PDA

View Full Version : Honda Service in Charlotte, NC area?

jimmy hudson
12-22-2013, 12:25 AM
A question to those in the Charlotte, NC area: who do you use for service?

Deer Slayer
12-22-2013, 12:33 AM
A friend here in Advance, NC is very happy with Charlotte Honda and uses their maintenance Pit Pass. His 2008 Wing has over 130k. :cheers:

jimmy hudson
12-22-2013, 12:44 AM
Thanks, Deer Slayer; I appreciate it. ~ Jimmy

1951vbs
12-22-2013, 10:07 AM
A question to those in the Charlotte, NC area: who do you use for service?

I have had nothing but good experiences with Performance Honda in Pineville. I have purchased 6 bikes from them since 2003. If you set it up ahead of time you may be able to wait for service. If I lived where you are I would check with Iron Horse in Monroe. I have known the owner and parts manager there for close to 20 years and they seem like a well run organization just too far for me to go since Performance has never let me down.

jimmy hudson
12-22-2013, 11:26 AM
Thanks, 1951vbs. I purchased the bike at Iron Horse and have no issues with them, or the bike, but was curious about what other folks thought. This F6B is my first Honda so I'm trying to get myself aligned with the best service dept. I had purchased a 2006 Street Glide from Iron Horse and traded it in for the F6B....I wasn't too sure about the strength of their Honda servicing because they strike me as being partial to HD, and seemed a bit surprised when I initiated the trade. That trade was the best one I ever made. Thanks again. ~ Jimmy

Hornblower
12-22-2013, 11:38 AM
Many of us here on this forum do our own normal service. It's quite easy and will save you money. If you're new to servicing your own bike, the answers to most of your questions can be found here. :icon_biggrin:

CarolinaRider
12-22-2013, 11:45 AM
Jimmy,

Small world I am in Waxhaw as well.

Outside town limits closer to Wesley Chapel just north of the campground in Mineral Springs.

Thanks for asking this question. I bought mine from Team Charlotte MotorSports.

I may try Pineville for service as it is a little closer but I may try this independent guy in Indian Trail. He did some work on a buddys Valk. He was very detailed and seemed to know bikes.

http://carolinacycleservice.com/

My buddy with the Valk was impressed by Carlo and that isnt easy to do and prices were very reasonable.

1951vbs
12-22-2013, 12:17 PM
Thanks, 1951vbs. I purchased the bike at Iron Horse and have no issues with them, or the bike, but was curious about what other folks thought. This F6B is my first Honda so I'm trying to get myself aligned with the best service dept. I had purchased a 2006 Street Glide from Iron Horse and traded it in for the F6B....I wasn't too sure about the strength of their Honda servicing because they strike me as being partial to HD, and seemed a bit surprised when I initiated the trade. That trade was the best one I ever made. Thanks again. ~ Jimmy

Jimmy,
Although Iron Horse does a good job of representing and selling a lot of used HD's, make no mistake, Honda is their bread and butter. Even the HD parts Mgr there (Robert) rides a Goldwing! I have another comment about Iron Horse but rather than jack your thread I started a new one in Rides, Etc.....

jimmy hudson
12-22-2013, 06:24 PM
Thanks, Hornblower; I'm okay with changing oil, and I installed a 12v power supply in the stash box; and I installed a belly pan, but must confess that pulling on those body panels makes me nervous. I'm wanting to install a taller windshield and despite viewing a video demonstrating the simple procedure, I'm still nervous about tugging and pulling on the nose....hahah! I'll get over it, eventually.

Thanks, CarolinaRider, for the helpful feedback and referral. It's nice having a forum member right here in Waxhaw!

~Jimmy

Hornblower
12-22-2013, 08:46 PM
Thanks, Hornblower; I'm okay with changing oil, and I installed a 12v power supply in the stash box; and I installed a belly pan, but must confess that pulling on those body panels makes me nervous. I'm wanting to install a taller windshield and despite viewing a video demonstrating the simple procedure, I'm still nervous about tugging and pulling on the nose....hahah! I'll get over it, eventually.

Thanks, CarolinaRider, for the helpful feedback and referral. It's nice having a forum member right here in Waxhaw!

~Jimmy

Sounds like you're well on your way to becoming acquainted with the F6B. The windshield change is not difficult at all. I assume you're watching Cruiseman's video on that. If you decide to try it, be sure to follow his advice and stuff some rags in the cavity so you don't drop the fasteners down where you can't retrieve them. Other than that, it's a pretty straightforward job. Deer Slayer and I are both near Winston-Salem so feel free to come up our way to "compare notes".

jimmy hudson
12-22-2013, 09:53 PM
Yes, Hornblower, I believe that was the fella. Thanks again for the replies and the hospitality.

jkelley
12-23-2013, 06:12 AM
I was in the same boat. Never having owned a wing, I had never worked on one either. Deciding how much I missed cruise and the fact that the paint quality was not acceptable to me I followed what others had done. Installed real cruise control, and repainted the entire bike. Pulling the panels was a real learning experience to me but once you have done it it's really not all that difficult just time consuming. There are folks on here that can guide you through most of what you would ever need to do. A service manual is a must in my opinion.

Good luck with your ride!