PDA

View Full Version : Accessories that don't work out:

Texas TC
05-17-2013, 01:58 PM
Before I went to my Go Cruise throttle lock, I tried a Cramp Buster. It took too much throttle area for my taste so it was immediately abandoned. Anyone else tried accessories that did not work out as planned?

erazor55
05-17-2013, 03:14 PM
Actually, my Go Cruise doesn't work well at all. It will hold the throttle position for a second or two, then slowly allows the spring return pull to reduce my speed. I don't know if I need to "rough" up the plastic grabber portion to dig deeper into the supplied elastic, or try to go thicker on the elastic.

micky_foccer
05-17-2013, 04:33 PM
I would contact the manufacturer. Explain what's going on and see what solutions they may provide.

Texas TC
05-17-2013, 04:37 PM
Actually, my Go Cruise doesn't work well at all. It will hold the throttle position for a second or two, then slowly allows the spring return pull to reduce my speed. I don't know if I need to "rough" up the plastic grabber portion to dig deeper into the supplied elastic, or try to go thicker on the elastic.

I posted this on another thread. Place a small zip tie in the hole closest to the grip and tighten it to the tension you desire. Works really well.

erazor55
05-17-2013, 08:18 PM
I posted this on another thread. Place a small zip tie in the hole closest to the grip and tighten it to the tension you desire. Works really well.

I saw this post. I'll give it a try. Thanks!

gamersince1976
05-17-2013, 08:36 PM
I just got my 7/8 Go Cruise (unheated grips). I didn't like the feel of it directly on the handlebars, but it seems good with the included silicone band.

Yeahoo Whoyah
05-19-2013, 02:16 AM
Actually, my Go Cruise doesn't work well at all. It will hold the throttle position for a second or two,

Are you using the 7/8" or 1" ?

Frontier509
05-20-2013, 02:36 PM
I've got the 7/8 on mine. Works great!

ghostrider
05-28-2013, 10:12 PM
I bought the Saddlemen R1300LXE Deluxe Motorcycle Roll Bag. I have a backrest and the Honda rack and tried strapping the bag onto it and it just didn't want to mount right even though it had several ways to mount. Also the bag was collapsing onto itself without even getting it installed. It was the right size for me but the quality just wasn't up to par. I ended up sending it back with no problem to Bikebandit.
I have since ordered the Kuryakyn Classic Tour Bag which i have seen in person and is more money but much better quality. It's a little wide to fit on the bike with the antenna on but I took the antenna off and the radio still works(but probably has less range) They do make a day tour bag but it was just a little small for what I need to use it for, which is quick access for my full size camera and little ice chest that I travel with. I'll take some pics when I get it fully packed. It'll probably look like the grapes of wrath lol because of my hoteling and camping needs but not too bad haha

Dink
05-27-2014, 09:30 PM

I have a 7/8" Go Cruise and had the same issue. I cut a 700X32 bicycle inner tube at 1/2" width and stretched 2 of them over the factory grip and place the silicone band over them. It fixed slippage problem for me. I love my Red F6B!

royr
05-28-2014, 03:56 AM
I had a standard plastic non-adjustable Go Cruise that came with a used bike I purchased, it did not hold the throttle very long either. When I purchased one for my F6b, I got the adjustable, aluminum model. I holds the throttle very well. Not the best throttle lock I have owned, but it requires no alteration to the grip to install and works OK.

Another accessory that did not work out for me -Mustang seat - The lower seat position increased the bend in my knees and made my legs comfortable. But, the lower seat position was fun to ride in the twisties.

Shark Skins (original Grip "Bubbies") - I got them to help with my hand numbness. They did not help. My guess is nothing is going to help my hand numbness. I think it is nerve damage from years of riding a bicycle. But, the foam is better than the Grip "Puppies". It is closed celled on the outside and is not as spongy. I am going to place an ad for them soon, $15 including shipping. Original price, $25 online.

Scotrod
05-28-2014, 08:17 AM
Some of my purchases weren't ~bad~, but I either found no benefit or found things that I liked better.

The Grip puppies didn't really do anything for me,,, Had 'em before on other bikes, didn't really do anything for me there either, but the wife (with far smaller hands than me) likes 'em. :shrug:

Windshields is another one, but Jeez, who here HASN'T been down that road!?!?

Go-Cruise w/ tie-wrap works good and provides excellent 'bang for the buck', but ended up going with a Kaoko after it was all said and done. ('Cleaner', more integrated install, more precise)

Ericb445
05-28-2014, 10:11 AM
I found a good deal for Baker foot wings and front lower wings. Put them on my bike, and the first left handed on ramp they wear ripped off.
I guess I need to slow down.
Good thing I didn't pay full price for these things because they where pricey.

