PDA

View Full Version : Stock F6B clear windshield owners

SpencerPJ
01-31-2022, 11:35 AM
Debating on getting a stock windshield, wanting stock owners opinions and guidance (or former stock owner).

History: Bought a 2013 F6B last fall, has the Ultimate King seat, great I am a 6’2” 290# man. After riding, I realized that I wanted risers and put on MBL risers, took care of my mild discomfort in back pain. Riding posture and comfort now seems good.

Now to the windshield. It currently has a Klock Werks smoked windshield with a flare top, measures 15” from rubber strip to top.
My dislikes with this windshield are it seems distorted in the curvature of the plastic, most issue is when navigating slower turns in country riding, where you are not looking down the road a ways. It gets some wonky color glares in open sunshine as well. Second dislike is there seems to be a cavity, almost a suction directly behind drivers head. I generally ride with helmet, but if I didn’t, the suction would pull a dew rag off easily. I also notice this when riding with my ½ helmet.

So the question: If you have or had the stock windshield that sits approx 16” above the rubber, what is or was your dislike. Obviously the closer you are to might height and set-up the better. I have an opportunity to buy a stock windshield reasonably, and I also have seen a Slipstreamer clear 19” that is similar to a previous bikes windshield that I liked. Any advise about the stock or Slipstreamer would be great. Lord knows we don’t need another windshield debate thread, if that were the case I’d probably lean for F4 or Madstat.

Thanks for your opinion, Paul

jm21ddd15
01-31-2022, 01:51 PM
The stock windshield on the F6B is a real shorty! It's usually the 1st thing that comes off the F6B by new owners. Maybe your thinking of the Full Gold Wing stock windshield. Most F6 owners have a stock windshield tossed in the garage or trash can. Most anything is better than the original F6 windshield.

perohijo
01-31-2022, 02:54 PM
I have a new OEM Honda Goldwing vented windshield still in the box. I only took it out for pictures. I know there are some others out there used. I decided to keep the aftermarket I got. My wife bought the new one for me last year.

perohijo
01-31-2022, 02:55 PM
I have a new OEM Honda Goldwing vented windshield still in the box. I only took it out for pictures. I know there are some others out there used. I decided to keep the aftermarket I got. My wife bought the new one for me last year. I'm asking $200.00 but I take BO.

SimonTemplar
01-31-2022, 06:04 PM
Might as well add my name to the list.....

I have a stock screen as well. Rode home from the dealer with it.....about 120 miles. Next day, I took it off and replaced it with a Clearview Shields recurve screen.

Stocker has been literally in a drawer ever since.

$120 takes it. I'm in NC...pick it up free, or pay packing and shipping. And if you are within riding distance....I'll even install it for you.

.....sT

rdbonds
01-31-2022, 08:10 PM
If by OEM, you mean the shorty 6-7 inch thing, you'll be "in the wind" from about chest up. Many years ago on my old Road Glide, that was the best setup I found for that bike. All other shield heights created terrible turbulence.

If by OEM, you mean the "factory tall" vented, I have one of those too that I negotiated into my purchase when new. I rode that one the 600 miles home (fly and ride to pick it up from Honda of Russellville), and the air hit me about chin level with a fair amount of wind noise and turbulence. I'm 6' 01" and long in the torso, so similar seated position to you.

Later, I got a Clearview Full Wing +4 (4 inches taller than a normal Full Wing shield) with a vent. It was a great shield, and pushed all the wind/turbulence over my head. It was amazing for highway use, but a bit hot in summer. Eventually tried a MadStad with 15" shield and never went back.

SpencerPJ
02-01-2022, 08:11 AM
Thank you

tenxxx
02-01-2022, 08:17 AM
The Madstad is the best for me. The bike came with a recurve and that was good too.

SeaSteve
02-01-2022, 12:03 PM
My 2016 came from the dealership in 2019 with a BaggerShield 11" Sport (https://www.baggershield.com/product/baggershield-honda-f6b-11-sport-shield/) shield. I'm 6'3" and raised it all the way to 12". With the stock seat and an Ultimate King...I LOVE the BaggerShield. I get no buffeting. Most of the wind goes over my head and I get a nice, comfortable downdraft down my face and chest which is WONDERFUL in the Central Texas Summers.

I did replace the shield with the Adjustable version (https://www.baggershield.com/product/baggershield-honda-f6b-11-to-19-adjustable/) so I could get more protection on longer interstate rides and from the rain and it works great for both. Still have the used 11" if anyone is interested.

seventwenty
02-01-2022, 12:55 PM
It won’t pull a rag off, I ride 100% of the time with a ball cap. The secret is wearing one with a mesh back. Crosswinds at slower speeds grab it also. If your interested, I’d be willing to trade a 14” Cee Bailey and/or the stock shorty that come fm Honda new. As others have said tho, you probably won’t want the stock “b” screen. I currently have the 14” klokwerks but have been wanting to try the taller one. The Cee Bailey was fine but I like the looks of the klokwerks.

Rickc
02-01-2022, 02:06 PM
Hey SpencerPJ, I'm 25 miles north of Indy. If you want to try a stock shield l have one you can use for awhile to decide. let me know sometime you can ride up and we can switch it out.

SpencerPJ
02-02-2022, 08:05 AM
Thanks Rickc, is your stock one the shorty or the one with a vent? Do you know overall height? And yes, that would be awesome if it seemed to be a taller one. It would be in the spring, but thanks (ps, my 2013 looks just like yours, lol).

Rickc
02-02-2022, 08:53 AM
I took off the short no vent stock shield it measures
10.5 " center height. If you want to Ride up this spring we can swap shields and try it out for awhile and decide if you like it.
As I re-read your intial Post you are asking about a taller shield so you may not be interested.

SpencerPJ
02-02-2022, 11:09 AM
Honestly, thanks for the offer, but I really feel I will be looking at least at the taller one with a vent.

Rickc
02-02-2022, 01:58 PM
No problem, maybe our paths will cross while riding.

valkmc
02-03-2022, 09:12 PM
My 2016 came from the dealership in 2019 with a BaggerShield 11" Sport (https://www.baggershield.com/product/baggershield-honda-f6b-11-sport-shield/) shield. I'm 6'3" and raised it all the way to 12". With the stock seat and an Ultimate King...I LOVE the BaggerShield. I get no buffeting. Most of the wind goes over my head and I get a nice, comfortable downdraft down my face and chest which is WONDERFUL in the Central Texas Summers.

I did replace the shield with the Adjustable version (https://www.baggershield.com/product/baggershield-honda-f6b-11-to-19-adjustable/) so I could get more protection on longer interstate rides and from the rain and it works great for both. Still have the used 11" if anyone is interested.

I rode my 2013 home from the dealership about 15 miles and said no way to the thing they called a windshield. Got the adjustable BaggerShield also. I love it, great for Florida summers, down for air and easy pop up when it rains. The bottom part of the shield has some adjustment also. I'm six foot even and mine is about half the way up! works great for me.

tenxxx
02-03-2022, 10:01 PM
With the mad steed I didn't notice much difference up or down. When its down I can see over it.
All I feel is a whisp of air on my ears. In colder weather I have to keep em covered with a half helmet.