PDA

View Full Version : Lower Mini Boards with Heel/Toe Shifter

Tourer
06-24-2021, 08:14 PM
Have a 2013 with mini floorboards. Want to lower the boards and also install a heel toe shifter. Can’t get my boots above the shifter to downshift. Have had Wings with heel toe but all seem to be up too high. Any suggestions. Thanks.

Navvet
06-24-2021, 11:16 PM
Have a 2013 with mini floorboards. Want to lower the boards and also install a heel toe shifter. Can’t get my boots above the shifter to downshift. Have had Wings with heel toe but all seem to be up too high. Any suggestions. Thanks.

I am tall with long legs so my solution may not work for you. I added the Roadsmith comfort controls to move my pegs and controls down and forward. Roadsmith also provides for great adjustment for the shifter and brake. I then added regular floorboards and heal/toe shifter. I have difficulty shifting with my heaviest boots but all of my other riding foot ware works great.

SeaSteve
06-25-2021, 09:58 AM
Ive got an aftermarket part that lowers the stock pegs 1 to 2 inches and forward a little. I wanted them to give my long legs a bit more room BUT removed them because I drug them too much for my liking. I can send you pictures if you're interested in their design.

I've gotten over feeling like my "feet are tucked under my a$$" and had the shifter modified by DHS Racing (http://www.dhsracing.com/GL-1800.htm) so I could adjust it much more precisely.