PDA

View Full Version : Phone Holders

HBWinger
09-17-2022, 01:25 PM
I'm looking for suggestions on a phone holder that will actually hold my phone (Galaxy S21 ultra 5G). Anyone currently using something that won't let loose every time I go over a bump? A glove box replacement cover with a built in phone holder would be nice.

taxfree4
09-17-2022, 02:52 PM
Honestly, You should carry your phone on your person for the simple fact if you get thrown from the bike and break a leg and can't get to it or the phone is damaged in a crash or the bike gets away from you, you always have communication on you, just a thought.

No Handle Sam
09-18-2022, 09:28 PM
Taxfree is totally on point with his thoughts. But... that being said if you still would rather have your phone mounted somewhere on the bike these are the best ones on the market. IMHO.

https://www.tackform.com/collections/motorcycle-phone-mounts?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Srch-General&utm_term=tachform&utm_content=574670878548&gclid=CjwKCAjwg5uZBhATEiwAhhRLHiW24n9hALZPeJPFWZ6H 0H_jzEt-Qu-KcbaTgVCYd2juELowanalaBoCwrsQAvD_BwE

taxfree4
09-19-2022, 04:52 PM
Taxfree is totally on point with his thoughts. But... that being said if you still would rather have your phone mounted somewhere on the bike these are the best ones on the market. IMHO.

https://www.tackform.com/collections/motorcycle-phone-mounts?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Srch-General&utm_term=tachform&utm_content=574670878548&gclid=CjwKCAjwg5uZBhATEiwAhhRLHiW24n9hALZPeJPFWZ6H 0H_jzEt-Qu-KcbaTgVCYd2juELowanalaBoCwrsQAvD_BwE

Sam, is that your Street Glide at the end

No Handle Sam
09-19-2022, 05:53 PM
It was. We moved to Tucson about a year and a half ago after being in Atlanta for almost 40 years and part of our downsizing was vehicles. We sold everything except the F6B and my wife's 48 Chevy truck with the thought being that we would get one daily driver after we moved. Who would have thought that you couldn't hardly buy a new car then to save your life. Go figure? The Street Glide was the first HD I ever owned. (My 50th birthday present from myself to myself) I really enjoyed it and I have to be honest... I do miss that V-Twin sound from time to time. But there is no doubt that the F6 is a better motorcycle. But they are really just kinda apples and oranges. IMHO.

Eternalydamd
09-20-2022, 10:33 AM
I'm looking for suggestions on a phone holder that will actually hold my phone (Galaxy S21 ultra 5G). Anyone currently using something that won't let loose every time I go over a bump? A glove box replacement cover with a built in phone holder would be nice.

I have the same phone, I user the Quad lock system, I have a handle bar mount on the left side, run a charging cable up from the left cubby that plugs into the waterproof wireless charger mounted to the vibration dampener, I use a ball mount that attaches to the clutch fluid mount screws. I've taken my F6B offroad with this thing mounted, it will not fall off, when it's locked in it isn't going anywhere. https://www.quadlockcase.com/collections/galaxy-s21-ultra/products/1-ball-mount-motorcycle-kit-all-galaxy-devices?&device=Galaxy%20S21%20Ultra

mike528
09-23-2022, 06:52 AM
2nd vote for the quad lock. have it for my iphone, need to get mounts for my cars now too.

Eternalydamd
09-23-2022, 11:40 AM
2nd vote for the quad lock. have it for my iphone, need to get mounts for my cars now too.

I've got the wireless charging one for my car as well, I love it.

F6Pilot
09-24-2022, 09:15 PM
I use a Ram X-Grip mounted where the logo previously resided below the switch.

taxfree4
09-25-2022, 01:55 PM
It was. We moved to Tucson about a year and a half ago after being in Atlanta for almost 40 years and part of our downsizing was vehicles. We sold everything except the F6B and my wife's 48 Chevy truck with the thought being that we would get one daily driver after we moved. Who would have thought that you couldn't hardly buy a new car then to save your life. Go figure? The Street Glide was the first HD I ever owned. (My 50th birthday present from myself to myself) I really enjoyed it and I have to be honest... I do miss that V-Twin sound from time to time. But there is no doubt that the F6 is a better motorcycle. But they are really just kinda apples and oranges. IMHO.

That was my 2010 on a x-country, even though I thought the 88 cu.in. motor was enough on my 2004 Road King, they just couldn't help themselves and bump this bike up to a 96 cu.in. so more heat. Anyway, loved that bike then traded it in for my 2013 Road Glide Custom, 103 cu.in., which was a blowtorch, which led me to the F6B.

ridinglearn
01-30-2023, 05:30 AM
Maps are quite confusing and riders got confused while traveling towards any place. Solo rider cannot hold phone continually phone holders (https://www.vikingbags.com/adjustable-motorcycle-phone-mount) can be much more convenient to avoid any bump jump.

tenxxx
01-30-2023, 10:05 AM
Use a phone at your own risk. They operate in the same frequency range as microwaves.
Do your research.
if the battery goes nuclear, it will burn a hole in you.
Shit happens.

Az Wingrider
01-30-2023, 10:44 AM
Another vote for the Quad Lock. I also have mine on the left handle bar. I don't use mine while riding but it is nice to know if you recieve a call.

willtill
01-30-2023, 10:53 AM
Use a phone at your own risk. They operate in the same frequency range as microwaves.
Do your research.
if the battery goes nuclear, it will burn a hole in you.
Shit happens.

terryboyle
07-24-2023, 08:13 AM

Which one did you use. I am looking for something that clamps to the bar. I already have a Garmin on the clutch side.

Many thanks
Terry

terryboyle
07-27-2023, 02:11 PM
I use a Ram X-Grip mounted where the logo previously resided below the switch.

How does one get the piece off to mount the ram ball?

F6Pilot
08-02-2023, 07:54 PM
You have to pull the plastic. I've got photos squirreled away somewhere. Let me find them.

F6Pilot
08-02-2023, 08:06 PM
Here are the pics. I believe I just pulled up on the piece around the ignition switch. Steps should be in the manual and it was real simple. Popped off the GW logo, made a backing plate, and mounted the ball.

Big Rick
08-12-2023, 06:02 PM
I also ride with the Quad mount, Ive had the Ram X mount but it broke over time. the Quad lock doesn't move much at all, just get the dampener when you buy