Scotrod
05-28-2014, 10:26 AM
7 inch Front fender extender. Some say it can make the rear front fender break. Mine broke, not sure why,,, :shrug: Extender is now in the attic,,,

hiflyer
05-28-2014, 10:45 AM
I found a good deal for Baker foot wings and front lower wings. Put them on my bike, and the first left handed on ramp they wear ripped off.
I guess I need to slow down.
Good thing I didn't pay full price for these things because they where pricey.

Yep, installed the foot wings and lost one the first time I passed an 18 wheeler. I didn't even stop to look for it. Threw the other one in the trash at the first gas stop.

Skully
05-29-2014, 07:56 PM

I had the same problem a few weeks ago when I first installed the GoCruise. It would just gradually release the throttle. I visited their web site to look at some pictures and I noticed I had it on upside down. Just the way your picture shows. Once I turned the piece 180deg over it now works great. Try it it works.

Scotrod
05-29-2014, 08:12 PM
I had the same problem a few weeks ago when I first installed the GoCruise. It would just gradually release the throttle. I visited their web site to look at some pictures and I noticed I had it on upside down. Just the way your picture shows. Once I turned the piece 180deg over it now works great. Try it it works.

http://www.2wheelride.com/throttle_pro.html

Holes on top,,, Just like the vid,,,:shrug:

Skully
05-30-2014, 06:07 PM
http://www.2wheelride.com/throttle_pro.html

Holes on top,,, Just like the vid,,,:shrug:

Sorry. I stand corrected. It is working for me the other way. I will keep tinkering with it.:icon_redface:

Scotrod
05-30-2014, 09:02 PM
:icon_biggrin: You can slap it on any-way ya want,,, lube it up with peanut butter,,, but if it works for ya,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :shake2: :yes: :icon_biggrin:

SpeedyWho
05-31-2014, 10:41 AM
Kury ISO grips, I never could get them just right. I like the idea but the product was poorly designed and ended up getting rid of them.

Darkknight
06-23-2014, 03:07 PM
I ordered the GL1800 rear speaker wiring harness. SKU#AO45180123
The connector didn't mate to what was under the seat. I already had the speakers so I cannibalized the harness, (broke the connectors out of the plastic housing) and made my own connection.
That was in May 2013.
Now either my connections gave out or I just blew up the back set of speakers. I would like to find a harness that I knew actually fit. If I'm going to remove the seat, I would like to use real connectors.:icon_frown:

Hornblower
06-23-2014, 04:21 PM
I ordered the GL1800 rear speaker wiring harness. SKU#AO45180123
The connector didn't mate to what was under the seat. I already had the speakers so I cannibalized the harness, (broke the connectors out of the plastic housing) and made my own connection.
That was in May 2013.
Now either my connections gave out or I just blew up the back set of speakers. I would like to find a harness that I knew actually fit. If I'm going to remove the seat, I would like to use real connectors.:icon_frown:

Pretty unlikely, blowing up a set of speakers :shock: Did you solder the new connections or use connectors of some type? Sounds like time to check those connections.

F6B1911
06-23-2014, 04:50 PM
..... Anyone else tried accessories that did not work out as planned?

Yeah, but I think it was my fault. I had a tank bag on my previous bike, a BMW R80 RT. I never drove without it, it was perfect for everything I need it for, it fit, it wasn't in the way, there were no restrictions in steering, etc., etc.
So, when I got my new F6B (the fast Black one), first thing I wanted was a tank bag. I jumped at the first one that was supposed to fit both the GL1800 and the F6B. Sure, it fit, but it limited my turning, also, couldn't turn the handlebars wall the way to the left to lock the steering, and it was substantially smaller than what I had on me previous bike.
On the other hand, the mount was well designed, looks and feels top shelf, the map case displays a fairly large map, and it came with a rain cover. Consider this before purchasing a tank bag.
FYI, the one I purchased was the EC Honda GL1800 Tank Bag with Map Pouch.

Darkknight
06-24-2014, 03:25 AM
Pretty unlikely, blowing up a set of speakers :shock: Did you solder the new connections or use connectors of some type? Sounds like time to check those connections.

I used the female ends of the purchased connector and removed them from the plastic (it wouldn't fit stock connector). Slid them into the existing male ends that were in the connector under the seat and insulated between the wires. They may have just come apart or they could be touching and shorting. That is why, If i'm going to take the seat off I'd like to have an actual mating connector (that fits!).
I'll just start troubleshooting at the speaker and work back to that connection. I agree, blowing one speaker, maybe. Both at the same time... unusual.

Hornblower
06-24-2014, 08:45 AM
I used the female ends of the purchased connector and removed them from the plastic (it wouldn't fit stock connector). Slid them into the existing male ends that were in the connector under the seat and insulated between the wires. They may have just come apart or they could be touching and shorting. That is why, If i'm going to take the seat off I'd like to have an actual mating connector (that fits!).
I'll just start troubleshooting at the speaker and work back to that connection. I agree, blowing one speaker, maybe. Both at the same time... unusual.

I realize not everybody has soldering equipment but, in a situation like this, it's really hard to beat for a permanent, trouble-free connection.