PDA

View Full Version : LOOKING FOR INDOOR COVER FOR LESS THAN $75

KenSk8Man
12-18-2013, 07:50 PM
I'm looking for an inexpensive yet reasonable quality indoor cover. I keep the bike in the garage, but the dust is killing me. Any ideas? I think a std GoldWing cover might be too large? Any and all suggestions welcomed.

bob109
12-18-2013, 08:01 PM
I'm looking for an inexpensive yet reasonable quality indoor cover. I keep the bike in the garage, but the dust is killing me. Any ideas? I think a std GoldWing cover might be too large? Any and all suggestions welcomed.

Try either a Twin or Queen size fitted bed sheet. They have elastic sewn into the corners. Readily available, they should do the trick of keeping dust off your cycle:icon_biggrin:

KenSk8Man
12-18-2013, 08:10 PM
Try either a Twin or Queen size fitted bed sheet. They have elastic sewn into the corners. Readily available, they should do the trick of keeping dust off your cycle:icon_biggrin:

Ha Haaa! Great minds think alike ;)

I've been using a queen sized fitted sheet over the last month, and it works almost adequately, but the kids asked what they could get me for Christmas.

Don't wanna let the opportunity for a free upgrade slip by :)

bob109
12-18-2013, 08:15 PM
Ha Haaa! Great minds think alike ;)

I've been using a queen sized fitted sheet over the last month, and it works almost adequately, but the kids asked what they could get me for Christmas.

Don't wanna let the opportunity for a free upgrade slip by :)

Got Ya:icon_lol: When opportunity knocks open the door:cheers:

MichaelG
12-18-2013, 08:21 PM
Here ya go. http://wingstuff.com/shop/motorcycle_covers-f6b?keyword=covers

I bought one from here...WingStuff...for about $ 50.00 or less, and I am 100 % happy with it.

Order soon, and get it before Xmas. "coffee"

KenSk8Man
12-18-2013, 08:23 PM
Here ya go. http://wingstuff.com/shop/motorcycle_covers-f6b?keyword=covers

I bought one from here...WingStuff...for about $ 50.00 or less, and I am 100 % happy with it.

Order soon, and get it before Xmas. "coffee"

Which one did u get?

MichaelG
12-18-2013, 09:32 PM
Which one did u get?

This is the one I bought: http://wingstuff.com/products/719-grey-half-cover?context=motorcycle_covers-f6b&from_search=1

I already have two of the Geza covers, and they are great...BUT...not so good for parking in a motel parking lot, at night, in the rain, in Laramie, Wyoming, when some late night driver wants to back into my bike, and knock it over, because she could not SEE my bike, because it was all covered up, and covered with a flat black full cover.

Lesson learned...use the Geza cover on the bike first, then cover it a second time with the Silver colored cover, so that it stands out at night.

Those that have seen this Silver cover listed above, are very impressed with how small it packs up. I love it.

"coffee"

Steve 0080
12-18-2013, 10:21 PM
Funny... I use both... the sheet protects the bike from the cover !!!

KenSk8Man
12-18-2013, 11:04 PM
This is the one I bought: http://wingstuff.com/products/719-grey-half-cover?context=motorcycle_covers-f6b&from_search=1

I already have two of the Geza covers, and they are great...BUT...not so good for parking in a motel parking lot, at night, in the rain, in Laramie, Wyoming, when some late night driver wants to back into my bike, and knock it over, because she could not SEE my bike, because it was all covered up, and covered with a flat black full cover.

Lesson learned...use the Geza cover on the bike first, then cover it a second time with the Silver colored cover, so that it stands out at night.

Those that have seen this Silver cover listed above, are very impressed with how small it packs up. I love it.

"coffee"

So even though it's listed as a half cover, it covers the F6B in its entirety because of the lack of tour pack?

MichaelG
12-19-2013, 12:02 AM
So even though it's listed as a half cover, it covers the F6B in its entirety because of the lack of tour pack?

Ken, it does not come down all the way onto the front fender. But it does cover all of the front of the fairing, the sides of the fairing, the seat, down to the sidecovers, the saddlebags, and almost all of the rear of the bike. I have used this with the Kuryakyn Gran Traveler bag mounted on the back seat area, and it has enough room back there to completely cover that too.

On trips, I use this cover alone 50 % of the time, and I use it in conjunction with the Geza cover under this one...the other 50 % of the time.

The elastic straps that secure this cover to the bike are stout, and long, so they can easily reach your highway pegs, or the riders foot pegs, without over stretching them. Comes with a nice small stuff bag, and it works....that's the bottomline...it works.

"coffee"

Psssttt......buy it now from WingStuff...and have it by Xmas.

KenSk8Man
12-19-2013, 12:47 PM
On order! Thanks!

Ebony Deluxe
12-19-2013, 02:17 PM
Moving blanks work good for me, keeps the dust off, don't scratch, and protects against bumps, or falling objects.

gray rider
12-19-2013, 08:43 PM
I won an F6B cover at an open house at my local dealer. While it is a nice cover I can't recommend it for frequent on and off usage. In my case the cover goes on in October and is removed (usually) in May. The Honda cover is OK for my use but way, way, way too snug/tight to put on and off daily. My reaction to it is on the order of what were they thinking? It's so tight the plastic creaks and groans under the tension. An F5 tornado would blow the bike away but the cover would stay on it. I use bed sheets on my Vette. Easy on easy off and quick to launder. If the bike is inside that's all you need.

NCF6B
12-20-2013, 07:27 PM
I have a nylon lightweight cover that I have used on both my vtx and st1300. works great has some wear comes with a storage bag with zipper. you can have it for $10.00 plus shipping if you want it. just send me a PM. thanks