PDA

View Full Version : First ride on my 2013 f6b

Lcsix
04-12-2022, 04:13 PM
The shift lever sucks on this thing! Can it be adjusted? If not how do you big guys get your toe under it? On another note, this thing is amazing the way the weight disappears once rolling! I think I'm gonna add some miles this year.

SpencerPJ
04-12-2022, 04:48 PM
What kind of drivers footpegs do you have? stock? I have some Kuryakyn mini floorboards that I hated, put stock back on, love them.

Lcsix
04-12-2022, 07:30 PM
Looks stock. Probably just need to adjust to it. I see where some have gone to heel toe also.

rdbonds
04-12-2022, 08:12 PM
If you can find a DHS racing linkage setup (DHS-11252), they are much improved, with increased adjustability, less slop and shorter throw. Unfortunately, I hear that the owner of DHS Dan Sherberne passed away not long ago. He was great to deal with. Perhaps you can find one out there used for sale though.

KeyWasted
04-12-2022, 09:52 PM
One of the first mods I did to my 2015 Deluxe was changing to floorboards and heel toe shifter. I like them much better than the mini floorboards it came with. Congrats on buying the F6B, best bike I’ve ever owned and I’ve been riding for 50 years.

Lcsix
04-13-2022, 06:34 AM
Thanks for the reply's, I'm gonna try to work around it for now. Which mean I 'll have to ride it as much as possible. Damn!

DaWadd
04-13-2022, 08:25 AM
The mini floor boards will help but I think footwear is more important. Big steel toed construction boots will give you grief.

SeaSteve
04-13-2022, 08:58 AM
Unfortunately...According to another forum..."Dan S. from DHS Racing passed away unexpectedly last (year) at age 58." The website isn't available anymore and I don't think anyone would have a spare DHS modified sifter linkage to sell you.

You can watch this YouTube Video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrjCbdRtY0I) to see the linkage basic setup with the left exhaust header cover removed. At the left side, where the left fingers are pointing, is the location of the OEM adjustable spline. You loosen the clamp screw AND remove the large hex bolt in the middle of the video frame to pull the entire linkage out from the bike. Obviously, you slide it back on to the spline at a different location on the spline teeth to raise or lower the shifter peg.

You may also need to remove some of the metal material from the back of the "center" pivot point to clear the grove on the engine. Two years ago I was fortunate to buy the adjustable linkage from DHS and spoke with David then on the phone. He asked if I had "already" filed down the shifter so people do this regularly.

SpencerPJ
04-13-2022, 04:44 PM
Meh, personally I didn't like my mini floorboards. There is a little nob where they connect that pushes your foot away from casing, Always had to tilt foot inward to hit shifter or brake. I'll agree about shoes, my big ol foot with boots has never played nicely with m/c s.

maxrider
04-13-2022, 08:16 PM
You can contact Rocky Demers, at 1-858-366-3063, he was Dan Sherburne's friend and took over the DHS shift link production.

He resides in San Diego CA, close to where Dan used to live.

Rocky also makes the up and out adjustable riser for the Honda 1800 handlebar, including F6B.

maxrider
04-13-2022, 08:24 PM
What DaWadd said, mini boards, drop them and it gives you some space.

I know, have a size 15, wide, and use combat boots, easy peasy.

Let me add this to it, I had Dan's DHS shift links, and they were good, had them on 2 F6B's, however now I have this mini floorboard on the current F6b and no DHS, and my feet fit fine.

But as you have seen posted some folks hate them, some love them, try it, you can always sell them :).

SeaSteve
04-14-2022, 09:20 AM
I have a set of adapters that lower the OEM pegs down an inch or so. It was my first attempt to fix the same problem your posting about. The adapters attach to the OEM bracket then the peg attaches to the bracket.

I'd love to sell them to any takers. My problem with them is...The pegs touch WAY to soon. If someone isn't into "leaning" they work great.

Rocky also makes the up and out adjustable riser for the Honda 1800 including F6B.

Glad to hear someone is still doing the shifter linkage mod. To be clear...Is the UP and OUT Adjustable Risers for the handlebars???

maxrider
04-14-2022, 09:36 AM
Yes, SeaSteve, I have corrected it, you are right, it is the handlebar.

I have a set for sale, it is not so aggressive as the Helibar in height and lateral, but great for the person who just needs a little bit, and the price is a fraction of the Helibar.

glengarrygr
04-17-2022, 08:21 AM
I don't think I would have lead with "The shift lever sucks on this thing". LOL. Just kidding. I purchased my '13 F6B last year and love it.

SeaSteve
04-20-2022, 08:40 AM
I have a set for sale, it is not so aggressive as the Helibar in height and lateral, but great for the person who just needs a little bit, and the price is a fraction of the Helibar.

Can you PM me with some pictures and what you would take for the handlebar risers?

I've got the Show Chrome risers installed but could use a little more UP and OUT.

coffee_weasle
04-20-2022, 01:38 PM
the mini floor boards have the "3/4 " comfort drop" , i didn't use the floor boards, there are replacement foot pegs that fit, that "drop" helps for me

BIGLRY
04-20-2022, 04:51 PM
the mini floor boards have the "3/4 " comfort drop" , i didn't use the floor boards, there are replacement foot pegs that fit, that "drop" helps for me
Yep, I did the same thing and solved my problem with my size 16 boot fitting under the shift lever!