PDA

View Full Version : F6B horn comedy

austin_tech
12-18-2013, 09:39 AM
Any of you guys notice the horn button on the left, with the extended lever, is just a tad too touchy and far to easy to inadvertently touch?

I was pulling into a parking lot on the way to work this morning and as I was maneuvering, wanted to hit the mute on the radio. :icon_doh: HHHHOOONNNNNKKKK! :icon_doh: Once again, accidentally skimmed the horn button on the way to the mute, causing all local humans within a 50-yard radius to look at me like I'm some kind of deranged freak. Freaking funny, but embarrassing! And this happens at least once or twice a week in slow-speed conditions; last week I tried to cancel my signal near a crosswalk and accidentally blasted the horn, causing two people in the street to turn and run.

Any of you have similar issues, or do I need to get my thumb checked out? I'm considering grinding the lever extension off of that bad boy . . .

-->Russ

Westernbiker
12-18-2013, 09:50 AM
Any of you guys notice the horn button on the left, with the extended lever, is just a tad too touchy and far to easy to inadvertently touch?

I was pulling into a parking lot on the way to work this morning and as I was maneuvering, wanted to hit the mute on the radio. :icon_doh: HHHHOOONNNNNKKKK! :icon_doh: Once again, accidentally skimmed the horn button on the way to the mute, causing all local humans within a 50-yard radius to look at me like I'm some kind of deranged freak. Freaking funny, but embarrassing! And this happens at least once or twice a week in slow-speed conditions; last week I tried to cancel my signal near a crosswalk and accidentally blasted the horn, causing two people in the street to turn and run.

Any of you have similar issues, or do I need to get my thumb checked out? I'm considering grinding the lever extension off of that bad boy . . .

-->Russ

A couple of times I have had that happen in slow rolls. A couple times it was in my driveway at 5 AM. Rolled the bike out of the garage, started her up, I'm standing on the left side of the bike and open the faring storage door to get garage door opener/closer and HHHHOOOOOONNNNNNKKKKKK at 5 AM, I'm sure the neighbors loved it! LMAO! :icon_mrgreen:

Retired Army
12-18-2013, 09:58 AM
Go to your friendly neighborhood surgeon & have him install a smaller diameter thumb. :crackup:

GiddyupF6B
12-18-2013, 10:04 AM
I have my garage door opener in the left cubby....I cannot tell you how many times I have hit that damn horn button reaching to open the garage scaring the shyt out of myself and probably waking a few people up! :icon_redface:

austin_tech
12-18-2013, 10:08 AM
A couple of times I have had that happen in slow rolls. A couple times it was in my driveway at 5 AM. Rolled the bike out of the garage, started her up, I'm standing on the left side of the bike and open the faring storage door to get garage door opener/closer and HHHHOOOOOONNNNNNKKKKKK at 5 AM, I'm sure the neighbors loved it! LMAO! :icon_mrgreen:

:lolup::lolup::lolup:

GONRDN
12-18-2013, 10:30 AM
Those are so funny stories. My friends always say how loud the horn is on a F6B and I really never noticed it. I guess it is louder then normal.

Hambly434
12-18-2013, 10:40 AM
Please let me know what remedies the doctor prescribes I have all the same symptoms.

Scotrod
12-18-2013, 11:13 AM
Go to your friendly neighborhood surgeon & have him install a smaller diameter thumb. :crackup:

Best answer so far!!!!

Might try unplugging the horn,,,

Tighten the loose nut behind the bars??? :shrug:

hiflyer
12-18-2013, 11:19 AM
Amazing how hard to find that horn button is at the exact time you need it to blast a warning.

Retired Army
12-18-2013, 11:34 AM
The real irony in this thread is every one at some time or another suffer with a stuck switch now we are getting too horny.:jerkit:

Hook
12-18-2013, 01:04 PM
I don't have that problem:039:
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m250/hooksup2/0315131618b_zps4c4405b2.jpg (http://s106.photobucket.com/user/hooksup2/media/0315131618b_zps4c4405b2.jpg.html)

buefchris
12-18-2013, 01:09 PM
I have my garage door opener in the left cubby....I cannot tell you how many times I have hit that damn horn button reaching to open the garage scaring the shyt out of myself and probably waking a few people up! :icon_redface:

I thought it was just me but yea, I hit that button a lot more than I want to.

