PDA

View Full Version : Torque Loops Question

KeyWasted
08-28-2022, 03:59 PM
Any proven benefits to adding them to a 15 BD with stock exhaust?

Thank you.

taxfree4
08-28-2022, 04:51 PM
Any proven benefits to adding them to a 15 BD with stock exhaust?

Thank you.

I have them on a 16 Deluxe with stock exhaust the benefits are you're removing the choking cats and allowing that engine to breathe. Its not what happens after the Loopz its what is eliminated by putting them in.

BTW, if you get them I have the color instructions,, instead of the B&W they send you, if you need them

KeyWasted
08-28-2022, 09:04 PM
Any noticeable diff in sound or power?

tenxxx
08-28-2022, 11:57 PM
I have a 2013 model. I put mufflers from a 2015 on and there was a slight drone.
The torque loops got rid of the drone and gave it a good power boost.
They didn't make the exhaust any louder.

KeyWasted
08-29-2022, 08:06 AM
Someone answered my question on another forum. James, owner of Torq Loopz, said they will not function as designed with stock exhaust. So that’s that.

taxfree4
08-29-2022, 08:41 AM
Someone answered my question on another forum. James, owner of Torq Loops, said they will not function as designed with stock exhaust. So that’s that.

How were they designed, to do what purpose? If it wasn't to eliminate the drone - they do, if it wasn't to eliminate the cats - they do whether you have stock exhaust or after market. If these weren't the intent of the build then what was?

tenxxx
08-29-2022, 09:36 AM
How were they designed, to do what purpose? If it wasn't to eliminate the drone - they do, if it wasn't to eliminate the cats - they do whether you have stock exhaust or after market. If these weren't the intent of the build then what was?

True. They work great for what ever your intent.
A little pricey though.
ID say I got a 5% or more, boost in power, and it is noticeable.
They worked for my intent.

SpencerPJ
08-29-2022, 10:52 AM
I have them with my cobra 626 exhaust. IMO, I think they were designed to add a slight backpressure to some of the aftermarket exhaust systems, but the stock exhaust already has restrictions so if you add loopz, it might have negative results.

taxfree4
08-29-2022, 11:18 AM
True. They work great for what ever your intent.
A little pricey though.
ID say I got a 5% or more, boost in power, and it is noticeable.
They worked for my intent.

I'm surprised the Chinese haven't jumped on this, it would probably be half the price with COLOR instructions.

taxfree4
08-29-2022, 11:25 AM
I have them with my cobra 626 exhaust. IMO, I think they were designed to add a slight backpressure to some of the aftermarket exhaust systems, but the stock exhaust already has restrictions so if you add loopz, it might have negative results.

Do you mean for a louder exhaust note?

KeyWasted
08-29-2022, 01:36 PM
I have a 2013 model. I put mufflers from a 2015 on and there was a slight drone.
The torque loops got rid of the drone and gave it a good power boost.
They didn't make the exhaust any louder.

That’s what I’m looking for. Thank you

Vandal
08-31-2022, 09:07 PM
They sound bad ass with Rush pipes. Stock, no change, I got that direct from them.

taxfree4
09-01-2022, 08:39 AM
Two Brothers and Torq Loopz ain't too shabby either.

https://youtu.be/HepKef_BalA

KeyWasted
09-01-2022, 12:57 PM
I'm not convinced to pull the trigger on em yet, but if and when I do, TBR’s getting my money.

taxfree4
09-01-2022, 02:10 PM
I'm convinced to pull the trigger on em yet, but if and when I do, TBR’s getting my money.

As a side note I saw McConnells on Duval closed up, sad, they had the 2nd best Reubens Sandwich I ever had.

willtill
09-01-2022, 02:43 PM
This is one bike (the only bike) that I have had in a long history of bikes, that I have not had the desire to… change out the exhaust.

taxfree4
09-01-2022, 04:04 PM
This is one bike (the only bike) that I have had in a long history of bikes, that I have not had the desire to… change out the exhaust.

When I had the HOGs you figure since you don't have power you might as well have noise so you slap a set of pipes on.

willtill
09-01-2022, 04:27 PM
When I had the HOGs you figure since you don't have power you might as well have noise so you slap a set of pipes on.

:icon_lol:

Ewreck
09-02-2022, 08:22 AM
How does the gasket/clamp hold up? Anyone ever pull off after setting up and weld?

KeyWasted
09-02-2022, 09:08 AM
McConnells is gone, now Old Town Tavern. Not bad.

taxfree4
09-02-2022, 01:02 PM
McConnells is gone, now Old Town Tavern. Not bad.

