PDA

View Full Version : I need help F6b or victory vision??????

Bigjohn6886
12-16-2013, 02:56 PM
Ok guys I know I'm posting in a f6b forum but I will be posting this Same question in a victory vision forum site. Ok here's the deal I presently ride a 2011 triumph rocket 3 roadster I love the bike & the raw power but I want a bike with power & bags & looks I narrowed my quest down to 2 bikes the f6b or the victory vision & I love both the thing love about the vision is when I sit on this bike I truly feel comfortable but sometimes I wonder is the styling to far out there some days I love it & then I ask is it to different. Now as far as the f6b I love the styling of this bike all I love to do is just stare at this bike while its parked. I love the fact that it has that reliable flat six but I really want a bike with some real growl to it I know I can get that wit the vision. Also my concern is that I don't feel as comfortable on the f6b as I do with the vision but I know I would have to add some type of pegs for the f6b. Don't really know which 1 to pick I haven't test rode none of the two. But I plan on doing it soon. Also I'm a about 6ft3in 245lbs. Ok guys I welcome all responses even the honda bias ones lol thanks

bobbyf6b
12-16-2013, 03:06 PM
Water cooling, sportier looks and sportier handling made the F6B the choice for me.

Bigjohn6886
12-16-2013, 03:12 PM
Did u test ride both that's also a great point I like the water cooled I've never had a air cooled bike

Steve 0080
12-16-2013, 03:34 PM
Wellllllll.... on the F6B board..... no one will say get something else !!!!!! .batman-smilie.

hiflyer
12-16-2013, 03:38 PM
I say, whatever floats your boat. Ride 'em both and go with your gut, then never look back. Just so happens that we like the F6B, but we like ALL motorcycles, some more than others. I have never ridden the Vision, but considered it once. There are a lot of Honda dealerships across the country, so support is good should you ever have a problem on the road. But hey, it's a Honda, you probably will never need it.

bob109
12-16-2013, 03:54 PM
Ok guys I know I'm posting in a f6b forum but I will be posting this Same question in a victory vision forum site. Ok here's the deal I presently ride a 2011 triumph rocket 3 roadster I love the bike & the raw power but I want a bike with power & bags & looks I narrowed my quest down to 2 bikes the f6b or the victory vision & I love both the thing love about the vision is when I sit on this bike I truly feel comfortable but sometimes I wonder is the styling to far out there some days I love it & then I ask is it to different. Now as far as the f6b I love the styling of this bike all I love to do is just stare at this bike while its parked. I love the fact that it has that reliable flat six but I really want a bike with some real growl to it I know I can get that wit the vision. Also my concern is that I don't feel as comfortable on the f6b as I do with the vision but I know I would have to add some type of pegs for the f6b. Don't really know which 1 to pick I haven't test rode none of the two. But I plan on doing it soon. Also I'm a about 6ft3in 245lbs. Ok guys I welcome all responses even the honda bias ones lol thanks

We share approximately the same weight (240 lbs) and height (6'2"). Your Rocket III is similar in nature to my previous Honda VTX 1800C, Yamaha 1900 cc Stratoliner and Suzuki M-109 1800 cc. All were large powerful machines and great in their own way. None of them compare to the F6B in handling/performance. Ultra smooth linear power from a flat horizontally opposed six, IMHO, has no equal.

I penned the following after owning and riding my 6 for three months.! After eight months of owner-ship my opinion of the 6 hasn't changed!

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?566-Three-Months-Into-The-F6B

Scotrod
12-16-2013, 04:15 PM
Do you need a trunk?

Bags on the Vision are a bit small, but it does have a trunk to provide greater amounts of storage, if that's something ya need.

I was interested in a Vision as well. Was hoping 2014 brought a re-style with slightly larger bags and at least one model that you could purchase w/o a trunk. (Why pay for one if it's gonna sit in the garage 99.5% of the time???) Didn't happen.

The F6B is about as 'seamless' as you can get on 2 wheels,,, Silky smooth, w/ a rock solid/established platform.

Water-cooling,,,I no longer feel like I'm straddling a wood stove.

Honda has a larger Dealer network. (Doesn't really matter,,,, it's a HONDA, you won't need repair parts anyway! LOL!)

I read up a bit on the Vics,,, As a result,,, I ride an F6B.

The F6B wasn't even a contender when I started my search, but,,, fate works in mysterious ways!!!!

