PDA

View Full Version : Klock Werks windshield update!

bobbyf6b
12-20-2013, 06:56 PM
Here's an email I got today:

Hi Bobby!

Thanks for replying to our e-blast. I’m glad you are interested in the new F6B FLARE™ Windshields we have been developing. I am happy to announce that the windshield is getting very close to its release date so we have now added it to our website and authorized a pre-sale promotion!!

Check out the new webpage here: FLARE™ WINDSHIELDS FOR HONDA F6B & GL1800 GOLDWING (http://http://www.kustombaggers.com/NEW-FLARE-Windshields-for-F6B--GL1800s-detail.htm?productId=-477709&shopBy=-14067&catalogId=-1790)

Your support is very important to us. Please let me know if you have any questions or would like help placing an order. You can contact me directly by replying to this email, or by calling 605-966-3700 (M-F, 8-5 CST). I am always happy to help....

Thank you for supporting Klock Werks!!

Have a great day,

Makel Juarez
Sales Manager
Klock Werks Kustom Cycles
915 South Kimball Street
Mitchell, SD 57301
(605) 966-3700 - Shop
(605) 966-9900 - Fax
www,KustomCycles,com (http://www.KustomCycles.com)
www,KustomBaggers,com (http://www.KustomBaggers.com)

bobbyf6b
12-20-2013, 06:57 PM
http://www,kustombaggers,com/NEW-FLARE-Windshields-for-F6B--GL1800s-detail.htm?productId=-477709&shopBy=-14067&catalogId=-1790 (http://www.kustombaggers.com/NEW-FLARE-Windshields-for-F6B--GL1800s-detail.htm?productId=-477709&shopBy=-14067&catalogId=-1790)

I also emailed them back and asked the height of the shield from the dash. I will post the info asap.

Steve 0080
12-20-2013, 09:42 PM
Nice lookin.... but they are proud on it as well !!!!!

bobbyf6b
12-20-2013, 09:55 PM
Nice lookin.... but they are proud on it as well !!!!!

You're right Steve, it's not cheap. I'm not sure why it's so much more than the HD shield, maybe more material. I haven't spent much on my bike though so if the height is right I think I will get one. I always wanted one on my HD but never got it.

bobbyf6b
12-20-2013, 09:58 PM
I didn't see it before but they listed the height of the shield, 14 inches. Not sure if that's from the dash or the bottom of the shield.

The F6B version has a non-adjustable height rated at 14 inches. It is available in Tint and Dark Smoke colors.
The GL1800 version has an adjustable height rated at 14 to 18 inches. Available colors include Clear, Tint and Dark Smoke.

14 inches, along with the "flare" will fit me better. I didn't at first, but now I notice the air hitting my helmet lower since I tightened up the suspension. I have a Baggershield set at about 14 inches. (13.75)

Steve 0080
12-20-2013, 11:17 PM
Bobby... I have one on my Ultra and can't say to much about it other than it does look good !

bobbyf6b
12-21-2013, 10:16 AM
Bobby... I have one on my Ultra and can't say to much about it other than it does look good !

So do you not think it does much? I tested one on my SG and it seemed to move a lot of air over my head.

hiflyer
12-21-2013, 11:28 AM
So do you not think it does much? I tested one on my SG and it seemed to move a lot of air over my head.

I had one on a Road Glide, installed at the dealer before I picked up the bike. I changed it out the same day I took delivery because of the buffet. That said, I was planning on getting one for the 6'er until I got the run a round on delivery. One of my first posts on this forum concerned this shield, and I gave updates on what they told me. In a previous thread I also posted about the run around. I went with the Madstad, but I hope the shield works out for those of you who buy it. Let's just say my money goes to those who tell me things I can count on and aren't rude when called out on discrepancies concerning deliveries that their representatives put out. I'm not Tom Cruise, "I CAN HANDLE THE TRUTH", just tell me what it is. Good luck Klock Werks, I hope you sell a boatload.

Dirtstiff's F6B
12-21-2013, 11:36 AM
I had one on a Road Glide, installed at the dealer before I picked up the bike. I changed it out the same day I took delivery because of the buffet. That said, I was planning on getting one for the 6'er until I got the run a round on delivery. One of my first posts on this forum concerned this shield, and I gave updates on what they told me. In a previous thread I also posted about the run around. I went with the Madstad, but I hope the shield works out for those of you who buy it. Let's just say my money goes to those who tell me things I can count on and aren't rude when called out on discrepancies concerning deliveries that their representatives put out. I'm not Tom Cruise, "I CAN HANDLE THE TRUTH", just tell me what it is. Good luck Klock Werks, I hope you sell a boatload.

CeeBaileys is working on a similar "Flare Style" style, I will wait.
I have The CB style on other bikes and I think them superior, cost effective and the customer service A+.
Nothing wrong with the Baggershield, I just like different looks and options.

Jim

bobbyf6b
12-21-2013, 11:50 AM
That's what this forum is for, but it always has me thinking twice. The Madstad seems like the most functional. IDK.

hiflyer
12-21-2013, 12:42 PM

One of the reasons the shield works better on the SG than the RG is the fact that you sit closer to the shield on the handlebar mount fairing than the RG frame mount fairing. The riding position of the F6, in relation to sitting further back from shield is more like the RG, than the SG. However, from the pictures of the KW shield, it appears that it is designed to sit further back and closer to the rider than any other aftermarket shield, which in my opinion will make it work better than most. But, I am looking forward to having some adjustability with the Madstad.

chipmaker
12-21-2013, 05:12 PM
The KW didnt work for me on my RG either, then I bought Madstad and although not pretty, it worked.

gunut
12-22-2013, 10:56 AM
I also tried 2 different sizes on my RG and with lowers and without . for some reason the SG was better .
I think the F6B might be better because better air control from the bottom . Right now running the tall honda with vent which is great but not cool as Klockwerks

d-shark
12-22-2013, 11:24 AM
Just thought I would throw this out to see what others are experiencing with different windshields and highway pegs. I have the Mick-O-Pegs and noticed with my old 11" BaggerShield that when I extended my feet out on the pegs that I got an annoying amount of air coming up the front of my leg causing buffeting around my face. It was bad enough that I only used the pegs long enough to stretch my legs and then back on the factory pegs.

After installing the Madstad Shield and getting that dialed in the problem with air in the face when using the Mick-O-pegs was gone. Not sure why but a welcome benefit for me.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-mDGCQyDl4Sg/Umvwr7TXtyI/AAAAAAAAAhQ/zq9JwRDebcw/w649-h865-no/IMG_20131026_112032.jpg

mtcgun
01-05-2014, 11:20 PM
UPS just notified me my Klock works shield arrives tomorrow!!!

BIGLRY
01-06-2014, 01:14 PM
UPS just notified me my Klock works shield arrives tomorrow!!!
:yes: Maybe mine will show up too'mailman'

gunut
01-06-2014, 07:34 PM
Please follow up with report , wind protection and noise . Thanks:popcorn:

BIGLRY
01-07-2014, 06:56 PM
UPS just notified me my Klock works shield arrives tomorrow!!!Well did it show up? inquiring minds.... and all that stuff :icon_biggrin:

I HAVE NOT heard a word on the one I ordered.

BIGLRY
01-09-2014, 02:52 AM
Update: I just received an e-mail from the brown truck guys that a package from Klock Werks has been put into their system and I can expect delivery of said package in 5 days...hummm... South Dakota to Calif. Sounds about right for the dead of winter .snowremoval.

Pic as soon as I have it installed and a comprehensive review as soon as I get a few miles of steady of wind across the shield.

mtcgun
01-12-2014, 01:55 PM
Well, they faked me out with the ups notification. All I got was a bottle of windshield cleaner and a little card that said I am amongst the first people who will receive the new windshield and it had a hand written #5 on it. So guess I get the 5th one?

bobbyf6b
01-12-2014, 02:19 PM
Well, they faked me out with the ups notification. All I got was a bottle of windshield cleaner and a little card that said I am amongst the first people who will receive the new windshield and it had a hand written #5 on it. So guess I get the 5th one?

Damn, that's messed up. I ordered a different shield from a different source and they sent me the wrong one. :icon_doh:

BIGLRY
01-12-2014, 02:34 PM
Well, they faked me out with the ups notification. All I got was a bottle of windshield cleaner and a little card that said I am amongst the first people who will receive the new windshield and it had a hand written #5 on it. So guess I get the 5th one?:icon_rolleyes:'popcorn and coke' Well, what ever Klock Werks shipped me via the big brown truck is scheduled to be here by the end of the day Tuesday 1/14/14...we will see if it is the shield or some cleaner and a note too.:impatient:
More info as time marches on....I think I'll go for a ride on this fine sunny Sunday on the left coast and let the wind hit my face as it carry's away my tunes one last time(I hope).
:icon_lol:

Humm I just went back and re-read the e-mail Klock Werks sent and the UPS confirmation. The package they shipped weighs in at 0.5 of a lb sooo I now believe I to may be getting the shield cleaner and a note with a number, I hope it is a little number.:shrug:

gunut
01-12-2014, 08:51 PM
called and was told clear shields 1st , Then the rest to follow - waiting on material
The good news , I was told is the shield was better than bat wing and roadglide in wind protection .
I will waiting for input also:popcorn:

BIGLRY
01-12-2014, 10:42 PM
called and was told clear shields 1st , Then the rest to follow - waiting on material
The good news , I was told is the shield was better than bat wing and roadglide in wind protection .
I will waiting for input also:popcorn:Well, then it might be a while for me too :tissue: as I ordered the dark tinted one.

Scotrod
01-12-2014, 10:56 PM
Who da hell gets a UPS notification of shipment and is 'content' when a bottle of 'squeaky clean' shows up??? :banghead:

Is there a pent up demand for clear F6B Klocks????

:bsII:

Well, it isn't too far from the norm, I guess,,,, We kept hearing 'another 2 weeks' on Ultimate F6B seats,,,,,,, for about 6 months,,,,

Hang in there guys,,,

BIGLRY
01-12-2014, 11:22 PM
Who da hell gets a UPS notification of shipment and is 'content' when a bottle of 'squeaky clean' shows up??? :banghead:

Is there a pent up demand for clear F6B Klocks????

:bsII:

Well, it isn't too far from the norm, I guess,,,, We kept hearing 'another 2 weeks' on Ultimate F6B seats,,,,,,, for about 6 months,,,,

Hang in there guys,,,Hehe :agree:, but when ya want what ya want and it just has to be that particular one I tend to take a more passive attitude and am a tad more lenient in letting a vendor get away with this type of crap. :2cents:

Scotrod
01-13-2014, 11:32 AM
All is well as long as you don't take any of it too seriously! :icon_biggrin:

I fuss a little about how long it takes to get a Day-Long made nowadays, but I still keep buyin 'em!!! :yes:

BIGLRY
01-13-2014, 12:48 PM
All is well as long as you don't take any of it too seriously! :icon_biggrin:

I fuss a little about how long it takes to get a Day-Long made nowadays, but I still keep buyin 'em!!! :yes:
Yep, my sentiments exactly!:thumb:

BIGLRY
01-15-2014, 01:37 PM
Well, they faked me out with the ups notification. All I got was a bottle of windshield cleaner and a little card that said I am amongst the first people who will receive the new windshield and it had a hand written #5 on it. So guess I get the 5th one?Yep, I just got my package from Klock Werks and it was the same thing plus a red micro fiber cloth made in China :what:
My little card had the number 6 hand printed on it, soooo... it looks like you will have yours before mine, or will my number 6 be the 6th tinted one shipped after all the pre-ordered clear ones have been shipped?.......hehe I ain't going to worry about it as there is to much sunshine here today and I'm going riding.'riding'

Mustangjake
01-15-2014, 06:18 PM
Why you guys are awaiting I have my F4 custom on my bike and Burning up the highway!

BIGLRY
01-16-2014, 01:33 AM
Why you guys are awaiting I have my F4 custom on my bike and Burning up the highway!
:icon_lol: Oh, I may be awaiting a new shield, but it sure as heck has not stopped, nor slowed down my riding with the OEM sheild. 'riding'
I got in about 200 miles of 'Fun in the Calif. Sun' today as the Central Coast was just perfect from Pismo Beach to Santa Barbara and back(had lunch there).

While the F4 custom shield has a great reputation among its users, I want a certain look and that Klock Werks shield is it.:icon_biggrin:

stepbill
02-13-2014, 11:23 AM
:shrug::popcorn:

Scotrod
02-13-2014, 11:31 AM
Appears to be another case of the 'two more weeks' syndrome,,,

Seems to be a lot of that nowadays,,, :icon_frown:

BuzzzPhotos
02-13-2014, 01:52 PM
Just thought I would throw this out to see what others are experiencing with different windshields and highway pegs. I have the Mick-O-Pegs and noticed with my old 11" BaggerShield that when I extended my feet out on the pegs that I got an annoying amount of air coming up the front of my leg causing buffeting around my face. It was bad enough that I only used the pegs long enough to stretch my legs and then back on the factory pegs.

After installing the Madstad Shield and getting that dialed in the problem with air in the face when using the Mick-O-pegs was gone. Not sure why but a welcome benefit for me.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-mDGCQyDl4Sg/Umvwr7TXtyI/AAAAAAAAAhQ/zq9JwRDebcw/w649-h865-no/IMG_20131026_112032.jpg

Just ordered the Madstad Shield & am ready to give it a try. Have the Rivco pegs and really like them. Be interesting if it helps the lower wind buffeting. Never expected that benefit.

hiflyer
02-13-2014, 02:13 PM
Just ordered the Madstad Shield & am ready to give it a try. Have the Rivco pegs and really like them. Be interesting if it helps the lower wind buffeting. Never expected that benefit.

You'll be very happy! I just ordered a clear 11" to go with my dark smoke 11" Love the dark, but ordered the clear for my trip to Florida next month. There will probably be a lot of riding in the dark, and I want to make sure I can see the road clearly. I look well over the dark one, and like the looks for riding around town. Can swap out in less than a minute.

Mustangjake
02-13-2014, 08:26 PM
Se no posts that you guys ever got your windshield yet

BigO
02-22-2014, 06:51 AM
Se no posts that you guys ever got your windshield yet
Yeo, I'd rather hold my own $$$$.

mtcgun
02-26-2014, 12:17 AM
I emailed a week or so back and got this response.:

Thank you for contacting Klock Werks. The preproduction shields have passed inspection and our next hurdle is the material. We have several shields in production and the material is becoming difficult to get in time. That is coupled with a batch that had inferior hard coating (runs, drips, sags) which makes that batch unusable. Now that I got all the bad news out of the way, the latest report I have is the shields will be available on or before the middle of March. We do apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

BigO
02-26-2014, 01:15 AM
I emailed a week or so back and got this response.:

Thank you for contacting Klock Werks. The preproduction shields have passed inspection and our next hurdle is the material. We have several shields in production and the material is becoming difficult to get in time. That is coupled with a batch that had inferior hard coating (runs, drips, sags) which makes that batch unusable. Now that I got all the bad news out of the way, the latest report I have is the shields will be available on or before the middle of March. We do apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Thank's for the info, but is that March 2015 ?

mtcgun
03-09-2014, 12:24 AM
Its almost here!!!!!!!

This message was sent to you at the request of KUSTOMBAGGERS.COM to notify you that the electronic shipment information below has been transmitted to UPS. The physical package(s) may or may not have actually been tendered to UPS for shipment. To verify the actual transit status of your shipment, click on the tracking link below or contact KUSTOMBAGGERS.COM directly.

Important Delivery Information

Scheduled Delivery: 11-March-2014

Omaha, NE, United States 03/08/2014 6:04 A.M. Arrival Scan
Sioux Falls, SD, United States 03/08/2014 3:10 A.M. Departure Scan
Sioux Falls, SD, United States 03/07/2014 11:07 P.M. Arrival Scan
Mitchell, SD, United States 03/07/2014 9:57 P.M. Departure Scan
03/07/2014 7:03 P.M. Origin Scan

BIGLRY
03-09-2014, 02:37 AM
Yea, I got almost the same message, only to get the shield to the left coast it won't be until the 13th of March.

03/07/2014 6:59 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 03/07/2014 6:03 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Its almost here!!!!!!!

This message was sent to you at the request of KUSTOMBAGGERS.COM to notify you that the electronic shipment information below has been transmitted to UPS. The physical package(s) may or may not have actually been tendered to UPS for shipment. To verify the actual transit status of your shipment, click on the tracking link below or contact KUSTOMBAGGERS.COM directly.

Important Delivery Information

Scheduled Delivery: 11-March-2014

03/07/2014 7:03 P.M. Origin Scan

indiatango
03-09-2014, 09:07 AM
This should start moving along now. Their website still shows preorder status but their Facebook page indicates they have received inventory and begun shipping the preordered units. I ran a batwing with a recurve shield on my VTX and enjoyed the shorter shield with good deflection. So, is the dark smoke the darker version? I'm anxious to see how everyone likes the Klock before I drop my $280.

jlyon
03-10-2014, 08:20 AM
I am at Daytona and just had one put on yesterday....

All I can say is awesome ride and even better look !!!!

I had bought the OEM tall one when I purchased my "6", but it was clear, large, bulky and not very attractive. The Workz one is both functional and adds to the look of a great machine...

BigO
03-10-2014, 09:25 AM
I am at Daytona and just had one put on yesterday....

All I can say is awesome ride and even better look !!!!

I had bought the OEM tall one when I purchased my "6", but it was clear, large, bulky and not very attractive. The Workz one is both functional and adds to the look of a great machine...

Nice!!!

indiatango
03-10-2014, 11:44 AM
Is the shield mount slotted like many of the others allowing 1-2 inches of adjustment? If so, is yours fully up or down?

BIGLRY
03-10-2014, 12:17 PM
Is the shield mount slotted like many of the others allowing 1-2 inches of adjustment? If so, is yours fully up or down?
I suspect it is not slotted as they make one for the Goldwing and one for the F6B thus one fixed and one with slots. I wonder if the Goldwing one would give you that adjustment capability if installed on a F6B? I'll know in 3 days if the F6B shield has slots.

Ericb445
03-10-2014, 10:30 PM
It's kinda jacked up that they selling them in Daytona, before the guys that have been waiting forever to get theirs they ordered and paid for long ago.

stepbill
03-11-2014, 07:14 AM
It's kinda jacked up that they selling them in Daytona, before the guys that have been waiting forever to get theirs they ordered and paid for long ago.

I was thinking the same thing!

Scotrod
03-11-2014, 08:08 AM
:stirthepot:

Ya know, I'd get me one of them there wind-stirring air flippers, but I simply ride too fast for it to function well.

Sure, they're great up to about 50 mph or so, but Geez, above that, the 'bubble' flattens out and yer head feels like this: :catfight:

Probably a non-issue for you 'Driving Ms. Daisy' types, but dang,,, Just not gonna cut it for us REAL riders!

:crackup:

gunut
03-11-2014, 09:12 AM
you might be right , still waiting on more feedback

indiatango
03-11-2014, 09:38 AM
They are great and as you have described the bubble will flatten somewhat at higher speeds. I personally don't live 100% of my life over 50mph, but when I do I drink Dos.....no wait. For higher speeds, you can get a full size screen or just get up on the balls of your feet and go into a full tuck. :stirthepot:

Scotrod
03-11-2014, 12:48 PM
:crackup:

:yes:

As long as we are all smiling, LIFE IS GOOD!!!

:yes: :yes: :yes:

mtcgun
03-11-2014, 04:25 PM
LOVE IT!!!! Just put the windshield on and went for a quick ride. I'd say the shield comes to about chin height on me and there is no wind at all in my face. The wind stream was going over my head. The baggershield wind hit me in the forehead and was very annoying. I ran it up to 112mph and still no wind in my face.. I had the stereo on 20 and heard it perfectly at that speed also. Who wants to buy a used baggershield???? Klockwerks hit it on the head here :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

stepbill
03-11-2014, 05:32 PM
LOVE IT!!!! Just put the windshield on and went for a quick ride. I'd say the shield comes to about chin height on me and there is no wind at all in my face. The wind stream was going over my head. The baggershield wind hit me in the forehead and was very annoying. I ran it up to 112mph and still no wind in my face.. I had the stereo on 20 and heard it perfectly at that speed also. Who wants to buy a used baggershield???? Klockwerks hit it on the head here :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

What size did you get?

Ericb445
03-11-2014, 10:47 PM

How tall are you?

Scotrod
03-11-2014, 11:00 PM
I ran it up to 112mph and still no wind in my face

Sounds pretty impressive!

dickiedeals
03-11-2014, 11:20 PM
Nice!!!

Where did you get one put on in Daytona? I'd like to get one too.............Dickie

mtcgun
03-12-2014, 10:26 AM
The F6B version has a non-adjustable height of 14 inches., ( but it looked like there was room to redrill the holes and adjust it some)
I'm 6' tall , and yes I still love it!!

Ericb445
03-12-2014, 07:11 PM
I can't wait to hear from the rest of the guys that orderd this windshield, If they like it as much as you, I will be getting one.
I love the way it looks.

dickiedeals
03-13-2014, 07:29 PM
Got mine installed in Daytona Fl.Today.(Dark Smoke) Judgment is still out. On the ride home I caught a rock in the cheek and got beaned on the nose by a bug. In the windshields defense I was riding 85 Mph when this happened. It was dark when I got home. I'll try to get some photos up soon. It looks sharp but I wish it was a bit taller. Also Their GL1800 model that's taller will NOT fit the F6B according to their staff...............................Dickie

bobbyf6b
03-13-2014, 10:05 PM
How about the "vortex" behind the shield? I'm curious if the air blows up your tshirt like a balloon. It's extremely annoying and that's another reason I like having a vent.

dickiedeals
03-13-2014, 10:21 PM
I had on a leather Jacket and sit back against a Utopia back rest so I can't answer the blowing shirt question till a nice sunny day. It has a nice air pocket till you get up around 80mph at which time you get quite a bit of turbulence in your ears. I use a carbon fiber Half Shell Helmet. I'm 6"-0 .Have not measured the Shield yet but I don't think its 14"s as they claim. Its actually below my chin. I'll do it tomorrow and Let ya know...................Dickie

dickiedeals
03-13-2014, 10:33 PM
Update: The shield measures 13" from the rubber strip to the top of the shield. Only 7" from the center of the dash up to the shield top. Therefore someone at Klock Werks is using a polish tape measure.........................More tomorrow.............Dickie

BIGLRY
03-15-2014, 01:40 PM
Well the Klock werks shield for my F6B in dark tint is on and I like it, but there are something's that you do need to be aware of.
The fit and finish is perfect IMO with no issues in the installation. Now for one issue, I have the Rocky risers set as wide as they will go and the throttle cables hit the shield in a full left turn against the steering stop, thus not allowing me to lock the forks. After adjusting the throttle cable's angled position at the throttle I was able to get the steering lock to work without any damage to the cables or shield, the one(pull to open) throttle cable just lightly tags the corner of the shield, but no problems now.

The rider: me at 6'5" 35" inseam and 400 lb with a 68" chests (yea I'm wider at the top than a lot of guy are tall). I ride with a carbon graphite novelty helmet and sun glasses on my noggin.

The F6B: Stock seat until my RDL gets built, Rocky risers and ISO grips.

The ride: I look over the shield, but get no buffeting and can hear the radio all the way to 70 MPH as where it would normally get drowned out at any speeds over 40MPH with the OEM shield.
There is a nice pocket of calm air and all the way to 90MPH(as far as I had it last night). The ride is smooth with no signs of turbulence or buffeting of the shield. In the following pic you can see the shield is 13 1/2" inside from the dash emblem to the top and how the shield hits the throttle cables with the Rocky risers at their widest position. I will get more time & speed in this afternoon and Sunday to get a better feeling for the shield, but my first impression is it is just what I wanted in a look and functionality from this size and stile of shield. I suspect once I get my RDL saddle and am lifted about an inch I may see more wind, but I did lift myself up off the seat while riding and found even as the wind increased I still had no buffeting and suspect no problems by being at tad taller with a new saddle.
I have a set of Baker air wings on order and believe that will stop most of the air that is coming up my jacket sleeve, I had no billowing of my jacket from any backdraft, but until I get a passenger on board I can't say if the shield has a positive or negative effect on a passenger.

BIGLRY
03-15-2014, 01:52 PM
Here are some more pic of the shield installed.
From rubber to top of shield is 13".

dickiedeals
03-15-2014, 02:00 PM
Got mine. Klock Werks says the design is to change the cockpit air not eliminate it. Its main design is to put down force on the front of the Bike. That it wasn't designed for rider comfort. When you get above 80 mph it really beats you up. Got an ear ache on the way home from Daytona Fl. Last night and riding back to Daytona this Morning made it worse. Taking it off to see if I can drill a new hole and maybe gain an inch in Height and see if it Helps. The shield needs to be taller and Wider and maybe and angle change. Just my opinion but you know what they say about Opinions..............Dickie

hiflyer
03-15-2014, 04:33 PM
Got mine. Klock Werks says the design is to change the cockpit air not eliminate it. Its main design is to put down force on the front of the Bike. That it wasn't designed for rider comfort.

I don't understand this at all......I changed my screen for my comfort. Since when does the F6B need more downforce. Klock Werks caters to the HD crowd. I've never heard of a windscreen maker state the F6 or the Goldwing needs more downforce on the front. I take this to hear from KW, our screen doesn't really do what you want a screen to do....it just looks good. I like the looks, but I like what my Madstad does better.

Mustangjake
03-17-2014, 09:18 PM
Yea what he said :banghead:

GONRDN
03-17-2014, 09:35 PM
Everything I changed on my bike was for "rider comfort". Guess I'll pass on this shield.

dickiedeals
03-18-2014, 09:07 AM
Got mine. Klock Werks says the design is to change the cockpit air not eliminate it. Its main design is to put down force on the front of the Bike. That it wasn't designed for rider comfort. When you get above 80 mph it really beats you up. Got an ear ache on the way home from Daytona Fl. Last night and riding back to Daytona this Morning made it worse. Taking it off to see if I can drill a new hole and maybe gain an inch in Height and see if it Helps. The shield needs to be taller and Wider and maybe and angle change. Just my opinion but you know what they say about Opinions..............Dickie

The reason they told me this is because after the Klock Werks Windshield beat my ears up (I wear a Carbon Fiber Half Shell helmet) At 78 mph and gave me an ear ache I returned to Daytona to get a Refund and my old Windshield reinstalled. (I only Live 52 miles South Of Daytona so I only put 104 miles on it. Its as new) They said they do not accept returns. Something they neglected to tell me at time of sale) They said you bought it you own it. Then they gave me the above explanation!........Dickie

dickiedeals
03-18-2014, 09:24 AM
The wife say's she feels like she's getting blown off the back with this shield. That its way more turbulent . Lol this might be the only good thing about The klock Werks!
Can't get her to ride while this shield is on:clap2:................Dickie

dickiedeals
03-18-2014, 09:25 AM
The wife say's she feels like she's getting blown off the back with this shield. That its way more turbulent . Lol this might be the only good thing about The klock Werks!
Can't get her to ride while this shield is on:clap2:................Dickie

Just Kidding guys!

indiatango
03-18-2014, 10:21 AM
Yeah, this was next on my list but I may just hold off as well. I installed a recurve on my VTX for the sole purpose of running a shorter shield that performs like a tall shield. My goal is an aesthetically pleasing shield that routes most of the wind up and over my head. I don't foresee visiting Bonneville anytime soon so increased down force is not my goal. I'm sure there will be other offerings as time passes.

Scotrod
03-18-2014, 10:24 AM
I had heard the 'origination' of the K-works shield design was due in part to needing more down-force on a bike they were using out on the salt flats,,, Long time ago in a land far-far away,,,

Naturally, NONE of the bikes we ride on the street need that down force, but the design does create a 'bubble' that some find to fulfill their needs for 'more wind protection from a shorter shield' and/or appearance.

Lotsa vendors have 'Flip' shields nowadays,,, Very few have 'more aggressive' amounts of 'flip' than K-works. Yep, depending on your taste's, they do look good, and most provide varying degree's of 'more wind protection from a shorter shield, but,,, 'flipping/stirring' air has very limited potential when it comes to comfort.

After owning/adjusting/testing 3 different 'flippers',,, eh,,, a 'pattern' of results was evident,,, They all ~work~ to varying degrees as long as; 1. You stay in the bubble and 2. Understand that the bubble will flatten out at speed. (Sorry, no passenger experience)

Keeping the air stream as straight as possible w/o creating 'spin' / turbulence is key,,, :icon_wink:

bobbyf6b
03-18-2014, 10:51 AM
The reason they told me this is because after the Klock Werks Windshield beat my ears up (I wear a Carbon Fiber Half Shell helmet) At 78 mph and gave me an ear ache I returned to Daytona to get a Refund and my old Windshield reinstalled. (I only Live 52 miles South Of Daytona so I only put 104 miles on it. Its as new) They said they do not accept returns. Something they neglected to tell me at time of sale) They said you bought it you own it. Then they gave me the above explanation!........Dickie

Sorry to hear that Dickie. Guess I won't be getting one then. It's hard to support a company with that attitude.

CaptRob
03-18-2014, 12:11 PM
I was looking forward to this Klock Werks!! I have one on my SG and it is perfect!! Dickie, Maybe I could borrow yours for a few miles while riding with my lady!'windy' then a solo seat!! :shock:
Although, They( Klock Werks) make at least 3 different heights for SG …I wonder why they only have 1 for the F6?

Phantom
03-18-2014, 12:40 PM
Sorry to hear that Dickie. Guess I won't be getting one then. It's hard to support a company with that attitude.

THE SHIELD DOES LOOK GOOD, HOWEVER ......

CUSTOMER Service is mandatory on this forum, not interested in promoting products with no support. Dickie, I would have not left until a refund was issued. it's not like you purchased underwear and returned it after one use. :banghead:

bobbyf6b
03-18-2014, 12:59 PM
It does look good! I really wanted one but I'm not sure if it's right for me. Kinda like the Cobras. You never know til you try it.

Scotrod
03-18-2014, 01:16 PM
K-works does make a 'taller' version for the Wing, but it has been said K-works doesn't believe it will fit a 6,,, :shrug:

I think it probably would,,,, (Might need some fender washers like the rest of us have used to mount GL1800 'Baggershields')

But the response dickie got was rather uncalled for. :nono:

Jeez, even if it had a 'been installed' look, most aftermarket shields are acrylic and a light polish job would fix that!

Maybe a restocking/reconditioning fee, if that, but 'you bought it, you got it' is pretty sad,,, :icon_frown:

dickiedeals
03-18-2014, 01:36 PM
K-works does make a 'taller' version for the Wing, but it has been said K-works doesn't believe it will fit a 6,,, :shrug:

I think it probably would,,,, (Might need some fender washers like the rest of us have used to mount GL1800 'Baggershields')

But the response dickie got was rather uncalled for. :nono:

Jeez, even if it had a 'been installed' look, most aftermarket shields are acrylic and a light polish job would fix that!

Maybe a restocking/reconditioning fee, if that, but 'you bought it, you got it' is pretty sad,,, :icon_frown:

Before I bought the F6B model I asked about the taller one for the GL1800 and they insisted that it would NOT fit that the Holes are Offset. I'm not understanding their reluctance to make one taller for the F6B unless its a materials thing. Not really sure but I'm getting over it...............Dickie

Scotrod
03-18-2014, 03:28 PM
Hmm,,, if the Goldwing version is slotted to enable the OEM height adjustment system to work,,, eh,,, I'd have to see it to understand why it wouldn't work on a 6. There are GL1800 shields on 6's as we speak,,, (Maybe not K-works, but Honda and aftermarket versions.)

If the K-works G-Wing version has only holes, and no slots, that could account for an offset, but with holes only,,, it would be designed to be stationary, and not allow the G-wing owner the ability to adjust his windshield height,,,. :shrug:

If so, I wonder how many Wing owners will like that???

Dickie, I'm 99% sure someone will take the K-works shield off your hands. You can always post it in the classifieds if you are sure it isn't right for you.

dickiedeals
03-18-2014, 08:03 PM
Hmm,,, if the Goldwing version is slotted to enable the OEM height adjustment system to work,,, eh,,, I'd have to see it to understand why it wouldn't work on a 6. There are GL1800 shields on 6's as we speak,,, (Maybe not K-works, but Honda and aftermarket versions.)

If the K-works G-Wing version has only holes, and no slots, that could account for an offset, but with holes only,,, it would be designed to be stationary, and not allow the G-wing owner the ability to adjust his windshield height,,,. :shrug:

If so, I wonder how many Wing owners will like that???

Dickie, I'm 99% sure someone will take the K-works shield off your hands. You can always post it in the classifieds if you are sure it isn't right for you.

I'm not really interested in selling it yet. Going to re-drill it and raise it an inch. Install a Mustang seat and Lower me an inch and see how it rides. I like the looks and the low speed air bubble. Got a surgical procedure tomorrow so it will be a few weeks before I find out...........Dickie

stepbill
03-18-2014, 08:19 PM
I'm not really interested in selling it yet. Going to re-drill it and raise it an inch. Install a Mustang seat and Lower me an inch and see how it rides. I like the looks and the low speed air bubble. Got a surgical procedure tomorrow so it will be a few weeks before I find out...........Dickie

Good luck with the surgery!

dickiedeals
03-18-2014, 10:50 PM
Good luck with the surgery!

Thank You Everything should be cool............Dickie

TwinCitiesRider
03-20-2014, 10:40 PM
I got mine today and will install this weekend. There was nothing else in the package, but when I've watched a few YouTube videos about windshield replacements on the regular wings, there has been additional Velcro or rubber panels. Any of that needed with this shield? Thanks all.

dickiedeals
03-21-2014, 08:08 AM
Thank You Everything should be cool............Dickie

Everything went good. Now sitting here recovering. Should be up and running in a few days. Thanks for your concerns...........Dickie

Hornblower
03-21-2014, 08:52 AM
Everything went good. Now sitting here recovering. Should be up and running in a few days. Thanks for your concerns...........Dickie

Glad to hear that, OB :clap2: Hope you recover quickly .dickie-deals.

bobbyf6b
03-21-2014, 01:10 PM
I got mine today and will install this weekend. There was nothing else in the package, but when I've watched a few YouTube videos about windshield replacements on the regular wings, there has been additional Velcro or rubber panels. Any of that needed with this shield? Thanks all.

You shouldn't "need" anything but if there's any gaps by the dash you can fill them in if you want. I used window foam sealer, the kind that comes in a roll and is sticky on one side. I used it with my Baggershield.

TwinCitiesRider
03-22-2014, 03:45 PM
You shouldn't "need" anything but if there's any gaps by the dash you can fill them in if you want. I used window foam sealer, the kind that comes in a roll and is sticky on one side. I used it with my Baggershield.

Thanks Bobbyf6b. Took all of 5-10 minutes to swap it out today. Highs are around 20 F the next few days, so it looks like I get to wait a little longer to test it out.

Ericb445
03-27-2014, 10:06 PM
Just put my dark smoke Klock Werks shield on the bike. I think I'm gonna like it, haven't ridden with it on yet do to the crappy weather. But I should get some seat time in this weekend.
It's a nice windscreen for sure. Can't wait to ride with it on.

thunder217
04-04-2014, 04:08 PM
Finally broke down the other day and purchased the Klock Werks Windshield and it really makes a big difference between the original one I purchased and this one. This keeps a lot more air off the face and it looks better than the slipstream windshield. There is one draw back and its the price. You could almost purchase two slipstreams for the price of the Klock Werks. I am 6 feet and the difference is very apparent when riding. Love the look. I purchase the smoked one for the F6B. :041:

Bigjohn6886
04-08-2014, 02:48 PM
Please post pics

claytonsdad
04-10-2014, 08:31 PM
A buddy of mine received his Klock Werks today. It looks great on the bike and at normal highway speeds he really likes it. He's 6'4". There is a flaw in his that looks like there was a smudge on the surface of the substrate when it was coated. He doesn't seem to be bothered by it, but I wouldn't be very happy with a product of that price having a flaw that was so apparent. But I do have to say, it does look really nice.

XKnight
06-24-2014, 03:03 PM

Sounds like Klockwerks is giving you the run-a-round. Their own website claims the shield will improve rider comfort. Here is a quote from Klock Werks.

Klock Werks patented FLARE™ Windshield design features "hips" on the outer edge of the shield that re-route the air, adding downforce, which aids stability. The innovative "flip" at the top sends the air up, and back as directed air, which allows it to be clean, less turbulent air compared to a stock shield. "A stock shield simply pushes air. So any air that escapes around it is choppy, turbulent air that can make your helmet shake, your glasses fly up." explains Brian Klock. "Many times, a rider doesn't realize how uncomfortable it is, until they try a FLARE™. Then they wonder how they ever rode without one!" Besides how well the FLARE™ performs, it looks great too, adding style to the already nice lines of your bike. Klock Werks FLARE™ for Honda is made from .177 hard-coated polycarbonate material for lasting durability. Gold Wing riders are known to be tourers, and Klock Werks is confident that they will appreciate how the FLARE™ will improve comfort, as well as aid performance of an already great bike. The FLARE™ is easy to install on your Gold Wing using factory mounting hardware.

Scotrod
06-24-2014, 04:00 PM
:hijack:

MadStad's Windshield design provide clean, less turbulent air compared to a stock shield. "A stock shield simply pushes air. So any air that escapes around it is choppy, turbulent air that can make your helmet shake, your glasses fly up." explains Scotrod. "Many times, a rider doesn't realize how uncomfortable it is, until they try a MADSTAD. Then they wonder how they ever rode without one!" Once you've had a MADSTAD, and seen first hand how well it performs, you really won't give a rats azz if it looks great! Gold Wing riders are known to be tourers, and MADSTAD is confident that they will appreciate how the MADSTAD SYSTEM will improve comfort, as well as aid performance of an already great bike. The MADSTAD is easy to install on your Gold Wing using factory mounting hardware.

:icon_twisted:

Fixed it fer ya! :crackup:

XKnight
06-24-2014, 04:18 PM
:hijack:

MadStad's Windshield design provide clean, less turbulent air compared to a stock shield. "A stock shield simply pushes air. So any air that escapes around it is choppy, turbulent air that can make your helmet shake, your glasses fly up." explains Scotrod. "Many times, a rider doesn't realize how uncomfortable it is, until they try a MADSTAD. Then they wonder how they ever rode without one!" Once you've had a MADSTAD, and seen first hand how well it performs, you really won't give a rats azz if it looks great! Gold Wing riders are known to be tourers, and MADSTAD is confident that they will appreciate how the MADSTAD SYSTEM will improve comfort, as well as aid performance of an already great bike. The MADSTAD is easy to install on your Gold Wing using factory mounting hardware.

:icon_twisted:

Fixed it fer ya! :crackup:

I'm pretty sure most F6 owners bought them over a regular Goldwing because lets face it the Goldwing looks like an old man's bike and the F6 just looks cooler and performs better. We all want a functional windshield while still trying to maintain the chopped down stealth look of the stock F6. I'm sure the Mad Stat shield works great, but it definitely doesn't look as good as the Klockwerks. If the Klockwerks provides good wind protection while looking great then it is a viable option. I think a lot of it will depend on rider torso height and rider position. I have ordered a Klockwerks and will see how well it works for me. I also have a tall 19" shield with vent on order so I can compare them. I'm expecting to look over the Klockwerks and through the 19". Won't know for sure until I try them both.

Scotrod
06-24-2014, 05:08 PM
LOL!!!

X,,, I know you recently joined,,,

On occasions, I tend to :stirthepot:

I saw an opportunity, and I took it! LOL!!!

Nah,,, I'm a 'function over form' kinda guy, so lookin cool isn't real high on my list. Doesn't mean others feel the same.

Got a stack of 'flipper' shields here left over from the last bike. And several 'traditional' shields for it as well.

Kwerks may werk for some, but I really have never been too impressed with the 'technology' any 'flipper' brings to the plate.

But, they do look cool!

:icon_biggrin:

:cheers:

XKnight
06-24-2014, 10:08 PM
LOL!!!

X,,, I know you recently joined,,,

On occasions, I tend to :stirthepot:

I saw an opportunity, and I took it! LOL!!!

Nah,,, I'm a 'function over form' kinda guy, so lookin cool isn't real high on my list. Doesn't mean others feel the same.

Got a stack of 'flipper' shields here left over from the last bike. And several 'traditional' shields for it as well.

Kwerks may werk for some, but I really have never been too impressed with the 'technology' any 'flipper' brings to the plate.

But, they do look cool!

:icon_biggrin:

:cheers:

I understand. :icon_cool: I like stirring the pot occasionally as well. I actually did get a good laugh out of your post.

As it turns out my 19" Slipstreamer shield arrived tonight and I already installed it and took a quick spin up to 70 MPH and it works great. No wind roar or buffeting. It's tall, but I actually don't mind the look. I'm also more about function than form. I may just return the Klockwerks when it arrives since I'm very happy with the function and look of the tall shield. When my Harley buddies call me an old man I'll just ask them if they want to race so they could see my backside. :moon:

espiros
10-12-2015, 12:22 PM
I'm pretty sure most F6 owners bought them over a regular Goldwing because lets face it the Goldwing looks like an old man's bike and the F6 just looks cooler and performs better. We all want a functional windshield while still trying to maintain the chopped down stealth look of the stock F6. I'm sure the Mad Stat shield works great, but it definitely doesn't look as good as the Klockwerks. If the Klockwerks provides good wind protection while looking great then it is a viable option. I think a lot of it will depend on rider torso height and rider position. I have ordered a Klockwerks and will see how well it works for me. I also have a tall 19" shield with vent on order so I can compare them. I'm expecting to look over the Klockwerks and through the 19". Won't know for sure until I try them both.

A huge improvement over the OEM windshield, killer looks and cuts the wind of my face......Yes, I know, the price is high :yikes: but....worked in my opinion...

Baytown
10-12-2015, 03:44 PM
My Klockwerks was the first thing I fitted to my new 2015. I love it, and yes, it may be expensive, but you get what you pay for.
I bought from Wingstuff, and sent painlessly to me in Australia.
Simple to fit.
Best wishes all.
Ken

Big Cat
10-12-2015, 08:29 PM
I ordered my 14" dark smoke Flare a couple of days prior to picking up my new F6B. It was the first accessory I installed on the bike, and man, does it look slick! :thumb:

bobo116
05-21-2016, 09:12 PM
does anyone have the 16 inch? i'm 6ft2.

shooter
05-21-2016, 09:51 PM
I do. I'm 6'1". Its great.

bobo116
05-21-2016, 10:07 PM
I do. I'm 6'1". Its great.

Sweet deal. I ordered one up. I have had the F6B 2 weeks. Day one, stock windsheild, I hated life. Ordered bagger sheild, day one, it was bearable. That was today. I hate the 19inch, it ends at eye level. I either have to sit up to see over it, or crunch down to look through it. I figure, 16inch, with the reviews Ive read, its gotta work.

shooter
05-21-2016, 10:18 PM
Klockwerks hits me about the bottom of my nose. Its the best I've had. Wife says its great in the back seat also. Looks good too.