PDA

View Full Version : The Holy Land

taxfree4
06-11-2022, 03:27 PM
Huge, many exhibits with perfect 86 degree, no humidity day, through twisty roads getting here

willtill
06-11-2022, 03:52 PM
We need another Ronald Reagan. But I’d settle for a Trump 2nd term in lieu of that.

AZDesertDad
06-14-2022, 09:42 AM
I've long maintained (ever since Obama went in to office - and every single administration since) that we could dig up Reagan - prop his corpse in the Oval Office (don't forget to hang air fresheners!!) and we would still have more effective leadership than what we have been getting.

I have no great love for President Trump - but was certainly better than what we have now.

willtill
06-14-2022, 10:48 AM
Don't want to derail this thread but since we're discussing presidents, I had this T-Shirt made and received it the other day. Even in liberal batshit crazy Marylandistan, I'm getting more positive reactions to it than negative ones. I think some liberals here have buyers remorse (and maybe across the country) but it's too late. They pushed all of us across the Rubicon....

https://i.postimg.cc/q7yzCH3J/unnamed.jpg

taxfree4
06-14-2022, 09:48 PM
Don't want to derail this thread but since we're discussing presidents, I had this T-Shirt made and received it the other day. Even in liberal batshit crazy Marylandistan, I'm getting more positive reactions to it than negative ones. I think some liberals here have buyers remorse (and maybe across the country) but it's too late. They pushed all of us across the Rubicon....

https://i.postimg.cc/q7yzCH3J/unnamed.jpg

Never fails, Liberals are all for Liberalism, as long as it doesn't cost them a dime. They're very good at taking your $ and giving it to someone else. Now that THEY have to pay $6 plus a gallon for their Range Rover they're pissed off. Anyway, saw friends in Irvine then headed North to see his Bigness. Let me tell you, him and the Mrs. are two of the kindest, giving and wonderful people I have ever met. And I adopted Mimi, the Chihuahua, she's going in the will. Seriously, it was my privilege to meet both of them, no finer people exist.

willtill
06-15-2022, 05:06 AM
Never fails, Liberals are all for Liberalism, as long as it doesn't cost them a dime. They're very good at taking your $ and giving it to someone else. Now that THEY have to pay $6 plus a gallon for their Range Rover they're pissed off. Anyway, saw friends in Irvine then headed North to see his Bigness. Let me tell you, him and the Mrs. are two of the kindest, giving and wonderful people I have ever met. And I adopted Mimi, the Chihuahua, she's going in the will. Seriously, it was my privilege to meet both of them, no finer people exist.

It's Larry!!! You found him. :icon_biggrin: Hi Biglry! :039:

https://i.postimg.cc/yYXGWqZn/Capture.jpg

taxfree4
06-15-2022, 07:04 AM
It's Larry!!! You found him. :icon_biggrin: Hi Biglry! :039:

https://i.postimg.cc/yYXGWqZn/Capture.jpg

How could you miss him? I saw the top of his head from US-101. Anyway, Reagan Library. BTW, just a tip, always remember to take your cell phone out of the bottom of the plastic bag BEFORE you decide to put ice in the bag to cool down the Heinekens, and to add insult to stupidity, I did the "add salt water to expedite the process, that really fried the electronics.

taxfree4
06-15-2022, 07:21 AM
These are fantastic riding pants. 5 pocket, light as a feather, wicking, UPF 50, flex waist. Walmart

BIGLRY
06-15-2022, 04:09 PM
Was a privilege and a pleasure to meet for real and have you stay here Mike, but was way to short of a time. I only got to show you what I do on the beach. Next time I'll take you on some of the great rides I have around here. Oh and by the way, Mimi is a Chiweenie she will get mad if you call her a Chihuahua LOL.
Pam still wants to get you in her Slingshot,:3gears: so there is a lot to look forward to next time.:cool:

Ride safe my friend 'gw-smiley'

taxfree4
06-15-2022, 10:37 PM
Was a privilege and a pleasure to meet for real and have you stay here Mike, but was way to short of a time. I only got to show you what I do on the beach. Next time I'll take you on some of the great rides I have around here. Oh and by the way, Mimi is a Chiweenie she will get mad if you call her a Chihuahua LOL.
Pam still wants to get you in her Slingshot,:3gears: so there is a lot to look forward to next time.:cool:

Ride safe my friend 'gw-smiley'

Will do, and, yes, next x-country we will go on those rides. Settled in Grand Junction Colorado for the night, headed to Sydney, Nebraska. The video I shot yesterday going through the Virgin River Canyon and today through Utah on I-70 will be something to see. Lots of video work to do. Extend my apologies to Mimi. Here's another reason to love Utah, $4.99 if you pay cash

taxfree4
06-15-2022, 10:58 PM
Nevada, a little snippet of film

https://youtu.be/cJmBv4nTVJA

taxfree4
06-15-2022, 11:06 PM
Utah

https://youtu.be/mqPsZIuoxfE

taxfree4
06-16-2022, 08:01 AM
Utah, my favorite place.

glengarrygr
06-16-2022, 11:16 PM
That pic of AF1 is really nice. Be great if they let you inside to see it.

taxfree4
06-16-2022, 11:30 PM
That pic of AF1 is really nice. Be great if they let you inside to see it.

You mean

taxfree4
06-16-2022, 11:34 PM
Colorado

willtill
06-17-2022, 01:50 PM
You mean

Holy hell! That is jus way too cool!

Willl
06-17-2022, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the photo's :cool:

taxfree4
06-17-2022, 08:19 PM
Holy hell! That is jus way too cool!

Wait for the video, when I get home I have a LOT of editing to do.

taxfree4
06-17-2022, 08:31 PM
The suit, the vest, the x-ray, the gun. chilling

taxfree4
06-18-2022, 07:57 PM
South Dakota

SD kicked my ass today, going East to Fairmont, MN, on I-90 there was a steady 20-30 mph south wind that wouldn't let up which always fun, especially going around those car carriers and tractor trailers. BTW, in Walmart getting food I noticed it's okay in MN to wear shorts with black knee socks and white sneakers, no one notices.

wjduke
06-19-2022, 08:10 AM
I loved Rushmore, one of the highlights of my trip. Did you go through Needles? That road is hairy. Nice bike btw.

taxfree4
06-19-2022, 07:38 PM
I loved Rushmore, one of the highlights of my trip. Did you go through Needles? That road is hairy. Nice bike btw.
Next trip, next year I want to hit Crazy Horse, Badlands and other sights. This bike just glides, even going from Flagstaff to Blythe, California, where it was 115 degrees for hours that temp gauge didn't move @ 80MPH. BTW, she just broke 40,000 miles. I left Fairmont, MN and landed in Elkhart,IN

taxfree4
06-20-2022, 05:56 AM

BTW, snagged a left side engine cover for $52 shipped on ebay, now all I need is a right side mirror housing. You know those little birds that fly back and forth across the Interstate, I guess this is the way they cul the herd, poor fellow didn't make it. Death was instantaneous though he felt no pain. Luckily I carry JB Weld Plastic Weld and it worked like a charm. She's limping back from the cross country but by the time I'm done she'll be like new.

willtill
06-20-2022, 08:25 AM
BTW, snagged a left side engine cover for $52 shipped on ebay, now all I need is a right side mirror housing. You know those little birds that fly back and forth across the Interstate, I guess this is the way they cul the herd, poor fellow didn't make it. Death was instantaneous though he felt no pain. Luckily I carry JB Weld Plastic Weld and it worked like a charm. She's limping back from the cross country but by the time I'm done she'll be like new.

That bird must've been displaying the red meatball

https://i.postimg.cc/bv4VkMDd/Capture.jpg

mike528
06-20-2022, 08:29 AM
if you hit up the airforce museum in dayton ohio they have 4 large hangers, half of the newest one is presidential aircraft and you can walk through all of the bigger ones, I think 4. if your going through ohio today what route are/did you take?

wjduke
06-20-2022, 10:17 AM
That’s the one I showed you that had a crack anyway. You didn’t care about that if you recall, lol

wjduke
06-20-2022, 10:18 AM
Next trip, next year I want to hit Crazy Horse, Badlands and other sights. This bike just glides, even going from Flagstaff to Blythe, California, where it was 115 degrees for hours that temp gauge didn't move @ 80MPH. BTW, she just broke 40,000 miles. I left Fairmont, MN and landed in Elkhart,IN
Many more to go too. My previous bike hit 42k

taxfree4
06-20-2022, 09:38 PM
That’s the one I showed you that had a crack anyway. You didn’t care about that if you recall, lol

I remember but now the baker wing won't stay in the open position. Every time you open it it closes as soon as force is applied. The last x-country I did in 2015 one of those birds hit me in the chest while going back and forth. It was like getting hit with a punch in the chest.

taxfree4
06-20-2022, 09:41 PM
That bird must've been displaying the red meatball

https://i.postimg.cc/bv4VkMDd/Capture.jpg

He probably turned into a little red meatball, lots of deer roadkill and I saw a turtle yesterday walking like nothing on the side of the road

willtill
06-21-2022, 05:14 AM
I remember but now the baker wing won't stay in the open position. Every time you open it it closes as soon as force is applied. The last x-country I did in 2015 one of those birds hit me in the chest while going back and forth. It was like getting hit with a punch in the chest.

Ya gotta tighten the bottom jam nut a little more to keep the Baker wing in position. Not too much and not too little.

jm21ddd15
06-21-2022, 09:23 PM
Ya gotta tighten the bottom jam nut a little more to keep the Baker wing in position. Not too much and not too little.

Yes sir. I carry 2 small wrenches in my cubby, just for that purpose. Only takes a second to re adjust.

taxfree4
06-22-2022, 09:00 AM

I did that but it still closed the port side one is fine. What I did notice is the wing itself is not square against the holding screw, it is angled so my guess is the collision with the bird either bent the unit itself or the mirror housing, from the larger crack that was created, make a difference in airflow direction as to shut the wing

willtill
06-24-2022, 03:41 PM
Hey Mike, where you at? Did you make it back safely?

taxfree4
06-24-2022, 06:04 PM
Hey Mike, where you at? Did you make it back safely?
Yes sir, came home Tuesday. Wouldn't you know I didn't get rained on the whole trip, it rained at night. The last day, Tuesday, coming home from Clearfield, PA I was deluged with downpour. I considered it lucky. Anyway, thanks for mentioning MyRadar because I downloaded it and I is a very useful tool. I am posting the videos on YouTube on my channel taxfree4 if anyone is interested. I'm uploading Monument Valley as we speak. BTW, the side cover I lost came today and is installed. I'm going to miss the garbage pail/Paracord fix

willtill
06-25-2022, 04:10 AM
Yes sir, came home Tuesday. Wouldn't you know I didn't get rained on the whole trip, it rained at night. The last day, Tuesday, coming home from Clearfield, PA I was deluged with downpour. I considered it lucky. Anyway, thanks for mentioning MyRadar because I downloaded it and I is a very useful tool. I am posting the videos on YouTube on my channel taxfree4 if anyone is interested. I'm uploading Monument Valley as we speak. BTW, the side cover I lost came today and is installed. I'm going to miss the garbage pail/Paracord fix

:yes:

BIGLRY
06-28-2022, 02:11 PM
Glad to hear you are home safe and sound my friend! With many great memories with vids and pic to back up all the stories you have to tell, I will enjoy them all.

taxfree4
06-28-2022, 04:38 PM
Glad to hear you are home safe and sound my friend! With many great memories with vids and pic to back up all the stories you have to tell, I will enjoy them all.

I definitely have some great memories through video and pictures. BTW, did the diamond collar fit princess Mimi?

BIGLRY
06-29-2022, 04:09 PM
Yep, was a brilliant success!

taxfree4
06-30-2022, 05:09 PM
Yep, was a brilliant success!

Fantastic, now she'll get a boyfriend with all that bling.