Not everyone has the same luck / tastes / desires. Test 'em both!!!!

chipmaker
12-16-2013, 04:50 PM
I almost bought a Cross Country Tour, but bought the F6B instead. Im a former HD guy, and I miss the vtwin feel. Im not getting rid of my F6B, but I soon will add some sort of HD or Victory to my garage. Out here Victorys are easy to demo, Hondas not so much.

Hornblower
12-16-2013, 04:52 PM
Big John--

Welcome to our forum :041:

No doubt, you can expect F6B praise here and you will see plenty of it. Considering a forum like this is usually where you also see all the shortcomings as well, you should notice the almost total lack of complaints. Maybe the Vision forum is similar and I don't know that, but you will.

I wanted to respond to your inquiry mainly because I'm a previous RIII owner as well. As you say, the Rocket had a fantastic engine. Mine had TORS, K&N's, and a tune. It was a monster! I would classify that bike as a power cruiser. Unfortunately, it didn't handle and that led to my selling it. By comparison, and in addition to dependability, the F6B has much more going for it. This bike, in stock form, has considerable usable power, great handling, and style and comfort to boot. I would classify the F6B as a power-cruiser-tourer. Just looking at the design, I feel confident in saying the Vision will seem quite top heavy compared to the F6B and that relates directly to handling. OTOH, maybe you love the feel and sound of a big V-twin and that's a personal choice that only you can make. Aside from that, I think we can make a very strong case for the F6B based on performance, price, looks, and comfort. Good luck with your choice!

gordonrule
12-16-2013, 04:55 PM
You really need to ride them both!! I did test drive a Victory Vision nice bike really well balanced. My previous bike was a 1800c and the Vision handled better then the 1800, but the F6b is hands down smoother and handles better then the Vision(just my opinion). Plus I wanted to stay with liquid cooled and didn't want another V twin.

GONRDN
12-16-2013, 06:55 PM
Wellllllll.... on the F6B board..... no one will say get something else !!!!!! .batman-smilie.

Correct!

FlaMike
12-16-2013, 07:15 PM
1st off, I'll bet money, a guy your size will love the Vision Floorboards. I've demo'd a few Visions and with the frame mounted fairing, they offer the best wind/weather protection of any Vic. As far as looks, some liked it, some didn't, even in Victory world but word is that the ride/handling is where they shine .

For about a yr & 9000mi, I had a Victory CrossRoads . I had some problems with my Vic but all bikes can. (ie. My 03 1800 Wing had a broken tranny w/600mi on the clock before I got it).
Stuff happens, however the size of the dealer network can be a problem if you plan to do any long distance road trips. I was 700mi from home when my starter decided it didn't want to anymore. That being said, I started the bike and didn't shut it off till I got home. And it was just fine and it did idle for 30min each time I stopped.

If all your riding is local then the above doesn't apply and many Vic owners never have any problems. Another thing is F6B comes with 3yr war from Honda. Vic comes with 1yr from Polaris and extended warr they offer are thru a 3rd party and is NOT an extension of the 1yr warr.

But you really got to test ride both to figure out which one works the best for you. Vic demo pretty easy, either thru factory demo rides @ a dealer near you or just call your local dealer. Check Vic website for demo schedule. Also check out VOG( Victory Owners Group) & VMC (Victory Motorcycle Club) for more Vic info.

I still have a Vic in the garage (wifes Vegas 8ball) so I don't bash em but I wouldn't trade my F6B for one. Been there, done that.

Good luck in your hunt!

Bigjohn6886
12-16-2013, 07:53 PM
Big John--

Welcome to our forum :041:

No doubt, you can expect F6B praise here and you will see plenty of it. Considering a forum like this is usually where you also see all the shortcomings as well, you should notice the almost total lack of complaints. Maybe the Vision forum is similar and I don't know that, but you will.

