PDA

View Full Version : Natchez Trace

blackmetoc
10-31-2021, 09:06 PM
I rode a good portion of the Natchez Trace. I picked it up near Jackson, MS, and rode it up into TN. I stopped, got some pics along the way, then boogied home. The leaves are just starting to turn. I suspect next weekend will be gorgeous. There are a couple water falls, Elvis's Birthplace, and some cool history along the way. I highly recommend the Parkway. It is not a tough technical ride, but the road is well maintained, no stops, and the traffic is light. Watch out for deer though!

Elroy
11-01-2021, 12:19 PM
Good to know. The Natchez Trace has been on my "list" for a while now.

FarsideF6B
11-02-2021, 07:13 AM
:cool: A Great ride for a long weekend. I've been up the Natchez Trace a couple times. Starting in Natchez, MS both times in the Spring, going all the way up to Nashville. I agree it is not a skilled ride by any means. Rode with my cousin the first time and leading 9 on another. The road was in great condition and like blackmetoc said with little traffic. No semi's or commerical trucks allowed. The speed limit is policed so be careful if you like the throttle. We stopped at many sites but I do recommend a visit to Vicksburg. I think the upper part of the Natchez Trace is the best part of the ride. :cheers:

blackmetoc
11-04-2021, 07:06 PM
:cool: A Great ride for a long weekend. I've been up the Natchez Trace a couple times. Starting in Natchez, MS both times in the Spring, going all the way up to Nashville. I agree it is not a skilled ride by any means. Rode with my cousin the first time and leading 9 on another. The road was in great condition and like blackmetoc said with little traffic. No semi's or commerical trucks allowed. The speed limit is policed so be careful if you like the throttle. We stopped at many sites but I do recommend a visit to Vicksburg. I think the upper part of the Natchez Trace is the best part of the ride. :cheers:

Now, the leaves are changing, so the next couple weeks will be pretty. The northern part has more relief and curves. I will run over to Natchez one weekend as there is a lot of old MS money and history there. Pretty architecture.

blackmetoc
11-04-2021, 07:10 PM

blackmetoc
11-04-2021, 07:15 PM

blackmetoc
11-04-2021, 07:23 PM