PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control???

STULEr
08-02-2021, 01:11 PM
So recently installed an OMNI CRUISE system, not a fan at all so looking to return. I have experience with throttlemeister as well but i understand they went out of business... DOes anyone have any links to a good, solid cruise control? I ride a 14 F6B deluxe with heated grips.

rdbonds
08-02-2021, 06:38 PM
Are you looking at both throttle-lock style cruise and electronic, or are you set on throttle locks?

If you are willing to go electronic, you'll get better results. Rostra can be had for ~250-300 all in if you install yourself. MC Cruise has a system as well, but is much more expensive.

DaWadd
08-03-2021, 07:26 AM
BrakeAway makes a nice unit. I have a Kaoko throttle control on mine and works fine.

seventwenty
08-03-2021, 09:30 AM
Just an FYI: Rostra specifically states that it’s not for motorcycles, they do not support the installation.

Very first question in the FAQ section.

I’m not saying it doesn’t work but with no support, why risk the time and $$$ and then have an issue.

wjduke
08-03-2021, 10:33 AM
Just an FYI: Rostra specifically states that it’s not for motorcycles, they do not support the installation.

I’m not saying it doesn’t work but with no support, why risk the time and $$$ and then have an issue.

My friend installed a Rostra universal 1223 (?) on his Kawasaki Concours and it performed flawlessly, just saying….he installed it on his M109 back in the day also.

rdbonds
08-03-2021, 07:17 PM

With the help of information found here in this forum (and on the sister F6C forum), I've installed 3 Rostras on bikes with no issues. My F6b, a friend's F6b, and my R1200GSA. Of course, I'm not a lawyer, so I can't comment on why they recommend against it, and your milage may vary (YMMV). :)

rdbonds
08-03-2021, 07:21 PM
OP - If you're interested in learning more about the parts needed to do Rostra, this thread has the parts list.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?13959-cruise-control&highlight=rostra

wjduke
08-04-2021, 04:00 PM
My friend also mentioned that Rostra came OEM on Victory Cross Country’s. I can’t explain their motorcycle legality thing.

Donncat
09-21-2021, 09:40 AM
I had an MC Cruise on my former F6B for 5 years and it was PERFECT. I liked it better than any previous Honda cruise (my new 21 Tour cruise is superb). I recommend MC Cruise wholeheartedly. You're riding a $20-30K motorcycle. Spend the money and get a motorcycle designed cruise control. Just Sayin

blackmetoc
09-24-2021, 09:48 PM
I had an MC Cruise on my former F6B for 5 years and it was PERFECT. I liked it better than any previous Honda cruise (my new 21 Tour cruise is superb). I recommend MC Cruise wholeheartedly. You're riding a $20-30K motorcycle. Spend the money and get a motorcycle designed cruise control. Just Sayin

I installed a McC on mine and it worked well. I did have the computer go out so it was very expensive to ship stuff back and forth to Australia. It worked SUPER well otherwise.