PDA

View Full Version : Kuryakyn Ergo III

FarsideF6B
04-23-2021, 09:01 AM
:039:
I just ordered the Kuryakyn Ergo III Blk Cruise Mounts w/ Trident Dually ISO pegs. I'm anxious to get these. Any of you have a thought:confused: Maybe I should of asked before I bought! :eek: Thanks just the same.

maxrider
04-23-2021, 09:37 AM
No worries I just replaced my Rivco pegs for good reasons, and back to Kury for the main reason that is Dependable and has more flexibility in positioning, I think you made a good choice.
And yes I purchased the same set-up:D

SeaSteve
04-23-2021, 09:45 AM
This doesn't really answer you directly, but, since we both posted about the Ultimate King seat...I've got the Ergo II w/Trident pegs and am very happy. Not sure I'd like longer Ergo IIIs. Again, I'm 6'3" and have the pegs mounted all the way forward and straight out. I can put my "arches" on the pegs with bended knees or my entire foot OVER the pegs with straight knees.

On quality, my previous Honda VTX had "chrome" Kuryakyn parts that didn't hold up very well. Currently the black paint is doing fine.

FarsideF6B
04-23-2021, 09:58 AM
No worries I just replaced my Rivco pegs for good reasons, and back to Kury for the main reason that is Dependable and has more flexibility in positioning, I think you made a good choice.
And yes I purchased the same set-up:D

Morning Max, Great minds think a like. On another note I did take of the exhaust shields and sprayed them black to match the pipes I got from you and it looks great! I do good work. I'll send you a pick and you'll see the mounts that I just took off the bike. They were chrome but didn't like where my feet would be. I hope these new Ergo III will do the trick. Thx.

maxrider
04-23-2021, 09:59 AM
To add info to SeaSteve post, I'm 6'4" with 33" inseam and size 15 boot, I had Ergo 2 several bikes back, it was ok, however for the same reason posted by SeaSteve I in addition find that the Ergo111 offers even more flexibility/versatility for the angles I pursue, one size does not fit all:)

FarsideF6B
04-23-2021, 10:03 AM
This doesn't really answer you directly, but, since we both posted about the Ultimate King seat...I've got the Ergo II w/Trident pegs and am very happy. Not sure I'd like longer Ergo IIIs. Again, I'm 6'3" and have the pegs mounted all the way forward and straight out. I can put my "arches" on the pegs with bended knees or my entire foot OVER the pegs with straight knees.

On quality, my previous Honda VTX had "chrome" Kuryakyn parts that didn't hold up very well. Currently the black paint is doing fine.

Thanks Steve, I have Kuryakyn on my Valkyrie and yes I'll agree, the chrome is nothing spectacular after a few years. I guess they figure that and looking for the replacement orders. :rolleyes:
Thx

rdbonds
04-23-2021, 12:01 PM
Farside - I have those same units on my F6b. They're really nicely made. Most of the time, I ride with my feet on the normal pegs, but it's nice to have options to shift around on longer rides. Everyone seems to set them up differently, but I have them set so that when they are deployed with weight on them, they're about 10-11" from the front of my pegs and about 5" higher. I can ride for a bit with my foot on the peg, then shift to having my heel on the peg with the toes on the highway peg, then shift to use the highway peg only (in the arch of the boot), or rest my heel on top of the highway peg. Minor adjustments/changes have a huge impact on longer ride comfort, at least to me.

One minor downside is that the spring hub on the mounting point sticks out quite a bit. If you mount them horizontal to the ground (i.e. the outside tip of the hub at the same height as the inside mounting point) the outer part of the hub touches down before the rest of the engine guard. To me, it seems that one could actually have that touch down to pavement before the peg feelers do, and it was a bit concerning to me to have hard parts (i.e. not hinged pegs) touching down first. For that reason I run mine mounted with the units tipped up slightly on the outside, better matching the contour of the engine guard. See the photo below.

FarsideF6B
04-23-2021, 08:05 PM
Farside - I have those same units on my F6b. They're really nicely made. Most of the time, I ride with my feet on the normal pegs, but it's nice to have options to shift around on longer rides. Everyone seems to set them up differently, but I have them set so that when they are deployed with weight on them, they're about 10-11" from the front of my pegs and about 5" higher. I can ride for a bit with my foot on the peg, then shift to having my heel on the peg with the toes on the highway peg, then shift to use the highway peg only (in the arch of the boot), or rest my heel on top of the highway peg. Minor adjustments/changes have a huge impact on longer ride comfort, at least to me.
One minor downside is that the spring hub on the mounting point sticks out quite a bit. If you mount them horizontal to the ground (i.e. the outside tip of the hub at the same height as the inside mounting point) the outer part of the hub touches down before the rest of the engine guard. To me, it seems that one could actually have that touch down to pavement before the peg feelers do, and it was a bit concerning to me to have hard parts (i.e. not hinged pegs) touching down first. For that reason I run mine mounted with the units tipped up slightly on the outside, better matching the contour of the engine guard. See the photo below.

Nice, thanks Rdbonds. Good info and i do like the options. I'll start with a mount similair to where you have yours mounted I believe. :cool:

maxrider
04-25-2021, 05:26 PM
Great advice rdbonds, forgot to mention that in my post, but so true.

SeaSteve
04-26-2021, 09:09 AM
I'm 6'4" with 33" inseam and size 15 boot.

33" INSEAM??? I'm 6'3" with a 35" inseam. I want to run a foot race against YOU! :eek:

I in addition find that the Ergo111 offers even more flexibility/versatility for the angles I pursue, one size does not fit all:)

I may have to give the Ergo III's a second look.

maxrider
04-26-2021, 07:43 PM
Steve I'm sure you beat me, my last LA Marathon on March 26, 2011 I ran with 5 hrs, 28 min, 15 seconds, so with your long kickers you should let me eat dust:).

Yeah check out the Ergo, have some misgivings about the Aero, pm me if you want the scoop, don't want to post public.

K2157
04-27-2021, 02:02 AM
You have too have Looooong legs
I have Ducks Disease (Bum too close too the Ground)
Running boards for me are most ecellent

OlyF6B
06-22-2021, 07:27 PM
I have the same setup on my '16 F6B Deluxe and like them a lot. I have a shorter inseam (29.5") so having the pegs closer makes for a nice riding position when compared to other options that put the peg further fwd.

When (if?) you install them, highly suggest you tilt the arm/pivot point piece "up" (i.e., towards the sky) and then use the set-screw (hex head) on the bottom to cinch down the assembly. Be sure to insert the hard plastic inserts in correctly. Note: I put one wrap of Gorilla Tape around the inserts to make them snug-up nice and tight. This will help with clearance when (if?) you lean the bike over during hard/tight turns.