I wanted to respond to your inquiry mainly because I'm a previous RIII owner as well. As you say, the Rocket had a fantastic engine. Mine had TORS, K&N's, and a tune. It was a monster! I would classify that bike as a power cruiser. Unfortunately, it didn't handle and that led to my selling it. By comparison, and in addition to dependability, the F6B has much more going for it. This bike, in stock form, has considerable usable power, great handling, and style and comfort to boot. I would classify the F6B as a power-cruiser-tourer. Just looking at the design, I feel confident in saying the Vision will seem quite top heavy compared to the F6B and that relates directly to handling. OTOH, maybe you love the feel and sound of a big V-twin and that's a personal choice that only you can make. Aside from that, I think we can make a very strong case for the F6B based on performance, price, looks, and comfort. Good luck with your choice!
So hornblower u have know regrets of leaving the rocket3 & u like the power of the f6b

Bigjohn6886
12-16-2013, 08:02 PM
1st off, I'll bet money, a guy your size will love the Vision Floorboards. I've demo'd a few Visions and with the frame mounted fairing, they offer the best wind/weather protection of any Vic. As far as looks, some liked it, some didn't, even in Victory world but word is that the ride/handling is where they shine .

For about a yr & 9000mi, I had a Victory CrossRoads . I had some problems with my Vic but all bikes can. (ie. My 03 1800 Wing had a broken tranny w/600mi on the clock before I got it).
Stuff happens, however the size of the dealer network can be a problem if you plan to do any long distance road trips. I was 700mi from home when my starter decided it didn't want to anymore. That being said, I started the bike and didn't shut it off till I got home. And it was just fine and it did idle for 30min each time I stopped.

If all your riding is local then the above doesn't apply and many Vic owners never have any problems. Another thing is F6B comes with 3yr war from Honda. Vic comes with 1yr from Polaris and extended warr they offer are thru a 3rd party and is NOT an extension of the 1yr warr.

But you really got to test ride both to figure out which one works the best for you. Vic demo pretty easy, either thru factory demo rides @ a dealer near you or just call your local dealer. Check Vic website for demo schedule. Also check out VOG( Victory Owners Group) & VMC (Victory Motorcycle Club) for more Vic info.

I still have a Vic in the garage (wifes Vegas 8ball) so I don't bash em but I wouldn't trade my F6B for one. Been there, done that.

Good luck in your hunt!

Thanks flamike & the rest of u guys insight im really leaning towards the f6b I really gotta test ride one also I'm hoping the 2014 comes out with abs that will be a big edge. Also this forum really play a nice part. It seems like it has a lot of passionate owner

opas ride
12-16-2013, 08:05 PM
My response is pretty much like those before me..I personally traded my 2011 Victory Vision Tour for the F6B and so far I am not sorry. The Vision is, in my opinion, the best handling touring rig out there bar none!!..Heads and shoulders above the GW in just about all aspects. Better wind protection, electric adjustable windshield, heated grips and seat, big floorboards, great radio, cruise control, ABS brakes, and on the tarmack just floats along at 75-85 like a dream...I will admit at first I had second thoughts about my wisdom to trade but the F6B fits me and my needs much better..I had a Valkyrie for 6 years and really got used to the smoothness and power of the Honda motor...Victory motor is hot as hell in temps above 80,and does not handle as well at lower speeds as the F6B but is manageable if your taller than 5'10". I went to the lower Victory-ball seat (1"lower) which made me set down more in the bike than on it like the F6B. It is your choice and either is a great bike...I would recommend you ride them both to see what fits your needs the most...If you want smooth power, water cooled, much faster light to light, go for the F6B..If you are into over the road long trips the Vision is one terrific road bike...For me the F6B is what I need for now and I really love the thing and have no plans to change for a long while..Good Luck

Cool Hand Luke
12-16-2013, 08:10 PM
Welcome to our forum!

First of all, I do hope you are planning to test ride both of them and not just take any one's opinion as a lone reason to buy either bike. But it is fun to read opinions...

Well, here's mine. These two bikes have very little in common and are very different. I guess the only thing in common is that they both can be ridden touring long distance, but that's about it. They take two completely different routes to accomplish this:

1. The Looks Dept. While highly subjective, we can at least agree that Vision is a v twin touring cruiser while F6B is not. As a cruiser, Vision has a ubiquotus air cooled V Twin engine. This produces strong torque and revs very low and has relatively speaking for it's size low horsepower rating. No radiator to get in the way of looks. Also, no engine in a way of foot mounts so Vision is blessed with the longest floorboards I ever put my feet on. In order to differentiate the Vision from many Harley vtwin wannabees, Victory gave Vision a shall we say a surprising styling. It's either love it or hate it, only you know which camp are you in. To me from certain angles Vision looks great but from others it looks comical and the proportions are all wrong. Also, I am not a fan of the trunk as it looks tacky to me, I much prefer the looks of the Vision without it. So, Vision will definitely generate polarizing comments from onlookers.
F6B is attractive to people that want something else. It is not a cruiser, it is more of a sporty touring bike. The engine is not as fun to look at as v twin, it pretty much blends in as a part of the fairing. It has dual radiators, but unlike most bikes they are side mounted and not in front such as the one on your Triumph. In my opinion the fairing, the bags, the radiator on sides look good. In fact, the whole bike looks like something a Batman would ride, of course in black. I especially like the looks of it from the back, to me is very unique and cool. For around 13,000 miles I have ridden F6B so far I had nothing but positive comments from everyone, bystanders, car guys, Harley guys, Goldwing Guys, etc. People deliberately stopped to talked to me about the bike everywhere. In fact, out of approx. 14 bikes I owned this one by far garnered the most positive comments from onlookers.

