes, stuffed around the battery compartment of my DR650. I also screened my DR650's airbox opening with metal mesh. I haven't used bounce on my F6B though.

The next time I change out my F6B's air filter, I'm going to used steel mesh of the two air intakes that feed it. You don't want mice building a nest on top of that air filter. it's a bitch to get to (for us) in the first place...

Crap, I usually put rags in my pipes too and forgot when storing it this season. I've had the same issue as the OP before.

Ewreck
01-16-2021, 01:31 PM
That won't work. The cats will fight with each other, ignoring the mice.

Same reason why having two women is a PITA.

Ghost Rider
01-16-2021, 03:25 PM
I just went out today and checked my bikes and RV. I put a Grandpa Gus packet in my RV when I put it in storage in November. no sign of anything in the RV and bikes look the same.