Is the Southernmost Bar still there, my son worked there. Last time I was there we went to the Wyndham hotel, I think, right on Duval in the middle of town. It had a rooftop indoor/outdoor bar they were closing and putting a spa in so they could get a 5 star raring, what a waste.

RickW
09-02-2022, 01:24 PM

There are no negative results. These are on literally thousands of bikes (about half with stock exhaust). They have been made since 2002.
Everyone we have ever talked to has been extremely happy. They will eliminate the droan. You will notice the difference in throttle response even though there is only about 5% increase in torque and HP. The sound is tremendously better when using after market exhaust.

KeyWasted
09-02-2022, 02:30 PM
Is the Southernmost Bar still there, my son worked there. Last time I was there we went to the Wyndham hotel, I think, right on Duval in the middle of town. It had a rooftop indoor/outdoor bar they were closing and putting a spa in so they could get a 5 star raring, what a waste.

SM Bars still there. I was at the La Concha which is now Crown Plaza yesterday as a matter of fact. The rooftop bar is gone and so is the spa.

taxfree4
09-02-2022, 05:08 PM
May fly down when the weather gets cool. I usually stay at the Reach, love that place.

KeyWasted
09-05-2022, 04:17 PM
May fly down when the weather gets cool. I usually stay at the Reach, love that place.

Bring your check book, they’ve gone nuts, as have many resorts here.

taxfree4
09-05-2022, 07:56 PM
Thats a given. The Treasury just sent me $4,888 in US Savings Bonds from an abandoned safety deposit box, from a bank that sent them the bonds, I had completely forgotten about. I figure that would take care of a week in Key West, or Trump in Sunny Isles. Haven't made up my mind yet, love both places.

KeyWasted
09-05-2022, 08:28 PM
Thats a given. The Treasury just sent me $4,888 in US Savings Bonds from an abandoned safety deposit box, from a bank that sent them the bonds, I had completely forgotten about. I figure that would take care of a week in Key West, or Trump in Sunny Isles. Haven't made up my mind yet, love both places.

Polar opposites. I have a friend that lives at the Trump condos on 27th and S. Ocean Dr, and while it’s a beautiful place, the traffic...In Key West a bicycle and a gps to get you home from the bar is all u need.

taxfree4
09-06-2022, 01:27 AM
Polar opposites. I have a friend that lives at the Trump condos on 27th and S. Ocean Dr, and while it’s a beautiful place, the traffic...In Key West a bicycle and a gps to get you home from the bar is all u need.

Thats the one in Hollywood, I stay at the one in Sunny Isles, At Trump International there I park my bike when I get there and dont start it till I leave, I never leave the property, you don't have to it has everything. You,re on the ocean, Private pool cabanas with butler service or sit by the pool bar, restaurants inside or a restaurant on the beach. Chase Bank and a coffee and bagel place right across the street. If you want you can walk down the beach to the pier.

KeyWasted
09-06-2022, 10:10 AM
Thats the one in Hollywood, I stay at the one in Sunny Isles, At Trump International there I park my bike when I get there and dont start it till I leave, I never leave the property, you don't have to it has everything. You,re on the ocean, Private pool cabanas with butler service or sit by the pool bar, restaurants inside or a restaurant on the beach. Chase Bank and a coffee and bagel place right across the street. If you want you can walk down the beach to the pier.

Good for you! We've stayed at the Trump Intl. on Columbus Circle and Trump resort at Doral and the amenities and service were first class.

majdsaster
09-12-2022, 12:41 PM
Hey There 'Key Wasted', I'm over here on Big Coppitt. Got me a used 2013 F6B as a retirement gift to myself for future long distance travel plans.
Good to see another F6B owner down here in my neck of the woods.

KeyWasted
09-12-2022, 09:13 PM
Nice!

A few other old guys and I ride every Friday for lunch usually to Florida Boy in Layton. We meet at the Tom Thumb on Big Pine at 11. A couple or three times a year we plan longer rides to Ga or such. It would be great if you would join us.

indadman
04-22-2023, 10:58 AM
Has anyone with the Torque Loopz installed getting significant "popping" when deccelerating? I have reset my ECM several times, and I am still getting it. Using Brothers Pipes with the Torque Loopz.

HELP!

SpencerPJ
04-22-2023, 05:41 PM
Has anyone with the Torque Loopz installed getting significant "popping" when deccelerating? I have reset my ECM several times, and I am still getting it. Using Brothers Pipes with the Torque Loopz.

HELP!

Popping often is a slight air leak in the gasket, and a fairly common problem with the loopz. Maybe readjust the fitting or snug it a bit.