PDA

View Full Version : Let me introduce myself

Thunderbird
12-15-2013, 08:15 AM
Hello everyone,

Signed up to this Forum a while back as I am in the market for an F6B. Thanks to everyone for the great posts and information on the F6B.
Myself: I'm an ex harley rider now on my second Victory. Presently riding a CCT anniversary edition. Always liked the looks of the Gold Wing but found it to be a little much for me. Now the F6B is way different, cool looking with an attitude of it's own. The F6B with it's water-cooled engine and many unique features as peaked my interest! I guess my question for everyone having owned Harley's/Victory's in past is how do you compare the F6B to your past motorcycles?

F6B-RICH
12-15-2013, 08:52 AM
'welcome gang' from :snow1:'freezing-cold'.snowremoval.'cold' NJ.Had a few Harleys and they were ok but I just love the handling and less vibrating of the F6B :icon_biggrin:

Steve 0080
12-15-2013, 09:13 AM
I never got into comparing motorcycles or girlfriends.... they are all good for/at something and better than others at other things. We all ride a certain bike for a specific reason...that does not make it better than another, just different!

This is one of the biggest reasons you don't see H,D, bashing or BMW bashing on this site...no more than you would allow someone to kick your girlfriend. And to those that do like to do that...they usually don't have the balls to call someone's girlfriend out face to face....JMHO

Deer Slayer
12-15-2013, 09:26 AM
I never got into comparing motorcycles or girlfriends.... they are all good for/at something and better than others at other things. We all ride a certain bike for a specific reason...that does not make it better than another, just different!

This is one of the biggest reasons you don't see H,D, bashing or BMW bashing on this site...no more than you would allow someone to kick your girlfriend. And to those that do like to do that...they usually don't have the balls to call someone's girlfriend out face to face....JMHO

Well said Steve. 'all/right'

hiflyer
12-15-2013, 09:37 AM
Hello everyone,

Signed up to this Forum a while back as I am in the market for an F6B. Thanks to everyone for the great posts and information on the F6B.
Myself: I'm an ex harley rider now on my second Victory. Presently riding a CCT anniversary edition. Always liked the looks of the Gold Wing but found it to be a little much for me. Now the F6B is way different, cool looking with an attitude of it's own. The F6B with it's water-cooled engine and many unique features as peaked my interest! I guess my question for everyone having owned Harley's/Victory's in past is how do you compare the F6B to your past motorcycles?

I've owned Hondas, BMWs, and a lot of Harleys, I've enjoyed all of them. In all my years of riding, I've been fortunate that I've never been broke down or severely injured on any. Now dirt bikes are a different story. Former Enduro rider and class champ. Had a bad crash racing in '91, don't ask me what happened, as I don't remember a week of my life after that little incident. As for the F6B, for me it's kinda like coming home, as I grew up riding Honda's. I really like the F6B. Now if we could just find out what the standard rider gear that an F6B pilot wears, we'll be good. We know the standard HD pirate gear, and the BMW, total safety gear to the max. Me? I tend to wear a full face, and switch between leather and Aerostitch, wearing mostly the stitch when touring, as I can just keep going if it rains.

The F6B is the smoothest best balanced bike for me so far, but I'm kinda like Miles, if I had seen the blacked out 2014 Goldwing before buying the 6, I may have gone that route.

GONRDN
12-15-2013, 09:48 AM
Welcome to the board. I came off a HD Road King to get this bike. Don't get me wrong, I loved my Harley, but this bike is in a different division. Harleys are made from steel, metal and bolts. Goldwing is Plastic, Fiberglass and rubber grommets. Once you get past the whole, "Wow, this thing is held in by plastic push pins?", you'll realize its a whole new animal. The smoothness, power, handling, all combined in a 842lb bike is simply amazing. Getting used to a different seating position was a breeze, took me about 20 miles to get used to. Now I'll fine tune with my own personal likes, like mini floorboards, better seat for distance. Little tweeks to make in my own. And one thing that's small but stands out to me, is I can actually start my F6B while my helmet and glasses are on the seat. I don't worry about them vibrating off and crashing to the floor anymore. Both Harley and Victory have stepped up there game lately, but not as far as I'd like to see changes. Until then, no more FL's, FLTZ's, FLHPTH's, FLMJF's, hard tails, soft tails, stage1, power commanders for me. Well, maybe as a second bike for fun.:icon_lol:

ED209
12-15-2013, 10:00 AM
I too fell for the new F6B. I will never look back that's for sure. The water cooled flat 6 :yes: , the power :yikes: , the pride of having one, the indestructable overall construction design, quiet smooth linear powerband with seemless shifting along with a super controlled ride. :041:
My buddy who has a Road King will not stay off my F6 :crackup: . I came from Harleys and Yamahas Vtwins myself (plus a couple inline 4 bikes), my buddy and all his 3 brothers are on Harleys. I think he has put as many miles on my F6 as I have :icon_lol: .
I always have to say "hey get away :nono: my bike :crackup: .