2. The Power. V twin engines have very nice character, high torque low in powerband and nice sound. Vision surely has a nice engine. Also due to v twin design the engine does allow for more leg space. On the other hand, it does generate a lot of heat on your legs, especially on the right side of the engine. Rear cylinder always runs very hot in summer time as it gets hot air from the front cylinder due to engine design limitations. Also, Vision has very clunky shifting that's loud but deliberate. Vision uses a belt drive which does need cleaning and will eventually need replacement. It also vibrates which can be tiring on long trips.
F6B is simply more powerful but in a way you may not expect it if you never ridden it. It is quiet, no vibrations, and it just pulls. It revs higher. It has more torque and horsepower. It is a silent killer. It has low maintenance shaft drive which is not pretty to look at but is hidden from view by bags. You can put louder pipes to add more character (I did, Cobra 6-2-6) but it will never sound like v twin. I actually really like the sound, it has bass in it and it sounds more like a Porsche than a Harley. You have to figure out if you like it or not. Engine is bulletproof. It will last you as long as you want. Also, F6B gets excellent gas mileage and requires only regular gas. On my longer trips I usually average over 45 mpg's, which means I can go at least 250 miles before looking for gas station.

3. The Comfort. Vision is very comfortable to just sit on (I'm 6' 230 lbs) or to cruise around town. Longer rides would cause some vibration to be felt thru seat, floorboards and hand grips. Vibration, as well as wind and engine noise, can be fatiguing on long rides. Vision does have power windshield which is a great addition. It also has cruise control and stereo. Neither bike has reverse. F6B does not have as much leg room as Vision, the engine blocks forward foot placement. Some kind of forward pegs are a must for long rides. I use aero folding pegs and they work great for me. The seat on F6B is not as comfortable as the Vision's, it is low and wide and well padded but the rear portion slopes instead being vertical. I tend to sit on this slopped portion and after a while it gets uncomfortable. I use airhawk cushion to compensate and it works good so far but I am looking to replace the seat, probably Mustang or Ultimate will do. Vision gets huge advantage with power windshield, stock F6B windshield is a joke. I replaced it immediately with adjustable dark tinted shield which I love. Also, if you want to ride with a passenger than Vision has the advantage due to a huge seat with passenger backrest as a result of a trunk. It also has rear speakers. I bought F6B to ride as solo so to me this makes no difference but it may for you.

4. The Handling. Vision seems to handle OK for a cruiser. But F6B is in another league, which is of course due to the fact that it is not a cruiser so it is not limited by design. F6B's handling is nothing short of amazing for such a huge bike. I honestly thing that an experinced rider can keep up with any bike on street riding while on F6B. Not so on Vision, but not so bad either.

5. The Luggage Capacity. Vision's bags look much bigger from the outside than what they can swallow. In fact it is rather disappointing. Trunk makes up for this big time as long as you don't mind the looks. F6B's bags are better designed and more capacious, but no trunk even as option. However, there are now several lugagge racks available. In addition, I am considering installing a removable trunk like Givi or harley clone on a luggage rack with passenger backrest for when I do have a passenger.

6. The Value. Vision starts at $20,999. It does have abs, cruise, power windshield, heated grips and seat, rear speakers, trunk, six gears. I have a base Honda F6B, msrp $19,999. I bought it for $17,600 brand new, this was my out the door price (I live in SC). I don't know if Victory dealers would deal as much on new Vision. Vision comes better equipped with extras, but to me the engine and handling won over extras. I rarely use cruise as I pretty much ride on two lane back roads. I have heated Gerbing jacket and gloves which are more effective than heated seat and grips. Power windshield would have been nice but I use Baggershield 19" adjustable windshield which I like as it is dark tinted and really complements the look of my black bike. I am looking for a new seat. No need for trunk, I prefer the clean rear end look of F6B. ABS would be nice but not necessarry. I used to have abs on my BMW K1200LT but in 8 years and over 80,000 miles of ownership never once have I used it. F6B has very powerful brakes anyway. Six speed tranny would be welcomed, however five speed on F6B seems well proportioned I'm not sure I need it. Reverse would be more useful, however I just don't park downwards and I'm OK. I've got used to that riding since I was 19 (now 45).

