PDA

View Full Version : New way to pick up a bike

blackmetoc
10-10-2021, 04:51 PM
So, Robert Simmons showed on hit YouTube channel a different way to pick up a bike. Now, I know you riding professionals on this forum have never dropped your B, but me, relative noob that I am, have...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNDkyZHfFS4

This is different than the go low and walk backwards.

Video comment that made me laugh, "This is really cool! I am going to knock over my buddies bike and give this a try!" LOL

Cali261
10-10-2021, 08:24 PM
Interesting, but I hope I don’t have to try it.

willtill
10-10-2021, 08:26 PM
fast forward to 7:45 in that video and he gets right to the point.

I can see straining my back on that method, no matter how well I try to execute everything that he talks through. I'll keep using the "butt in the seat and walk backwards" method.

blackmetoc
10-10-2021, 08:48 PM
The new GW does not have the protection the B does. Dropping it will be more damaging, no matter what method is used to pick it back up!

Sorcerer
10-10-2021, 08:59 PM
That guys arms can pick up more weight that my legs can.

blackmetoc
10-10-2021, 09:08 PM
He is a big dude, yes.

rdbonds
10-11-2021, 07:35 AM
fast forward to 7:45 in that video and he gets right to the point.

I can see straining my back on that method, no matter how well I try to execute everything that he talks through. I'll keep using the "butt in the seat and walk backwards" method.

Agree Willtill. Any minor bend in the back could be problematic with the method the video proposes, and I don't trust myself to do it "perfectly". Through many rear tire changes, I'm pretty comfy with laying the old gal over on her side (onto foam padding) and getting her back up again the way you describe.

SeaSteve
10-11-2021, 02:11 PM
TOTALLY AGREE!! DON'T use this method if you have back issues!!

Also, to get pass all the "I Love Me" stuff, start at 7:40 to watch the procedure.

The CVO didn't come up as easily.

MisterB
10-12-2021, 02:38 AM
Thanks for deterring me from watching it, bad back but the stupid streak that caused it still lingers. I'll stick to the traditional method!
BTW, I've used the old faithful method when laying it down for rear wheel servicing, bars locked, in gear, wasn't bad.