PDA

View Full Version : Seeking input: pre-purposing the OEM square hole for Nav

parenfroe
06-15-2021, 08:40 PM
My 2013 F6B deluxe doesn't have Nav--but it has the square mounting hole & cover in front of my right knee, beneath the gripwarmer control. As a resin caster I'm interested in creating my own phone or drink holder apparatus and securing it into the hole. Any input is welcome. Has anyone else done that?7994

willtill
06-15-2021, 08:47 PM
No, but I have mounted the Honda voltmeter in that square. I'm wanting to install some sort of beverage holder below that area though. There's enough room (at least for me) between my knee when I'm siting on the F6B for that...

parenfroe
06-15-2021, 08:51 PM
No, but I have mounted the Honda voltmeter in that square. I'm wanting to install some sort of beverage holder below that area though. There's enough room (at least for me) between my knee when I'm siting on the F6B for that...

If I come up with something I will post it and make it available to you.

willtill
06-15-2021, 09:06 PM
If I come up with something I will post it and make it available to you.

Appreciate that, thanks!

maxrider
06-16-2021, 08:10 AM
Sounds like a great idea, very much interested, subscribed.

parenfroe
06-16-2021, 08:45 PM
My first question for anyone's input is how much room is available on the inside of that Nav hole--maybe someone knows the approximate depth?

willtill
06-17-2021, 04:51 AM
My first question for anyone's input is how much room is available on the inside of that Nav hole--maybe someone knows the approximate depth?

I can't give you a precise measurement at the moment; this is the gauge that many of us have mounted in the square. Probably 1.50" in depth and then the radiator is very close behind it.

https://wingstuff.com/products/3760-waterproof-lighted-volt-meter

rdbonds
06-17-2021, 01:30 PM
Just curious...how small is your Navi?