GONRDN
12-15-2013, 10:44 AM
'welcome gang' from :snow1:'freezing-cold'.snowremoval.'cold' NJ.Had a few Harleys and they were ok but I just love the handling and less vibrating of the F6B :icon_biggrin:

:lolup:

robrm250
12-15-2013, 11:01 AM
I too have owned Harley's street glide,Electra glide,yamaha,s FJR's,Kawasaki's zx14,concours,BMW's K1200's plus 02,05 goldwings.I bought the Harley's because a lot of my friends had them and it was always easy to get up with other people to ride which made the wife happy.When my wife would get burnt out on riding I would always sell the 2 up bikes get me something I enjoyed and road the wheels off.All of the bikes I have owned have been very dependable you just stay off some of the forums and you won't be waiting for them to break.I still do race enduro's and ride my dirtbike every Wed.so that gets my rush in.I like my F6b the most so far out of all of them it is the only streetbike I have not planned on selling in Feb.because of the start of natl. enduro season,hell I am still adding accessories yesterday (belly pan).It is so smooth and enjoyable I like it as much 1 up as 2 up that is a first for me.The Harley plus other group rides are too much of a hassle now for me and the wife,we just take off and go when it hits us.My dirt riding partner has a Roadglide and we will ride with him and his wife we trade sometimes,they like there's more we like ours more.

bobbyf6b
12-15-2013, 11:03 AM
My biggest complaint about my Street Glide (besides faulty radios and engine failure at 35k miles) was wind protection. No matter how many things I added, like plastic wings, lowers and different types of windshields, I was never happy. With the addition of a taller windshield to the F6B the wind protection is awesome. My feet and legs stay warm enough and the heated grips keep my hands warm. There's some plastic wings for the hands but I haven't put them on yet. I love how smooth and quiet the bike is and when I twist the throttle it doesn't hesitate to go where I want, when I want. Oh yeah, and no pinging and no buying Premium gas anymore either. :biggthumpup:

And no required hand waving. Damn that's annoying. :icon_doh:

opas ride
12-15-2013, 01:33 PM
I came off a couple of Victory's myself..08 Kingpin Tour and 2011 Vision Tour..Both great bikes and each had its own identity and ride...Loved the Kingpin as it handled easily and was fairly light and low..The Vision was the best bike I had owned until I got the F6B. Victory makes a great bike in my opinion, better than HD in just about everyway except resale value, and I truly loved the Vision Tour..But, the F6B offers a much smoother ride, more power, easier for me to handle, and I love the thing as it is what I need for now...Never really cared for HD as they always seem to shake my teeth and breakdown a lot...Newer models are much improved and those that ride them really are convinced that HD is the only bike out there!!!! Not for me as I love my F6B....

Trike lady
12-15-2013, 04:53 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I've owned a few Electra-glide Classics and a Wing trike, and I prefer the Wing.
Yes, its cold in Butler,PA had about 5" of snow. http://hondaf6b.com/images/smilies/cold.gif

choptop
12-15-2013, 05:09 PM
Welcome, In the market for a F6b, much like you. Came to bike riding later on in life, have had a couple of Yamaha Warriors, sold the last one in August, loved them both. Currently have a '90 Harley FL w/a 127 c.i. Ultima after market engine w/a 6 speed. I hate stock and have always spent a lot of money on aftermarket to make it my own. Have never been real big on reliability, more about looks and going from o to 80 kinda quick. lol Vacillate between the Yamaha Stratoliner Deluxe and the F6B. Strat because of it's customizability and they are very reliable and the F6B because of it's different look, it's power and the time tested reliability of it's platform. I will probably keep the Harley, at least that way I can still wear the T shirts, lol and get the F6B, will have the best of both my little worlds. Good luck on on your bike quest.

FlaMike
12-15-2013, 05:15 PM
Welcome from :beach: Fla.

A few Harley's in my past and just traded my 2012 Victory CR. Good bikes in their own right but no comparison to the F6B. Had an 1800 Wing back in 03 an swore I wouldn't have another but dang if that Black Deluxe in the garage doesn't have Goldwing Badges on it. Liquid cooled Flat 6 trumps V-Twin every time. Plus you don't have fool around with Air Filter/ Fuel tuner to make the bike run good. For the record, I can't see ever going back to HD or Vic.

I will say that the Anniversary CCT is a beautiful bike. Love the color scheme.

Warning, don't do a test ride! As far as F6B goes, "Try it and you'll buy it".

unsub
12-15-2013, 05:23 PM
Welcome Thunderbird.

My experience with HD was an AMF era Sportster so it's no contest.

@bobbyF6B - no hand waving? Damn, that's cold. :icon_wink:

gunut
12-15-2013, 05:35 PM
you can read my post 1st 100 miles ( still feel the same )

Thunderbird
12-15-2013, 07:25 PM
Thanks everyone. A few weeks to go here until the bike show in Toronto, sure hope the 2014's are available at that time.

4DI2D
12-15-2013, 09:57 PM
Hello everyone,

You don't.
there is no comparison. Honda, Harley, Yamaha, Honda(F6B). And a few others along the line, V4s, transverse 4s, V-Twins all pale by comparison so I don't spend a lot of time trying.
This beast/beauty is a one-of-a-kind magical mystery tour. Ride on!