PDA

View Full Version : Saddle Sore

Ewreck
04-06-2022, 11:04 PM
Finally got my cert n patch from my Sept ride back to my old hometown in Southern Commiefornia. Glad I did it but I only need to do that once.8360]8359

taxfree4
04-07-2022, 02:46 AM
Very cool, that is something to be proud of. You're inn an exclusive group.

willtill
04-07-2022, 05:46 AM
Finally got my cert n patch from my Sept ride back to my old hometown in Southern Commiefornia. Glad I did it but I only need to do that once.8360]8359

Excellent! How long did you have to wait for the ride to be certified by the IBA?

I waited over 5 months until I got confirmation from them myself.

The last two hours of that ride seriously kicked me behind. Maybe I'll do another one but it will be in conjunction with a trip this year. Not purely for the attempt.

https://i.postimg.cc/cHc5QsVh/IMG-0741.jpg

JackB
04-07-2022, 06:37 AM
Congratulations I don’t think I could do it

FarsideF6B
04-07-2022, 08:25 AM
Congrats on your accomplishment. Great patch to have for sure. :cool:

Ewreck
04-07-2022, 09:05 AM
Took about 5 months for me too. I wanted nothing to do with my bike once I hit Vegas and I still had 250 to go. I filled up in my town at 4:30 am and topped off at my destination at 8:30 pm. Gained a hour in Commiefornia but still a long day.

maxrider
04-07-2022, 11:33 AM
Hahaha, that is great, you guys did good, be proud of your accomplishments, it ain't that easy.

Having only six of them, including coast to coast, and some 1500 bun burners I know that it takes perseverance, and having an F6B makes it just a little easier :).

Never have done one, do it, you won't regret it.

Eternalydamd
04-07-2022, 12:17 PM
I'm seriously considering doing one in late August/early September going out to Colorado from Southern California, my old lady is very against me doing it though, she'd prefer me to break it up into two days.

FLsixB
04-07-2022, 03:00 PM
Very cool Erik and Bill.:cheers: I've also thought it would be a nice feather in your cap.....or helmet.
I guess it may be time to look into the rules and logistics of getting it done.

maxrider
04-07-2022, 04:16 PM
FLsixB start with this, https://ironbutt.org/25tips.html

https://www.ironbutt.com/

willtill
04-07-2022, 05:00 PM
Took about 5 months for me too. I wanted nothing to do with my bike once I hit Vegas and I still had 250 to go. I filled up in my town at 4:30 am and topped off at my destination at 8:30 pm. Gained a hour in Commiefornia but still a long day.

I hear you!

During my last two hours, coming back in the dark... I realized that I could not downshift my motorcycle skillfully, when coming off the interstate. My muscle memory was fading in riding the bike. It's a completely physical and mental challenge to complete it, to the point of becoming dangerous.

But now what I know to expect, I may try to do the Bun Burner later this year (1500 miles in 36 hours or less). It will take a whole day (or more) to recover from it at the destination though. Copious amounts of beer and motrin to be administered post ride.

Ewreck
04-07-2022, 09:24 PM
I hear you!

During my last two hours, coming back in the dark... I realized that I could not downshift my motorcycle skillfully, when coming off the interstate. My muscle memory was fading in riding the bike. It's a completely physical and mental challenge to complete it, to the point of becoming dangerous.

But now what I know to expect, I may try to do the Bun Burner later this year (1500 miles in 36 hours or less). It will take a whole day (or more) to recover from it at the destination though. Copious amounts of beer and motrin to be administered post ride.

No more for me unless someone wanted company and then I’d think about it. 500 a day is a great happy medium when it comes to bikes. The F6B does make it easy.