F6BPDX
12-18-2013, 02:44 PM
I don't have that problem:039:
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m250/hooksup2/0315131618b_zps4c4405b2.jpg (http://s106.photobucket.com/user/hooksup2/media/0315131618b_zps4c4405b2.jpg.html)

Hook, if it's all the same to you, while I think you have found a very effective solution to the accidental horn issue I am going to do my best to refrain from implementing it personally. :yikes:

4DI2D
12-18-2013, 08:50 PM
The obvious answer is play more video games and text, don't talk. It raises your dexterity levels!:icon_mrgreen:

dickiedeals
12-19-2013, 12:12 AM
yep been there done that a couple times myself. Always makes who ever is around about jump outa their skin,,
I found it strange that the turn signal buttons were both on the left side. HD has one on the left, one on the right and pushing them at the same time activates the hazard lights..... Dickie:yikes:

gray rider
12-19-2013, 09:01 PM
My hands are arthritic so I've blown my own horn at too many inappropriate times. The horn is LOUD! Which is normally desirable. I can yell louder through my full face helmet than the horn on my Vmax but for some reason I never accidentally hit the button on that bike.

xzvs
12-19-2013, 09:08 PM
I did it sorta accidentally to the lawn guy at the dealership who had earphones on-- he was blowing grass erratically and looked to step out right in front of me - so I stood on the horn and scared him -- I apologized to him and he said no man I thought it was a truck or something

dickiedeals
12-20-2013, 08:56 AM

Yea, What he said. I too have mine mounted on the cubby hold inside lid. Beep the Horn with my arm. I think my neighbors think the horn operates the garage door. I'm Probably not the most popular guy on the Block in my quiet Neighborhood.............Dickie

JesseS
12-20-2013, 06:15 PM
I as well used to keep my garage door opener in the left cubbie, and yes I did hit the horn by accident more than once, remedied that by installing a 'Flash-2-Pass' system, now all I have to do is flash the high beams twice to open/close the garage door. Well worth the price as it makes it very easy to open and close the door, even with gloves on, and I don't have an opener to get stolen or lost.
You can get more info here http://www.electricalconnection.com/electrical-components/garage-opener.htm

Slingah
04-14-2014, 09:42 PM
Great thread...being use to the wimpy horn on my VTX, I was surprised at how loud the F6B horn is. So being a wise guy when taking the wife out we went under a concrete bridge and I blasted the horn :yikes:.....had that planned for about a mile out :lolup:

BuzzzPhotos
04-14-2014, 09:56 PM
This horn button is touchy but I like the ease of use in an emergency situation. Love the LOUD for that situation. I know we've all been there a time or 2.horn-blower

badpapi
06-14-2014, 07:38 AM
Great thread...being use to the wimpy horn on my VTX, I was surprised at how loud the F6B horn is. So being a wise guy when taking the wife out we went under a concrete bridge and I blasted the horn :yikes:.....had that planned for about a mile out :lolup:

I also think this horn is better then the vtx 1800 but before I have this bike I though the vtx have the best sounding horn out there .
Mother Honda Just keep Impressing me over the years

Wild Bill
06-14-2014, 02:40 PM
Thanks Guys I don't feel so bad now. Was ridin with a buddy and his wife on our new wings and pulled into a gas station behind him and went for mute and hit horn.Scarded him bad enough he almost dropped his bike. Of course he was "what did I do?Did I cut you off?" All I could do was laugh.

99m3
06-14-2014, 10:40 PM
This post sure makes me feel better, I hit my horn at least three times on Saturday, it's a little embarassing sometimes. But now I'm going with the comedy of it all.

Rustysocket
06-14-2014, 11:11 PM
This post sure makes me feel better, I hit my horn at least three times on Saturday, it's a little embarassing sometimes. But now I'm going with the comedy of it all.

I've done the same thing. Scared myself a couple of times. Seems to happen as I'm either pulling to a stop and trying to mute the radio. I've gotten some funny looks and my daughter asks why I'm honking at everyone.

Mustangjake
06-14-2014, 11:34 PM
We'll I never have so after this post I am sure I will !
PS I don't listen to the radio (ever) they could have traded me for cruise control

shooter
06-15-2014, 05:05 PM
That's the best horn I've ever heard on a stock bike. I have hit it accidentally several times. When you do it, no matter where you are, wave, then they think you did it on purpose.

99m3
06-16-2014, 09:27 PM
I've done the same thing. Scared myself a couple of times. Seems to happen as I'm either pulling to a stop and trying to mute the radio. I've gotten some funny looks and my daughter asks why I'm honking at everyone.

This was funny.