PDA

View Full Version : Quarter mile times

opas ride
12-19-2013, 06:53 PM
I had a friend ask me recently what does the F6B do in the quarter mile? Speed and ET...I don't feel it is important to me as the thing is plenty fast, but anyone who knows please post some times/speeds that have been tested so I can respond to my riding friend...Thanks

Phantom
12-19-2013, 07:05 PM
I had a friend ask me recently what does the F6B do in the quarter mile? Speed and ET...I don't feel it is important to me as the thing is plenty fast, but anyone who knows please post some times/speeds that have been tested so I can respond to my riding friend...Thanks

I don't know the answer, however for some entertainment here is a video of a Goldwing on the 1/4 mile

http://youtu.be/lZHiXbqSYuI

Mustangjake
12-19-2013, 07:08 PM
The best time I have seen from a stock F6B is 11:67
but that has a lot to do with your skill level.

Ericb445
12-19-2013, 10:12 PM
Great video.
Poor Harley guy got a bad start for sure, the wing launched pretty hard.

ED209
12-20-2013, 08:21 AM
The new magazines say it does bewteen 11.86 and 12.1 depending on which magazine you read.

The shorter windshield and less weight of the new F6B along with its flat 6 water cooled motor that makes linear power make it "fast enough", that is for sure :041:

bigdew
12-20-2013, 08:51 AM
I took mine down to the local 1/8 mile track and ran a few times. Raced a few Harleys and spanked them and hung in there with a few unskilled crotch rocket riders but best I could pull off was an 8.4 in the 1/8.

opas ride
12-20-2013, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the info and the F6B is certainly fast enough for this 74 year old man....Nah!!!!

Phantom
12-25-2013, 06:03 PM
:shock:

I discovered a Turbo equipped GL1800, notice the front ABS brakes :duck: and it's chain driven

bstroh59
01-05-2014, 07:44 PM
I haven't been on the track, but I've had an experience against a new 5.0 Mustang Convertible.

I stopped at a stop light while we were out with some friends. I was on my Wing, my wife was behind me on her F6B, and two friends on their Harley's behind her. This Mustang pulls up next to me and revs his engine a few times. I revved mine once as a joke, and the next thing I know the light changes and this guys lights it up and smokes 'em off the line. Now he's got a jump on me and I think, "Oh, he wants to play!" I got on it and when I hit 60 at the top end of 2nd gear, I had pulled along side of him. I glanced over as I shifted to 3rd and his eyes were as big as golf balls! :shock: Then I blew past him. :041::041::041:

We all stopped at the next light, my wife and buddies pulled up behind me laughing there heads off. This guy looks over like a sad puppy, takes a right turn and drives off with his tail between his legs. Best run I ever had!!! :icon_lol::icon_lol:

I wish I could have taken him on with my wife's F6B, 'cause I would have really smoked him. :icon_twisted: