PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

tpoppa
05-25-2022, 10:52 AM
Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste

willtill
05-25-2022, 06:26 PM
Lol! You also are a man that is using a hard to read font. .welcome20.

taxfree4
05-25-2022, 08:04 PM

Pleased to meet you, don't have to guess your name, BTW, I'm headed to Clinton, Ohio next Thursday then Cali.

tpoppa
05-25-2022, 08:37 PM
Lol! You also are a man that is using a hard to read font. .welcome20.

Thanks. Not sure how to change the font.

tenxxx
05-25-2022, 08:47 PM
Clinton, Ohio is about a hour west of me. Nice area. Weather should be warm. Cant tell about rain that far out.
Enjoy your trip and be safe.

maxrider
05-25-2022, 10:52 PM
Let me know, I cash in on that brew.

Are you coming down further south from BigLarry?

If so there are some other peeps with F6B"s who want to meet you :).

maxrider
05-25-2022, 10:56 PM

But you ain't riding no tank, but an F6B :)

05-26-2022, 05:19 AM
You're going to miss Ohio Bike Week?

Pleased to meet you, don't have to guess your name, BTW, I'm headed to Clinton, Ohio next Thursday then Cali.

tpoppa
05-26-2022, 07:23 AM
I am taking a close look at the FB6. I'm starting to think it checks the all the boxes for my next 2-up motorcycle.

I've ridden for a long time and have had something like 30 street motorcycles over the years. My riding leans (pun intended) toward the sporty side of sport touring. And I tend to ride 100-600 miles when I throw a leg over. These days, I have a self-imposed limit of 2 motorcycles in the garage. 1 for solo rides and the other for 2up with the missus.

I have a BMW R1200R water boxer, which has become my all-time favorite motorcycle. It does everything really well, except my passenger doesn't care for the rear seat.

I've gone through a number of 2 up motorcycles...cruisers and sport tourers. The missus prefers cruisers, but none of them seem to hold my interest because of their suspension/handling/performance limitations. I currently have a 2010 Kawasaki Nomad 1700. It has factory cruise control & it's the best handling of any big cruiser I've ridden. But it's still a cruiser.

I've ridden a 2014 Valkyrie. I loved the motor, but the rest of it didn't make sense for me.
I really wanted to like the CTX1300, but it wasn't Honda's best effort.
I wanted her to like the R1200RT, bit she didn't.
The BMW K1600 is also on my short list.

That brings me to the F6B...I've sat on a couple F6Bs, but haven't had a chance to ride one yet. How is the cornering capability compared a cruiser? How about passenger comfort compared to GW..is is good enough to keep the missus happy for 2-3 hour rides?

DaWadd
05-26-2022, 07:31 AM
The F6B handles like a dream. Corners very well. You won't regret it IMO.But I could be wrong as it is a personal comfort thing.

maxrider
05-26-2022, 07:39 AM
Having owned many MC sport and cruisers must say that the F6B is on top of my list, it has the torque of the sportbike (not so pronounced) but there, and rides like a Cadillac.

For the comfort of the passenger, I cannot vouch, although my riding buddies who carry their spouses state that they were happy with the layout and seat comfort, however they did have aftermarket seats, which I highly recommend.

tpoppa
05-26-2022, 07:48 AM
however they did have aftermarket seats, which I highly recommend.
That's good info. Is the stock seat not great for long distance? I remember not liking the seat on the 2014 Valkyrie.

A 2015-16 Deluxe seems to be what I am after. Cruise is a must for me. Backrest is a must for her.

maxrider
05-26-2022, 08:07 AM
On my 3rd 2015 Deluxe, you are right, that is a good choice, the stock seat gives me MonkeyButt within 100 Miles, so depending on your behind, the choices are many:).

Look into an RDL, that should fit the bill, fully customized for you and the passenger.

taxfree4
05-26-2022, 11:49 AM
Clinton, Ohio is about a hour west of me. Nice area. Weather should be warm. Cant tell about rain that far out.
Enjoy your trip and be safe.

Rain or shine I'll be there, my youngest son came to his senses and found an Ohio farm girl to marry. From there going west.

taxfree4
05-26-2022, 11:52 AM
Let me know, I cash in on that brew.

Are you coming down further south from BigLarry?

If so there are some other peeps with F6B"s who want to meet you :).

Absolutely, camping out all the way West with a stop at Monument Valley and the Grand Canyon. Coming into Ca. through Irvine, visiting an old neighbor, then North. Pucker up.

taxfree4
05-26-2022, 11:55 AM
You're going to miss Ohio Bike Week?

I tried to convince my son to coordinate his wedding that week but like a good future husband he asked his future wife. She threw the dirt on that one.

Eternalydamd
05-26-2022, 03:16 PM
Welcome,

You'll find the stock seat is okay, I used it for a good 20k miles before putting on a Corbin. My lady loved the stock seat with the back rest, took her on a few 4-5 hour long riding days. Now she raves about the Corbin, loves the back rest on it even more.

tenxxx
05-26-2022, 09:35 PM
A sheep skin cover works wonders for monkey butt.

tpoppa
05-27-2022, 07:30 AM
OOC, does it take a lot of effort to get an F6B on/off its center stand? I've never had a center stand on a bike this size.

Also, has resale gone up a lot recently? I thought these were going around 10k a year or 2 ago.

willtill
05-27-2022, 08:51 AM
OOC, does it take a lot of effort to get an F6B on/off its center stand? I've never had a center stand on a bike this size.

Also, has resale gone up a lot recently? I thought these were going around 10k a year or 2 ago.

It does not. There is a technique to it.

https://youtu.be/PcGQ-_QF1AM

Put all of your weight with your right foot on the centerstand pedal and pull up with your right hand on the passenger hand grip.

In the above video, Cruiseman rocks the bike back pretty hard. You can use the same technique but don't have to put that much effort into it. You can feel the bike start to pivot towards the total upright centerstand deployment and slow it down just before it stops hard at the end of motion.

I always use my centerstand when at home.

SeaSteve
05-27-2022, 09:16 AM
My 2 cents...Each bike MUST be different when it comes to the center stand.

I'm 6'3", 240lb and above "average" strength. I follow the same technique in Willtill's post and CruiserMan's video...AND...Lift like an S.O.B. to get the bike up on the center stand. I CANNOT simply put all my weight on the right foot and put MY F6b on the center stand. Other "lighter" forum users can, but on my bike, I can't. I must lift with the hand on the passenger hand grip. I do have an F6b Standard so I added the center stand afterwards.

Another tip is to ensure the clutch is disengaged (or was recently) so the rear wheel is free to turn a little.

tpoppa
05-27-2022, 09:42 AM
Thanks, good info.

I need to find a FB6 at dealer near me that will allow a test ride.