PDA

View Full Version : You'll love my HD fail

glengarrygr
08-08-2021, 10:56 AM
Yesterday I decided to hit "Hot August Nights" classic/custom car show in Reno and old Virginia City, NV. I decided to take my 2014 Harley CVO breakout..show a little bling as we toured the event. I pull into the breakfast diner. I smell gas. I look and the gas is pouring out from the fuel line under the tank. Not dripping...streaming. I received a major ribbing from my pals who all were on metrics and 1 Ducati.

Good news is I was only 5 min from a Harley Dealer. I called and left a message 30 minutes before they opened. Within 20 minutes they arrived with an F250 with a cradle snatching ramp...took it to the dealer. I purchased this bike a year ago with only 900 miles on it. It now has 1400. The problem was a failed Oring on the 90 degree fuel connection part under the tank. Service tech said this part is known to fail over time due to dry rot. Anyway, I jumped on the back of my friend's Honda to go get my reliable F6B. Day saved. :rolleyes:

rdbonds
08-08-2021, 07:06 PM
Glad you're ok, and it didn't cause a fire.

Steelplayer
08-08-2021, 09:11 PM
Had a metric cruiser , and ran it out of gas. Float stuck at the bottom of the bowl . Filling with gas, it's pouring out all over,can't see from where. Several groups of riders wished me good luck, too bad.

It was a guy with an old HD who came back with a truck and saved my bacon. Super Sketchy area. I was lucky. Thanks HD guy!

shortleg0521
08-17-2021, 08:20 PM
We all have stories of saving or being saved. That is what being a biker is
All about.

SeaSteve
08-18-2021, 08:19 AM
What I take from the story is...Harley service is so good because they get the most practice. :cool:

Glad everything worked out.