I would propose that F6B may hold it's value better than Vision due to: less polarizing design cues, also Goldwings usually hold their value pretty good and F6B is basically a cooler GW, it is a Honda and it has undeniable reliability, longevity of its motor and transmission, less mechanical issues if any.

Another consideration is dealer network, obviously Honda wins hands down on this one. That said, I am following new Indian with great anticipation as it just may be my next cruiser. By the way, F6B is my touring mount and I keep a Harley as a cruiser and light tourer.

Finally here are the two pictures of both Vision and F6B I find appealing. Cheers!

1951vbs
12-16-2013, 08:16 PM
I traded a Vision for the F6B. I put 28,000 trouble free miles on the Vision and really liked the stock power compared to a new HD. The Vision IMO is a much more comfortable bike. You can streth out on the floorboards and the stock seat does not need to be changed. It is the most comfortable stock M/C seat I have ever experienced. The weather protection is better than the F6B and the power windshield allows you to adjust for the sweet spot of buffetting and noise reduction. Your feet are even protected. Sooooo...why did I switch:
1) As good as it was I never got used to the looks. I didn't hate it, I even appreciate that Victory built it. I took the trunk off (they make a filler panel) and it really looked a lot better (F6B vs Goldwing better) but then the bags are quite limited in what you can carry.
2) Too much weather protection. Nice in the winter way to hot in the summer. I installed the accessory wind vents and it helps but 90+ and air cooled engine behind a big fairing is a bad combo.
3) Vision engine is better than a stock HD but not as good as a hopped up HD or a F6B. I didn't want to spend $2-3000 for cams and performance stuff so I bought a bike with an engine and watercooled to boot.

I have outfitted the F6B with aero highway pegs, Russell seat and Kuryaykn lowered mni-boards and it is much better, not Vision comfy but good.

The Vision is big, feels big but handles pretty well. The F6b is a little smaller, feels even smaller yet and handles like a dream. I also have been waiting for Honda to do this (the F6B) for a while and wanted one as soon as they came out.

Good luck with your choice, you can't go wrong with either.

CBXBob
12-16-2013, 08:29 PM
Both great bikes. Actually prefer Vision over the new Indian. F6 is easier to handle at slow speeds , not as top heavy, and has smoother ,broader power band ,but I am a runt. The Vision is very comfortable, and no real vibration when underway. With ride and handling at mid speeds close on both, the high speed edge is to the Honda also. As a big guy you may like the vision better. I may be biased as I own the F6b. YOU really need to test ride both, Personally. You can't go wrong with either. Victory Demo trailer is at all major events, as is Honda, and travels around the country. They are really enthused and promote their product well with out being pushy. Larger dealers for both brands usually have a demo bike.

4DI2D
12-16-2013, 09:51 PM
I do believe you said you wanted "grunt".
The F6B has GRUNTTT!!!

I rode mine around in 2nd and 5th gears for a week or so just because I could. Try that with any V twin and see how many times it stalls after trying to buck you out of the saddle.

previous ride was an '06 Night Train with some great mods, Power Commander, gear cams etc. LOVED IT! But not as much as my F6B. Sold the hog. Very happy now!

austin_tech
12-16-2013, 10:24 PM

Sounds like you already like the Vision more based on your post. You say the Vision fits like a glove and you like the growl. The F6 doesn't quite fit, need pegs, don't like the flat six quietness, etc. Like the other guys, I say try both. In fact, that is exactly what I set out to do about two months ago, I was basically at the same crossroads you are.

Here's my Vision vs. F6B story:

a) I went into our one Victory dealer in the city, and told them where I was (F6 versus Vision), and inquired about a test ride.

b) I got the runaround for two hours. The guy showed me videos of some cop doing parking lot maneuvers on a Victory Cross Country. He at one point pulled up his shirt sleeve and showed me his gay, tacky Victory tattoo on his arm. He then told me he's an ex-law enforcement guy and literally asked me if I was one. I guess he didn't like how I said I wasn't, but that I was a veteran and qualified for their $1000 discount or whatever.

c) When I asked about that test ride, they said they would have to do a credit check or take $500 deposit first (have any of you guys seen that? I've test rode bikes at three different (non-Vic) dealers in town, never got asked for deposit or credit check).

d) I almost balked, but then thought f---, I guess this is the only way I'm going to get to try a new Vision unless I drive to Killeen (>100 mi away), so I told him I'd drop my credit card for the stupid deposit.

e) THEN he says they can't do same day test rides. Because they need time to gas up and fire up the bike and "schedule" a sales guy to go with me, and they're short. Believe it or not, I had so much time invested with this clown, I agreed to "schedule" a test ride for that coming Saturday.

f) I happened to get a morning off at work (my meetings were cancelled), and like most of you guys probably, my time is at a premium -- I'm a married guy, work two jobs and have two school-age kids and I coach and sh*t. So I called Victory guy and asked if I could come in that morning (like they're busy at 9AM on a weekday?) and do that test ride -- the weather was beautiful too. "OH NO, SIR, WE DO NOT DO TEST RIDES ON THE SAME DAY THEY ARE REQUESTED." I told him he and his dealer must not like to sell bikes. The end.

g) Instead, I went to another dealer, test rode three different bikes (including the closest thing they had to a Victory/Cross Country style big twin, a Vaquero or something -- didn't like it). I'd literally come back on one bike, homeboy had the next one running and waiting. Yeah, I told him about the Victory guy :icon_biggrin: But you know what, he hooked me up and I fell in love with the F6. Never looking back.

And no, I never did test ride a Vision. I'm sure they're nice. But you know how it is when you get a bad taste about something. I've put 1300 miles on my F6B in a little over a month, and there's been quite a few non-ride days with the weather in that span. Just a kick-ass bike.

Best of luck in your decision.
-->Russ

opas ride
12-16-2013, 11:09 PM
Russ...you sure have a lot more patience and coolness than me I quess...I would have told the Victory dealer to "shove it" and walked out. The dealer you went to should be turned in to the Victory customer service people and let them deal with this jerk who, from what you described, does not want to sell many bikes...One of the reasons I traded my Vision for the Honda F6B is Victory dealers that have a clue what is going on are few and far between in my area...Granted the Honda dealer I choose is 125 miles away, but they have great sales people, competent techs and staff that cares about the customer....There is one Victory dealer near me which is top notch and does an outstanding job in all respects and a customer can test ride any bike any time if they look serious about buying a bike...I just chose to go with the F6B instead of another Vic or Indian because it was what I wanted and felt the best with...One side note for what it is worth, Victory's, especially the Visions, do not bring much in re-sale or traded value compared to Honda, HD, and BMW....After I retired from my job several years ago I worked for a dealer, similar to the one you visited, and they would not allow test rides at all period....Lost a lot of sales as a result, but I was told it was an insurance thing and very costly for the dealer....Oh well, enjoy the ride.......

ths61
12-16-2013, 11:55 PM
Russ,

Sorry you got the run around. It doesn't sound like that dealer wants to sell any bikes.

I have never had those issues with Victory dealers on the West coast. My dealer took me on a 3-hour test ride (wifey riding 2 up) though the mountain twisties, country roads and highways. Victory sends the factory truck around to various dealerships and bike shows for demo rides all day long (ride as many times as you want and whatever model you like). All you have to do is show a valid driver's license and sign the waiver. Granted, the factory truck rides are pretty canned, but the 3 hour mountain twistie ride wasn't =).

I am still trying to find a place to test ride a F6B. So far, 3 dealerships do not have any demo F6B's and haven't found any rental places that carry them. I have had my Vision since the fall of 2007 and am considering a trade.

Sincerely,
Tim

Hornblower
12-17-2013, 10:22 AM
So hornblower u have know regrets of leaving the rocket3 & u like the power of the f6b

Yes, Big John, I still miss the ole Rocket 3 at times but not enough to go looking for another one. The R3 power was breath-taking, especially the way mine was tuned. It would totally launch :yikes:. I mean, we're talking around 150 RWHP vs around 100 for the F6B. Even so, the power on the F6B is certainly adequate and definitely more usable so, all-in-all, I'm happy with it, even compared to the monster R3.

