PDA

View Full Version : F6B Top Box

Hornblower
12-19-2013, 12:18 PM
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee106/HornblowerR3/BillsTopBox.jpg (http://s233.photobucket.com/user/HornblowerR3/media/BillsTopBox.jpg.html) :yikes:

What we have here is a photo of Deer Slayer's special F6B Top Box. If you're having trouble seeing the details, it's a black plastic box with LED lights and it even says F6B on the back and front. There is also an LED controller inside that is programmable for varying light patterns. And yes, this was a gag gift presented to Deer Slayer (aka Bill) and I received one as well. It seems the group of mature (as opposed to old :icon_wink:) Gold Wing riders that Bill and I meet with each week for breakfast was somewhat put off by Bill's reference to their top boxes as "Granny Chairs". One morning, I made a comment about not being able to easily strap a spare rear wheel on my F6B to take it in for a tire change. Being quick of wit, one of the Gold Wing guys said, "well, if you had a Granny Chair" you could strap it to that" :lolup:. What followed this past week was being presented with our own special F6B top boxes. I think the addition of LED Christmas lights was in recognition of my well-known love for LED lights and tech gadgets in general. Bill and I are already planning on strapping on our special top boxes and showing up at our next breakfast meeting with this fun group. BTW, our group is known as the ROMEO group. It stands for "Retired Old Men Eating Out" which, it itself, gives you some idea of the pranksters these guys are. They definitely add some "spice" to my life. :crackup:

Scotrod
12-19-2013, 01:45 PM
I bet the holes in the top box help with drag,, create less wind resistance than the 'granny chair' version!!!! :yes:

The world truly needs more of this good - clean fun!!!!

Hornblower
12-19-2013, 02:07 PM
I bet the holes in the top box help with drag,, create less wind resistance than the 'granny chair' version!!!! :yes:

The world truly needs more of this good - clean fun!!!!

Oh, no doubt about that! BTW, I forgot to mention the Gold Wing riders behind this gag refer to themselves as members of TFOOGGRS (The Fraternal Order of Goldwing Grannychair Riders) :icon_special:

xzvs
12-19-2013, 08:18 PM
Maaaan mine just says recycle usa

Deer Slayer
12-19-2013, 09:23 PM
Oh, no doubt about that! BTW, I forgot to mention the Gold Wing riders behind this gag refer to themselves as members of TFOOGGRS (The Fraternal Order of Goldwing Grannychair Riders) :icon_special:

Nice post, Hornblower. 'all/right' Now let us view yours. Ha... Oh yeah, that's FOGGRS. :icon_goodpost:

Hornblower
12-20-2013, 08:10 AM
Nice post, Hornblower. 'all/right' Now let us view yours. Ha... Oh yeah, that's FOGGRS. :icon_goodpost:

I didn't add a picture of mine since it's just like yours and I figure if you've seen one, you've seen 'em all. And yes, I like your acronym better :clap2: We need to figure out a way to get the last laugh on these Granny Chair Riders :shhh:

Deer Slayer
12-20-2013, 10:35 AM
I didn't add a picture of mine since it's just like yours and I figure if you've seen one, you've seen 'em all. And yes, I like your acronym better :clap2: We need to figure out a way to get the last laugh on these Granny Chair Riders :shhh:

We Shall! :agree: :diggin_smilie: