PDA

View Full Version : You want ghetto, I'll give you ghetto

taxfree4
06-05-2022, 06:04 PM
It's amazing what you can do with a Motel 6 garbage can. Yes, Motel 6 because they forecasted severe thunderstorms in Branson, where I landed. Was going camp at Lake Busiek in Highlandville, Missouri but between the gravel road at the lake, the distance away you have to park the bike, the lugging I would have to do and the severe thunderstorms, I made a field decision. Anyway, I covered the bike as not to reveal the caper which works out well.

willtill
06-05-2022, 08:11 PM
It's amazing what you can do with a Motel 6 garbage can. Yes, Motel 6 because they forecasted severe thunderstorms in Branson, where I landed. Was going camp at Lake Busiek in Highlandville, Missouri but between the gravel road at the lake, the distance away you have to park the bike, the lugging I would have to do and the severe thunderstorms, I made a field decision. Anyway, I covered the bike as not to reveal the caper which works out well.

That's sum Yankee intervention and G.I. ingenuity raght thar... :icon_wink:

:thumb:

taxfree4
06-05-2022, 08:39 PM
That's sum Yankee intervention and G.I. ingenuity raght thar... :icon_wink:

:thumb:

Wait, you have to add the duct tape, it prettys it up, who needs the OEM Side cover.

willtill
06-06-2022, 08:46 AM
If you had this sticker, it would be perfect for that field repair:

https://i.postimg.cc/2yqPQjfQ/Capture.jpg

taxfree4
06-06-2022, 08:57 AM
If you had this sticker, it would be perfect for that field repair:

https://i.postimg.cc/2yqPQjfQ/Capture.jpg

And in honor of the Duke I'm passing thru Oklahoma City today and stopping by the Cowboy Museum to give a "How ya doin" where I can maybe pick one up.

Cali261
06-06-2022, 05:32 PM

That’s “Built Back Better!”

AZDesertDad
06-06-2022, 05:55 PM
First rule of IT - If it's stupid, but it works - it ain't stupid

taxfree4
06-06-2022, 08:53 PM
Had to add some structural strength as the wind blast from under the bike kept bellowing out the bottom so a little paracord did the trick. Now we rollin.

willtill
06-06-2022, 09:21 PM
Very important to have odds and ends like paracord, 100mph tape, ect in one's kit when travelling, like Mike is. We can see how useful and necessary it becomes.

tenxxx
06-07-2022, 07:46 AM
Yep, You have the hang of it.