PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Valkyrie and F6B

CBXBob
12-14-2013, 08:24 PM
Saw at NYC show. Mixed Emotions. Glad I have my 2013 F6B Red. New valk does not have the open engine visual impact of old. Prob a lot better performer. Only one Old Man's opinion, and you know what they say. Good to see lots of new activity from all MFG's
:icon_lol:

opas ride
12-14-2013, 08:57 PM
I had a 99 Valkyrie which was a great bike and very fast and smooth for its day..Traded it for a VTX, which was nice, but wished I would have kept the old Valk..Only have 600 miles on my F6B as the weather is terrible around here..Wondering out loud if the new Valkyrie will kill F6B sales down the road even though they are very different..I would venture to say the Valk will smoke the F6B as it is 100lbs lighter and has less wind resistance from the looks of it...I quess bags, backrest, windshields,etc. are coming next spring as accessories..Like the looks of the Valk, but the F6B is more my kind of bike these days and after spending lots of bucks to add custom paint, aftermarket shield, Cobra pipes, grips , K&N filter, chrome covers on some areas and kick-stand, I will be keeping it for a long time to come...Really love the thing so far and can't wait until spring to arrive.......

FlaMike
12-15-2013, 06:22 AM
Owned 2 Valk tourers (98 & 99) over the years. I really liked my Valks.

Back in 2004/05 All the Valk (VOA & VRCC) forum guys were hoping this new bike based in the GL1800 platform was gonna show up after the Rune. But Honda just kinda baled on the Valkyrie in favor of the VTX.

I'm sure this new version will be a real performer, twisty roads or straight line, and will walk away from anything else in it's size. Valk riders used to have a lot of fun with Harleys.

I heard about & saw the pics of the new Valk but it didn't impress me enuf to stop me from getting an F6B.
The only disappointing thing is that the new Valk is (I think) available with ABS but F6B (US version) isn't ?

I hope it does well for Honda and maybe it looks better in person but I wouldn't trade for it!

F6B-RICH
12-15-2013, 08:54 AM
I am going to the NYC show today so I will check them out :icon_biggrin:

Phantom
12-15-2013, 09:03 AM
Owned 2 Valk tourers (98 & 99) over the years. I really liked my Valks.

Back in 2004/05 All the Valk (VOA & VRCC) forum guys were hoping this new bike based in the GL1800 platform was gonna show up after the Rune. But Honda just kinda baled on the Valkyrie in favor of the VTX.

I'm sure this new version will be a real performer, twisty roads or straight line, and will walk away from anything else in it's size. Valk riders used to have a lot of fun with Harleys.

I heard about & saw the pics of the new Valk but it didn't impress me enuf to stop me from getting an F6B.
The only disappointing thing is that the new Valk is (I think) available with ABS but F6B (US version) isn't ?

I hope it does well for Honda and maybe it looks better in person but I wouldn't trade for it!

:postpics:

ED209
12-15-2013, 10:14 AM
The new 2014 F6C Valk was actualy the bike I was going to purchase. I figured that Corbin would design some bags for it pretty quick and it would be a very cool bike to have. That's gonna be a sweet machine to see on the road, I cant wait to see one. I sure wanted that baby blue color. :icon_cool:

Love my 2013 F6B and all that weather protection that comes with it standard though. The only part of me that gets a little weathered is my face and neck. Legs and torso along with arms stay pretty protected. I made the right choice for me on the F6B. :icon_biggrin:

Westernbiker
12-16-2013, 10:16 AM
I still have my '97' Valk, it is a work horse for sure. I have it set up for touring and pull a Bushtech trailer with it when doing so. The only problem I have with it, is the six carbs. In high altitude the Valk gets weak and that is bothersome. I must say that since I have gotten the F6B the Valk does not get ridden much, I think a sale is in the future. And by the way, I do NOT like the looks of the new valk.:no:

xzvs
12-19-2013, 09:13 PM
as soon as we get the new valks in I'll race one with my 99 -- see what they are made of but I personally think they are pretty ugly and waaaaay prefer my F6B

XKnight
06-29-2014, 04:42 PM
I really like the looks of the new Valk, especially in black. Got to sit one one in the showroom before buying my F6. The Valk will be an absolute beast with the 90 pound weight savings over the F6. However, I want the wind protection that only a full fairing can provide and the Valk won't be able to compete in that area even with a windshield installed.

I still cant believe Honda isn't offering ABS and cruise control as options for the F6, but offers ABS on the Valk.

hoglaw
06-29-2014, 04:54 PM
as soon as we get the new valks in I'll race one with my 99 -- see what they are made of but I personally think they are pretty ugly and waaaaay prefer my F6B

You and me. The Valkyrie is butt ugly. It may turn out to be faster, but you can't do fast all the time. You can, however, be ugly all the time. My F6B gets better with every ride, and it looks good.

XKnight
06-29-2014, 05:10 PM
You and me. The Valkyrie is butt ugly. It may turn out to be faster, but you can't do fast all the time. You can, however, be ugly all the time. My F6B gets better with every ride, and it looks good.

Like they say, beauty is in the eye of the behold. Plenty of folks think the F6B is ugly too. They just don't usually hang around on the F6B forum.

powercruzer13
06-29-2014, 08:54 PM
I was immediately intrigued by the F6B when it first came out. Being a "classic" Valkyrie nut I was still a bit put off by the F6B's closeness to the GW but totally impressed by the 1832cc powerplant & the GW chassis.
Heard that Honda had secured the rights to the name "Goldwing F6C" & then I knew they had something else F6 powered up their sleeve. So I waited for it to come out before I could consider replacing our beloved Valkyries.
Then the "new" Valkyrie hit the showrooms.:yikes:
Decision was made, bought the F6B. :icon_mrgreen:

racer
06-30-2014, 08:59 PM
The new Valk will out run, out corner and out brake the old valk. :shhh:

XKnight
06-30-2014, 09:34 PM

And the F6B too. It's a freaking monster.

mtcgun
06-30-2014, 10:04 PM

True, but not near as cool as the old Valk.

