PDA

View Full Version : I Apologize, I was WRONG!!!

taxfree4
04-28-2022, 11:19 AM
When I bought my 2013 Standard there was a Deluxe also but a $1000 more. I convinced myself not to spend the extra $, like the OEM filter guys, to not have a centerstand, self-cancelling turn signals, a passenger backrest, and especially HEATED GRIPS. I thought HEATED GRIPS were the most useless things I ever heard of. Who needs HEATED GRIPS when you can have heated gloves, Gore-Tex Gloves etc..., another useless accessory. I took a 120 mile roundtrip ride this morning, 37 degrees when I left, and about 2/3's of the way into it my fingers were feeling it. I realized, finally, I had HEATED GRIPS, turned it up to hi and within 5 minutes my fingers were feeling the heat and not long after that they were fine. Mea Culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. My public apology to all the Deluxe family. HEATED GRIPS are like recliners - once you use them you realize how did you get along without them.

BTW, some of you didn't think I was apologizing for the superiority of the K&Nair fiter. Actually this was the first ride I took since changing from the OEM to the K&N and I immediately noticed the difference in horsepower, punch off the line and general performance. Actually took a sample of the oil and it was cleaner, and clearer AFTER the ride than before, how K&N does it I don't know.

willtill
04-28-2022, 04:00 PM
Heated OEM F6B hand grips are the cat's meow. I enjoy mine. They get fricken hot too, I usually keep them on 2.0

taxfree4
04-28-2022, 04:34 PM
Heated OEM F6B hand grips are the cat's meow. I enjoy mine. They get fricken hot too, I usually keep them on 2.0

I couldn't agree more, I am a believer.

Sorcerer
04-28-2022, 09:05 PM
When I departed for Missouri April 16 it was 27*. Gerbing glove’s, jacket liner AND heated grips. Started with the grip heated at mid level. Before I cleared the Twin Cities I readjusted to one setting below high. Unplugged in Kansas Cit Missouri. My hands can’t stand cold. In the winter my fingers hurt in wool lined mittens.

Draxsr
04-28-2022, 10:14 PM
Now put some Baker Hand wings under the turn signals and you can put off wearing heavy gloves way into the winter months.

willtill
04-29-2022, 05:20 AM
Now put some Baker Hand wings under the turn signals and you can put off wearing heavy gloves way into the winter months.

Yep. Baker hand wings are very functional and effective on the F6B. Deploy them out for the cooler months, return them to a neutral position for warmer ones.

Not my bike (although I have a set of them) but I provide a visual of these very effective deflectors. You can procure them in dark smoke, light smoke or clear:

https://i.postimg.cc/Y0FG7yNN/Capture.jpg

BIGLRY
04-29-2022, 01:14 PM
One more for Baker Hand Wings. :cool:
http://www.californiavtxriders.com/phpBB3/gallery/image37044.jpg?sid=b94816a08c63d8e53b31ec09fa654fa a

taxfree4
04-29-2022, 03:02 PM

"Cream Puff" actually came with them, thanks to wjduke.

willtill
04-29-2022, 05:48 PM
"Cream Puff" actually came with them, thanks to wjduke.

Cream puff?

Huh?

https://i.postimg.cc/HnHbrxkJ/Capture.jpg

taxfree4
04-30-2022, 04:38 AM
Cream puff?

Huh?

https://i.postimg.cc/HnHbrxkJ/Capture.jpg

This is what happens when you let your granddaughter name your vehicle. She said she gave it that name because, "Grandpa, it looks like a big cream puff." Her real name is Pearl Butcher, pearl because of the color and butcher because she slaughters HOGS.

tpoppa
05-25-2022, 10:51 AM
I get some numbness in my hands when I ride. This is from nerve/circulation issues that are most likely from riding 500k over the last 25-30 years mostly on sport bikes and sport tourers.

When I got my BMW R12002R water boxer, it came with heated grips (and every other gadget). I didn't think much of the heated grips. Funny thing...using them seems to increase blood flow in my hands and they don't get numb any more. Now, I keep the heated grips on (low) even on warm days, and it makes longs rides more pleasant.

taxfree4
05-25-2022, 07:58 PM
I get some numbness in my hands when I ride. This is from nerve/circulation issues that are most likely from riding 500k over the last 25-30 years mostly on sport bikes and sport tourers.

When I got my BMW R12002R water boxer, it came with heated grips (and every other gadget). I didn't think much of the heated grips. Funny thing...using them seems to increase blood flow in my hands and they don't get numb any more. Now, I keep the heated grips on (low) even on warm days, and it makes longs rides more pleasant.

That's even more good news, it definitely was a game changer

glengarrygr
05-30-2022, 06:44 AM
[QUOTE=tpoppa;188611]"..using them seems to increase blood flow in my hands and they don't get numb any more." This happens to me too. I just ordered a pair cuz of your post.

tpoppa
06-02-2022, 09:13 AM
..using them seems to increase blood flow in my hands and they don't get numb any more." This happens to me too. I just ordered a pair cuz of your post.

I hope it works for you too.