PDA

View Full Version : Yep, I did it

taxfree4
04-22-2022, 04:32 AM
In my haste to finish the air filter/crank sensor fiasco I noticed one thing in, I the reflection of the car in front of me - there was no reflection, I forgot to connect the low beams, Hi-beams work.. Does anyone know where that plug is? Tell me it's not next to the air filter

rdbonds
04-22-2022, 08:39 PM
Are you sure you disconnected the low beams during the air filter/crank sensor work? I've never had to (even when I installed cruise). Any chance bulbs are blown?

taxfree4
04-23-2022, 02:10 AM
Are you sure you disconnected the low beams during the air filter/crank sensor work? I've never had to (even when I installed cruise). Any chance bulbs are blown?

Not really sure, however, there was a red maie connector and a white female connector.that I vaguely recall, horizontal)y on top, that was unplugged during the filter change. As far as the bulbs, I'll check them but it looks too coincidental., as always, Thanks.

taxfree4
04-23-2022, 02:06 PM

rd, you were right. Kind of strange they would both go at the same time, no?

https://youtu.be/mA9grHffT08

Sorcerer
04-23-2022, 04:11 PM
Is it possible that unbeknownst to you, you already had one bulb out and only noticed when the world went dark?

taxfree4
04-23-2022, 04:32 PM
Is it possible that unbeknownst to you, you already had one bulb out and only noticed when the world went dark?

It would have had to have happened within the last 2 weeks as being a new bike I had to have it inspected and they would have caught that, but anything is possible.

wjduke
04-23-2022, 05:45 PM
Just saw the you tube video of the headlamps blown out. FYI…those were brand new last summer just before my trip. Less than one year old, maybe 9,000 miles on them. Weird for them both to go at once.

taxfree4
04-23-2022, 06:30 PM
Just saw the you tube video of the headlamps blown out. FYI…those were brand new last summer just before my trip. Less than one year old, maybe 9,000 miles on them. Weird for them both to go at once.

Thats what I said, maybe I did it changing the filter or Crank Sensor, I have 2 bulbs coming tomorrow. I think she just misses you, she doesn't like NYC.

rdbonds
04-23-2022, 10:23 PM
I'm sorry you had to pull it all back apart...but I'm glad that you found the issue.

wjduke
04-24-2022, 05:27 AM
Thats what I said, maybe I did it changing the filter or Crank Sensor, I have 2 bulbs coming tomorrow. I think she just misses you, she doesn't like NYC.

I thought I gave you a new set with the extra stuff? I liked to keep spares.
Now the Crankshaft position sensor! What’s going on? You might be right about NYC lol. I never had any of these problems.

taxfree4
04-25-2022, 08:04 AM
I thought I gave you a new set with the extra stuff? I liked to keep spares.
Now the Crankshaft position sensor! What’s going on? You might be right about NYC lol. I never had any of these problems.

The sensor was a pro active change while I was doing the air filter as I'm leaving for California on June 5th. You probably did give me the bulbs, however, if I could find what I did with the keys to my storage cabinet, where I put that box, I'd be able to get them, meanwhile, $12 Amazon Prime worked and everything is fine. I washed her and gave her a coat of wax and she's looking pretty. Never got more thumbs up on a bike.

wjduke
04-26-2022, 09:19 AM
The sensor was a pro active change while I was doing the air filter as I'm leaving for California on June 5th. You probably did give me the bulbs, however, if I could find what I did with the keys to my storage cabinet, where I put that box, I'd be able to get them, meanwhile, $12 Amazon Prime worked and everything is fine. I washed her and gave her a coat of wax and she's looking pretty. Never got more thumbs up on a bike.

That’s awesome. One thing for sure, that air filter was long overdue at 32,000. I was surprised at how bad it looked. She did some long trips though, maybe I shouldn’t have been. Looking good!

taxfree4
04-26-2022, 11:58 AM
That’s awesome. One thing for sure, that air filter was long overdue at 32,000. I was surprised at how bad it looked. She did some long trips though, maybe I shouldn’t have been. Looking good!

How bad it looked is how well it worked trapping the debris. The only thing left is to put a set of Two Brothers Exhaust and that should do it...for now anyway.

willtill
04-26-2022, 04:35 PM
Da air filter did it's thing. Trapped dirt and debris, until an enterprising motorcycle enthusiast/mechanic went into the bowels of hell to R&R it.

All bikes should be so fortunate to have this attention.

taxfree4
04-26-2022, 05:36 PM
Da air filter did it's thing. Trapped dirt and debris, until an enterprising motorcycle enthusiast/mechanic went into the bowels of hell to R&R it.

All bikes should be so fortunate to have this attention.

I cleaned her up, put a little lipstick on her, now I'm taking her to the dance, she's gonna do a lot of jitterbugging.