Madmax
07-01-2014, 11:03 AM
I got a chance to swap bikes with my buddy who has a Valkyrie . Out side of being able to lean the valkyrie in turns with out dragging the pegs I like the F6B much better .
And my buddy likes the F6B better ... Funny thing he trade the F6B to get the valkyrie .
I'm woundering if I can put the Valkyrie wheels on the F6B , I'm a tall rider so would not affect me at all and give me a bit more lean with out dragging .

racer
07-01-2014, 01:58 PM
And the F6B too. It's a freaking monster.

YES!

carpdm
09-28-2016, 11:13 PM
I got a chance to swap bikes with my buddy who has a Valkyrie . Out side of being able to lean the valkyrie in turns with out dragging the pegs I like the F6B much better .
And my buddy likes the F6B better ... Funny thing he trade the F6B to get the valkyrie .
I'm woundering if I can put the Valkyrie wheels on the F6B , I'm a tall rider so would not affect me at all and give me a bit more lean with out dragging .

I would really like to hear from members who have ridden both the F6B and the Valkyrie. Likes and dislikes.
Thanks,
Tom

BadDawg
09-30-2016, 09:33 PM
I loved the old Valk. I wish they would have done an 1800 I would have one. But the new one does zero for me. I wish Honda well on everything they turn out. I know they don't build bikes just for me. But the 2 times I said WTF was the Rune and new Valk. Glad people love them but just not for me.

Davidk
10-01-2016, 07:00 PM
Funny how opinions differ. I like the new Valk. Almost bought it but I wanted the bags and faring.

I owned at 1500cc Valk a few years ago. Didn't really like it. The F6B and new Valk drive muuuuuuuuch better than my old Valk.

3Chief
10-01-2016, 11:01 PM
Looks a lot like the ctx1300...maybe it will grow on people. I hated the lines of the B when I first saw one. I still think my VTX1800F looks better :icon_wink:

Quartermain
09-09-2017, 05:06 PM
Saw at NYC show. Mixed Emotions. Glad I have my 2013 F6B Red. New valk does not have the open engine visual impact of old. Prob a lot better performer. Only one Old Man's opinion, and you know what they say. Good to see lots of new activity from all MFG's
:icon_lol:

Had a 2014 valkyrie & traded for a leftover 2013 red f6b. Needed luggage space for my copilot. My thought after 4k miles on each. The Valkyrie feels more powerful, probably due to its lesser weight, and didn't exhibit the cold engine 2000 rpm hesitation the f6b has until warm. The Valkyrie will flat out handle the f6b, again due to less weight and an inch larger tire front and rear. Mileage for me was better also. Less wall up front for wind to push against. A small handlebar mount shield was all I needed and would do 500 mile trips to N.C. on the stock seat no problem, but then I've been riding for 46 years and have owned over 80 bikes of all makes. The f6b is a Cadillac on the highway, and the seat is WAY better than the Valkyrie for both of us. I have the tall Honda shield and get no buffering or wind noise at all. Tune volume on 12 to 14 is all I need, anything more hurts my ear, as I can only hear well out of one. Installed centerstand and Honda tour bag behind Show Chrome backrest and all is good. My take: F6b for extended highway trips,but the Valkyrie is great for around town/Dragon Slaying/Snappy fun!

Jerryo
09-13-2017, 10:20 AM
Agree with everything you said.
I had 2014 Valk, traded in for 2016 F6B Deluxe love both but lack of storage made me look into F6B. i wish i had some extra cash (valk) still sitting on dealer floor i would buy back for around town..
bottom line both great bikes.. i had 2 new Harleys (2012 Glide/2014 Limited) would not go back to harley unless they gave me one for nothing...

Old Ryder
09-13-2017, 01:39 PM
I traded my F6B for a Valkyrie because for the smaller size and less weight. Everything said is true. Both bikes are great---just made for different purposes. The new Valk is a Sport Bike with monster power and moderate comfort. It is referred to as a "Power Cruiser", but I don't think of it as a cruiser at all. More like a "Heavyweight sportbike".

BTW---I also had a '99 Valkyrie Interstate. The biggest reason I got rid of it was that it was very top heavy with the wife on the back and brakes were not that good because of all of the weight. JMHO of course.

F6BPDX
09-14-2017, 10:40 PM
I traded my F6B for a Valkyrie because for the smaller size and less weight. Everything said is true. Both bikes are great---just made for different purposes. The new Valk is a Sport Bike with monster power and moderate comfort. It is referred to as a "Power Cruiser", but I don't think of it as a cruiser at all. More like a "Heavyweight sportbike".

BTW---I also had a '99 Valkyrie Interstate. The biggest reason I got rid of it was that it was very top heavy with the wife on the back and brakes were not that good because of all of the weight. JMHO of course.

I also went F6B to Valkyrie. While I loved my F6B and put over 40k miles on it in the three years I had it I just wanted something that was more raw for lack of a better term. The power plant is obviously the same and still very refined but the more open feel of the bike without the Large fixed fairing makes it a totally different experience. The weight being shed also does translate to a power bump, and of course being more exposed the seat of the pants power increase is even more so.

The only downsides for me were lack of storage, which was remedied by attaching a Givi knock off to the Honda OEM rack that is available and the torture device they call a seat. A brand new Corbin Dual Tour solved that issue and now all is well. Just wish I had more time to pile on mileage this year. Two young kids and a teenager make for slim pickings some times.