PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever....

taxfree4
07-31-2022, 02:00 PM
Unlocked your glove box, taken the item out, closed the cover but didn't lock it so when you put the item back you won't have to use the key, get distracted and the next day hop on the bike, mid ride feel something hit against you but ignore it then a little further look down and realize it was the cover...you didn't lock yesterday. If you never did I can tell you EXACTLY what that feels like. I guess the lid wound up as road kill like my side cover. On the upside the tire performed flawlessly. Back to eBay for a glove box cover.

willtill
07-31-2022, 02:46 PM
Mike! Ya gotta quit losing pieces of your new bike! 'bgbrd1'

taxfree4
07-31-2022, 02:53 PM
Mike! Ya gotta quit losing pieces of your new bike! 'bgbrd1'

It's the beginning of the Sicilian Alzheimer's, we only remember the grudges.

SeaSteve
08-01-2022, 12:17 PM
I love my short key glued inside a Honda GW Radio knob. Use it and forget it UNTIL I really need it locked then I pull out the "key/knob."

Sorcerer
08-01-2022, 12:47 PM
Been there done that. Although I caught mine. The real question I had at that moment was, now what at 70 mph. In my clutch hand. It’s amazing how difficult it is to get those 2 prongs into the correct place.

Eternalydamd
08-01-2022, 03:49 PM
I've had this happen at least 5 or 6 times, usually don't push it down all the way after grabbing my glasses out of it, although I've never lost it, it always ends up in my lap and I'm able to put it back on on the fly.

taxfree4
08-01-2022, 03:51 PM
Been there done that. Although I caught mine. The real question I had at that moment was, now what at 70 mph. In my clutch hand. It’s amazing how difficult it is to get those 2 prongs into the correct place.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one. Going the same route tomorrow maybe, just maybe, it flew off to the side of the road.

taxfree4
08-01-2022, 03:53 PM
I've had this happen at least 5 or 6 times, usually don't push it down all the way after grabbing my glasses out of it, although I've never lost it, it always ends up in my lap and I'm able to put it back on on the fly.

HAd I looked down when I felt that tap I probably could have grabbed it but I was too concentrated on the road with the new rear tire and all I didn't want to take my eyes off for a second.

taxfree4
08-01-2022, 03:54 PM
I love my short key glued inside a Honda GW Radio knob. Use it and forget it UNTIL I really need it locked then I pull out the "key/knob."

I have one but I don't use it as I live in NYC and I don't want to give the thieves any chance of accessing anything on the bike.

wjduke
08-04-2022, 01:37 PM
Unlocked your glove box, taken the item out, closed the cover but didn't lock it so when you put the item back you won't have to use the key, get distracted and the next day hop on the bike, mid ride feel something hit against you but ignore it then a little further look down and realize it was the cover...you didn't lock yesterday. If you never did I can tell you EXACTLY what that feels like. I guess the lid wound up as road kill like my side cover. On the upside the tire performed flawlessly. Back to eBay for a glove box cover.
You don’t leave the radio knob key in it all the time? I never took it out so I never had to look for the key to lock it constantly. I never once had anyone steal anything. I don’t recall ever leaving it unlocked either ��

taxfree4
08-04-2022, 08:08 PM
You don’t leave the radio knob key in it all the time? I never took it out so I never had to look for the key to lock it constantly. I never once had anyone steal anything. I don’t recall ever leaving it unlocked either ��

Wayne, this ain't Fall River. The preceint where I live has had one of the highest theft rates since I was a kid. When I had my Porsche back in 2004 the only company that would insure me was GMAC and it was $7,000 a year. The upside is I'll never do a second time...maybe