PDA

View Full Version : Borescoping Air Filter

KeyWasted
06-07-2022, 09:46 PM
Exactly where do I need to insert the bore scope camera to check the condition of my air filter?
Thank you.

F6Bster
06-07-2022, 10:09 PM
The air intake opening under the left glovebox.

KeyWasted
06-07-2022, 10:27 PM
The air intake opening under the left glovebox.

Thank you.

willtill
06-08-2022, 04:52 AM
Give you a little perspective as to exactly where that intake opening is going to be once you remove the glove box:

F6Dave
06-08-2022, 08:20 PM
I've thought of running a camera in there to have a look. But what I really want to do is install a filter restriction gauge. Then I'd know precisely when it's beginning to clog up.

KeyWasted
06-09-2022, 06:22 PM
A while back, I rode my Valk a few miles to meet friends at a gas station pre ride. After I parked, a rat jumped out from my bike and scurried across the parking lot. I was certain I would see a rats nest on the air cleaner of my B.
Fortunately, the camera showed my clean and practically new looking air filter. Thanks all for your help.

jm21ddd15
06-11-2022, 08:32 PM
Next time you change your air filter, you should install the "screen" covers that attach to the intake air horn, You can purchase them, or make your own, but they will keep mice out of your bikes air filter. Mice nest will kill the motor, if all their crap get sucked in the engine.

tenxxx
06-11-2022, 11:43 PM
The mechanic showed me the evidence he found on top of old the air filter.
He vacuumed it off before he took the filter out. There was no nest but they had been sitting there eating leaving a mess.
Last winter a mouse crawled out of the air vent, up and across the dash of my car while I was driving.
I grabbed him and threw it out the window.
No, I didn't slow down first.

willtill
06-12-2022, 05:55 AM
I use one of these ultrasonic repellers under the forward part of my bike when in the shed during fall/winter. It makes a hell of a light show with the programmed LED's and supposedly high ultrasonic frequencies (can't hear it though with our human senses).

https://www.amazon.com/Angveirt-Ultrasonic-Electronic-Substitute-Ultrasounds/dp/B08BYRW5V1

https://i.postimg.cc/VNfZyTHk/Capture.jpg[/url]

F6Dave
06-12-2022, 07:09 AM
I keep a few boxes of d-CON placed around the garage to keep mice under control. Once when changing my BMW air filter, which is flat and similar to the GL1800 (but more accessible), I found a bunch of the green pellets on top of the filter. An industrious critter had been hoarding the stuff. Is must have a delayed effect as he met his demise elsewhere in the garage.

F6Dave
06-12-2022, 07:20 AM
Apparently our F6Bs don't use 'environmentally friendly' soy based wiring insulation as many cars do. Rodents and other small animals find it very tasty. There's one vunerable wiring harness on my wife's car that's been eaten by rabbits twice. Each time the repair cost was over $500. The second time I had the harness wrapped in tape infused with hot pepper. That spoiled their tasty snack. The problem is so widespread that Honda car dealerships carry the spicy tape.