PDA

View Full Version : Real Gas!

F6Dave
09-28-2021, 09:56 AM
I was in Glenwood Springs, Colorado last week for my high school reunion, and saw something unusual: a gas station that ONLY sold ethanol free gas. They had 87, 89, and 91 octane, and even Sunoco 110 racing fuel. I've had problems with water collecting in E10 that sat around for several months, so I buy ethanol free for my bikes and mowers. The local Murphy Express carries it in one grade, but I haven't seen a station like this in decades.

http://dchealy.com/valk/real-gas.jpg

naga viper
09-28-2021, 11:21 AM
:clap2::clap2:Bravo for this station.
They crammed this garbage down our throats
I have a few stations that carry ethanol free
But they gouge the price almost $1.00 a gallon more
Except for one place none are close, but at least can
Get it.

SeaSteve
09-28-2021, 01:37 PM
You can always find the nearest Ethanol Free stations on this website (https://www.pure-gas.org/).

FLsixB
10-01-2021, 07:31 PM
Good site SeaSteve. Thanks

Ewreck
10-05-2021, 03:21 PM
There’s a couple stations near me in Severance that offer both. The price difference is a little much IMO.

tenxxx
10-06-2021, 10:12 PM
I stopped in for gas at a place in Damascus Ohio yesterday for some real gas that was on the map at that web site.
Sign on the building said ethanol free gas. I filled up, went in to pay and asked if it was really ethanol free.
They said no.
So scratch that one off the list.

Eternalydamd
10-07-2021, 11:56 AM
I stopped in for gas at a place in Damascus Ohio yesterday for some real gas that was on the map at that web site.
Sign on the building said ethanol free gas. I filled up, went in to pay and asked if it was really ethanol free.
They said no.
So scratch that one off the list.

Last time I checked false advertising was illegal, that's pretty messed up of them to advertise as such.

F6Dave
10-07-2021, 12:44 PM
If the pump was actually labeled incorrectly there's probably a state agency that could cite them for that. I've noticed that some entries on that website are out of date, but users often make posts under the Details section warning others about the problems.

tenxxx
10-07-2021, 05:44 PM
No label on the pumps. Only on the side of the building.
Today the owner laughed at me when I ask.
The sign is for the pumps out back and they have been out of order for a few years.