Scotrod
12-17-2013, 11:29 AM
I test rode the Vision once. No real complaints,,, Feet/legs were a little warm going down the road, but I've heard the air wings help flush the hot air out. Did feel a little top heavy with the trunk, but nothing I didn't expect. Elec. shield was nice. Has a 'foot forward' feel that I was accustomed to. (Pretty happy with just mini boards on my 6,,, Not really sure forward pegs are necessary for me anymore)

Bought my F6B w/o a test ride. (Sat on one at the local dealer multiple times! LOL!!!) Honda of Houston was offering demo's back when I wasn't interested in the 6,,, Not sure what their policy is now.

austin_tech
12-17-2013, 11:43 AM
I test rode the Vision once. No real complaints,,, Feet/legs were a little warm going down the road, but I've heard the air wings help flush the hot air out. Did feel a little top heavy with the trunk, but nothing I didn't expect. Elec. shield was nice. Has a 'foot forward' feel that I was accustomed to. (Pretty happy with just mini boards on my 6,,, Not really sure forward pegs are necessary for me anymore)

Bought my F6B w/o a test ride. (Sat on one at the local dealer multiple times! LOL!!!) Honda of Houston was offering demo's back when I wasn't interested in the 6,,, Not sure what their policy is now.

The dealer I bought from let me demo ride a black F6B right off the showroom. They took 20 minutes to gas/battery make it "hot". I was actually a little nervous. I snapped a pic of the "0" odometer just for grins. The trip odo showed 0.6 -- perhaps that was a test ride at the plant?

What a blast -- now those guys want to sell bikes!

motozeke
12-17-2013, 12:55 PM
I've been pretty sold on the F6B for a while, but I didn't want to rule out the Victory Cross Country Tour. I sat on one at the Long Beach IMS and found the forward controls really awkward for me, as the position put all the weight right in my tailbone. Didn't like it. But I did ask about a test ride, and was told that Victory does them twice a year, in the fall and spring, and the next one was the spring. Now that's not to say that individual dealers wouldn't have their own test ride program, but my local Honda dealer (Huntington Beach Honda) told me just to bring in my license and a helmet and they'd put me on the road. Easy peasy. Had a nice test ride right in my own neighborhood, came back and threw down a deposit. Bike comes in on Saturday. 'riding'

As with all things, YMMV.

Scotrod
12-17-2013, 11:02 PM
"Bike comes in on Saturday",,,,

:woohoo:

CONGRATULATIONS, MotoZeke!!!!!! :yes:

dickiedeals
12-19-2013, 12:22 AM
Coming from 40+ years of riding Harley. Its F6B all the way.........Dickie

xzvs
12-19-2013, 09:01 PM
I have been a rider for a lot of years and did my sport bike - hooligan bit -- but I fell in love about 3 years ago with a Honda Valkyrie -- now I have ridden about everything on the planet (and still currently own a Hayabusa) including a rocket III (which I liked) but the intuitive handling of the f6b just blew me away -- hard to explain but it does sport bike stuff better than most sport bikes. I am in fact a Honda tech and I ride wings all the time yet the f6 feels like a different beast. I'll never look back or regret this purchase (guys i ride with have big bore v-twins and call it the stealth- I just zip away-- santa is bringing exhaust which should change that)

motozeke
12-20-2013, 02:25 AM
the intuitive handling of the f6b just blew me away -- hard to explain but it does sport bike stuff better than most sport bikes. I am in fact a Honda tech and I ride wings all the time yet the f6 feels like a different beast.

I didn't have the chance to hit any twisty roads on my test ride, but I did play with dancing around in a lane at speed and I was surprised by what I can best describe as a really "light on it's feet" sensation coupled with a really stable, grounded sensation. Just a really user-friendly ride.

I've owned a Ducati Multistrada for a couple of years and even though it's what--300 pounds lighter?--the F6B felt easier to handle in every way. Easier to get on and off the side stand, easier to maneuver, less top heavy, and way more comfortable. I only wish this bike had been around in 2011.

motozeke
12-20-2013, 02:27 AM
"Bike comes in on Saturday",,,,

:woohoo:

CONGRATULATIONS, MotoZeke!!!!!! :yes:

Thanks Scotrod! The bike isn't even here yet and I've already received a new Cee Bailey windscreen, a belly pan and a set of Throttlemeisters. I have the BikeMP3 rack on order. :yes: