PDA

View Full Version : Air deflectors

SpencerPJ
07-31-2022, 08:26 AM
2013 F6B.
I'd like air deflectors to divert air away from my legs. Especially my right knee cap gets warm when riding, I'm a taller guy.
Any recommendations, I don't want a full blown wing system. thx

six2go
08-03-2022, 01:55 PM
Not sure what you mean about a "full blown wing system", but I don't know how you're going to deflect air without some kind of deflector. Just for kicks, check this out.

https://store.valueaccessories.net/WingDeflectorsFairingMountGL1800.aspx

SpencerPJ
08-03-2022, 02:17 PM
I was implying a 'Baker Air Wing' system. I just need air to deflect a bit away from where my long legs almost touch.

8642 8644

tenxxx
08-03-2022, 07:16 PM
You might try and mount the mirror wings down there. With a little extra fabrication.
Or you could cut down the full length wings till you like em.

willtill
08-03-2022, 09:55 PM
Did you ever fix your front end?

So, I did lift bike and felt the sound was coming from a brake, uncertain witch on. I did a great cleaning with brake cleaner, then a good soap and water bath. Took for a ride today, dead quiet for first 30 miles. End of trip I once again hear a slight rotation. I am going to check tomorrow from a cold start, but I guess it's a possibility that one of the calibers hangs just a tad?? I cleaned the RF prior to brakework but the other side has only had an exterior wash, and brake fluid exchange, so who knows if last brake job was done to a high standard. It does not seem anything threatening by any means, heck most people wouldn't hear it, lol. I'll keep an eye on it.

ps: after sound was slightly present, turns, leaning, heck dragging the brakes did not change it.

SpencerPJ
08-04-2022, 07:40 AM
Did you ever fix your front end?
It got a bunch better after a great cleaning. This fall I plan to replace front tire, and will do a better inspection. I still feel the bearings get warm, grease thins, maybe the slight noise I hear? I only wear a 1/2 helmet, so I hear everything, and I am a perfectionist so.....

You might try and mount the mirror wings down there. With a little extra fabrication.
Or you could cut down the full length wings till you like em.
Ha, I actually plan to fabricate a test with gaffers tape and thin cardboard. I have concluded that my Ultimate King seat sits wider, therefore my legs do not sit as tucked to the bike as others may encounter, so might feel the heat a bit more as a result.

tenxxx
08-04-2022, 08:06 AM
Even with the mirror wings I feel more radiator heat with them open.
So I keep them closed most of the time and still get plenty of breeze.